The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

You're not taking my troubles seriously.

I'll just have to find the instruction book.

PS:

The 'tablets' have a large bump in the middle.

This makes closing the detergent container quite awkward.

I've wrapped it in a paper towel and stamped on it and now it fits OK but it's a bad design of tablet.

I don't recall SWMBO having this difficulty.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Rather a nice day here so far,

Matthew and I are still working through the washing pile. We do know how to use the machine.

Dd, the answer to all technical problems is to post a photo on ERs. It isn't possible to go too far wrong with a dishwasher unless you are trying to insert the tablet into the rinse-aid or salt receptacles!

Tony

"she`ll (surely) be bored and looking for something to do upon her return!"

That's exactly my problem.

"It isn't possible to go too far wrong with a dishwasher"

Unless it turns out to be a cooker or something.

Edited by DDolfelin
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's simple Dd. Just swallow the tablet and all your problems will be sorted. You'll even be all nice and shiny on the inside when Mrs. Dd gets back.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. I tried to read the latest on the SQL error thread but I got an SQL error!

Sounds like we have the same grasp of culinary matters, DD. I prefer the hunter/gatherer format any day. At least you know where you stand...

Better go and get my balls cleaned for the big game on Thursday. Eldavo sounds like a bandit name, so I'm expecting the worst....

Sun is trying hard to break through but only 5/10, so could do better.

• RMweb Premium

Better go and get my balls cleaned for the big game on Thursday.

You were aware that this might invite ambiguous comments, were you not? :haha:

Edited by 1216 025

Morning all. Today the gas man cometh. I'm told it really ought to have been yesterday and that today I should have the carpenter coming but it just didn't quite work to the Flanders and Swann master plan... Just the biennial health check for the gas meter, but I have to be here all morning. They're meant to be here sometime between 8 and 12. As I slept until nearly 9 (was awake till the early hours as I couldn't sleep) I hope I've not missed them already (though my buzzer's pretty loud so I think not!)...

Dd - Time to order takeaway instead. No dishes then. Pizza boxes can be recycled into model railway land formations. Any cheese remaining on the box should be extracted, stretched, twisted and used as OO gauge rope.

• RMweb Gold

I used to have to introduce the use of computers to teachers. One of the excuses for not taking part was a pretence at bafflement about any technology so I soon learned the correct response.

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

a quick check in before I go off to restock the food storeage , getting down the the last

crust of bread with blue bits .

Have to get some more wire to finish the control box too , oh when will it all end .

Don , when the bin is full a box of matches usually works for me .

Enjoy your day .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

quite sunny here so I'm told I shall be out in the garden today (which will delay the next edition of 'The Stationmaster Looks At ...' I'm afraid) but I might at least go out for the 'paper first. As far as these dishwasher things are concerned I have simple answer when left to self-cater - either eat out or just keep a single plate and set of cutlery in use actually going so far as to wash them between uses (usually).

• RMweb Gold

When we first had a dishwasher they were not that common as they are now. I then got the impression from many people that it was almost immorally lazy to possess one.

I think when Aditi's parents settled in England one of the first things they purchased was a dishwasher, My FiL always seemed to be quite obsessive about how it should be loaded , quantity of detergent and so on.

Tony, I now have in my hand my Raspberry Pi! Have no idea what to do with it, or when I'll get chance to try it out... The power pack for it is a 5V output mini USB connector - exactly the same as the one for my Pure pocket DAB and the Blackberry I've just got from work, so if you've anything like that you shouldn't need to buy a separate power supply.

• RMweb Gold

Tony, I now have in my hand my Raspberry Pi! Have no idea what to do with it, or when I'll get chance to try it out... The power pack for it is a 5V output mini USB connector - exactly the same as the one for my Pure pocket DAB and the Blackberry I've just got from work, so if you've anything like that you shouldn't need to buy a separate power supply.

I think I'll be getting one about Christmas if I've only just joined the list at RS!

Knowing which version of USB connector is the right one is handy to know. I do have a couple of Blackberry power supplies. Does seem amusing that they will power a Raspberry as well!

Camera arrived courtesy of DPD. Most impressed with their service. They send you a mail one hour before the delivery confirming the time they will arrive and sure enough, they did. For a snapshot, pocket size camera, the quality is pretty good. A metal casing and very retro switches and dials. Looks about 50 years old but with modern electronics. Still trying various settings but first results are encouraging. Could be just the thing when you don't want to carry a DSLR and lenses about and keep reasonable image quality.

Straight out of the box on auto setting...

post-6950-0-21216000-1340721679_thumb.jpg

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Straight line of the day nomination:

"Tony, I now have in my hand my Raspberry Pi! Have no idea what to do with it"

I'm glad that young people still consider me to be an understanding sort of person!