The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all....

Glad to hear the funeral was OK Dom. It's lovely to say goodbye to loved ones with the sun shining They will always leave a light in your life.

Out your way today, Mike. Henley was busy, probably pre regatta traffic and there was some sort of major function at Henley Business School. It was signed as a 'garden party' but seemed to be much more than that. Any ideas, Mike?

Had lunch out at The Frog at Skirmett, which was very good indeed. Of course the pub couldn't be called anything else but The Frog in a village called Skirmett. :D

Edited by gordon s

Graduation Ceremonies, Gordon?

Dom, When my Dad died he was buried in a small Church cemetary close to Constable Country. He was an artist too. I strolled back towards the Church with the Parson who said "look at the sky!" It was a perfect Constable sky of mixed cloud and sunshine...

Take care, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Her Maj was at Henley today Gordon.

A teacher from Newcastle called Natalie Westerman who chose @natwest as her twitter nickname (or whatever it is known as) has apparently been very unpopular over the weekend.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's a good job I'm thick skinned. You need to be on here..... :D

You'll have something running on Eastwood before I do on my project. Now the US layout has been given to my former club I have re-started my European HO model. I now have 8 foot (4 foot of double mainline) ballasted and I'm into some town planning (where shall I put this building...)

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Gold

As Matthew couldn't do a bank transfer today the only other permitted method for his Canadian student visa fee was a postal order. I'm sure the last one I bought must have been in the early 1960s.

I sorted out my passport as we have to send the details to the holiday company. I look ghastly in my passport photo, I must have been unwell when it was taken.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

I sure am glad the term's drawing to an end! I'll need to write a couple of essays over the break, but that's okay.

Nothing of particular notice to report as of yet, except that current predictions say summer will return in full force by Thursday.

Good morning all,

Not much to report from here this morning, though there is a very noisy cockerel moved into the village, If he's not careful he'll end up in someone's cooking pot!

Enjoy the day,

Trev.

Morning All,

It is rather a nice morning here today - definitely an improvement over this time yesterday. Still, I can't complain because the weather over the weekend was very good.

We had a long weekend down at Lake Constance. Here's a shot from Thursday evening, as a rain shower was rolling in from Switzerland.

IMG069.jpg

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, bright and sunny not as predicted thankfully. I had to change to a photo drivers licence when we moved I look like a ghost never mind ill. Hopefully I will pick up Keyhaven on Friday keeping my fingers crossed. Matt will be looking for a job Tony there is not a lot locally but one taste of the humiliation of signing on will no doubt stir him to try for anything.

• RMweb Premium

"No good deed goes unpunished."

It just got worse.

The buyer has told me he is sending the difference which, of course, makes me feel very sheepish.

Double Blox.

I wouldn't be upset about it DD you are obviously dealing with a pleasant human being who might even make a repeat order!

SWMBO is at the In Laws for a couple of days and the dishwasher is full.

:mosking: That`s an emergency: go immediately and "break the glass" in the response cupboard, to release the paper plates and plastic cups/cutlery! :laugh:

• Like 5

Plastic crockery and cutlery also need washing

If you use paper plates what do you do when the bin is full?

Details.......details! :mosking:

....anyhoo; Mrs. D is only away for a few days......she`ll (surely) be bored and looking for something to do upon her return! :yes: