The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Pete, my branch opens at 08:00 every morning. Getting to it and wasting half a day in a queue just to get an emergency withdrawl is not an option for me today. Mick, I know how you feel. At least I've got enough ££ left on SWMBO's Oyster card to get to work. I may be walking home though if this isn't sorted. Maybe it's time to take a leaf out of my old Auntie's book. When she passed away we found nearly £3k hidden around her flat. £50s stashed between plates in the china cabinet, etc.

I wonder how many IT based CVs will be crossing my manager's desk in the coming weeks with RBS/Natwest as their previous employer listed? Assclowns.

• Like 1

Good morning!

7oktas and drizzling.

Saw Doc yesterday evening. He put me on antibiotics till Monday. I hope they work!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Bittern video. I haven't seen live steam for over twenty years now.

On my last trip behind steam, of two hours duration, through really spectacular scenery my grin became fixed and took hours to relax.

Weekend coming up!

The interesting thing in this whole debacle is that ABC linked it together with the Moody's downgrading of Barclays, Goldman Sachs etc.

Must have caused a few "thrills" within Europe...

Best, Pete.

Edit: I wrote this about 30 mins ago - it took this time to post it....

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dull and showery here this morning.

I'm up a bit later than usual, Aditi has an appointment at the doctors this morning so the alarm didn't need to be set as early,

Pete, thank you for trying to link to a hat.Sorry that it was a frustrating process. I'll Google and see if I can see a picture.

Andrew. Some Natwest accounts haven't been affected at all, which seems odd. I was trying to pay a supermarket credit card bill at the weekend. In the end I had to phone up and it appeared that the call centre seemed to have moved from RBS in Southend to Ulster. Matthew is going to need a Canadian bank account soon, so he'll be able to see how they compare with Natwest!

• RMweb Gold

The interesting thing in this whole debacle is that ABC linked it together with the Moody's downgrading of Barclays, Goldman Sachs etc.

Must have caused a few "thrills" within Europe...

Best, Pete.

Edit: I wrote this about 30 mins ago - it took this time to post it....

I think the computer foul up was well under way before the down-grading. BBC commentator didn't seem too concerned about Moody downgrades.

• RMweb Gold

I have successfully used Google to identify a "Bush Hat". It doesn't quite look like my sun hat. I wouldn't buy one in camo pattern anyway, I'd never be able to find it.

"Well I certainly didn't expect to be an Early Riser today."

I don't think any of us plan it that way, Kat.

Banks: I just wonder if they've been hacked.

Not my banks involved in either 'freezing' or downgrading (which just makes it more expensive for them to borrow money).

In my simple way, I wonder why they need to borrow money anyway.

What have they done with the money we gave them before?

... and all that cash that people will be waiting to pay in when they open this morning.

Natwest say they haven't solved the problem yet.

Morning all. Katie - welcome to ERs!

Have been sheared en route to work so a little bit later in the office than originally planned. Forecast for the day is 80-100% chance of rain every hour until teatime. It's currently hot and sunny. Go figure.

• RMweb Premium

I just read a report of how a young mother of 26 years, having suffered multiple organ failure for unknown reasons, helplessly died in her flat, resulting in her 2-year-old son also dying from dehydration a few days later. It is just dreadful how something like this can happen without anybody noticing something to be amiss until is is too late... :(

Morning all,

Just a bad day for me today, what with ****** stupid clients, prima-dona commissioning engineers, vanishing roofing contractors.......containers that might or might not arrive tomorrow, so I might (or not) have to arrange crane & crew for off loading. .........and its now tropically persisting down ............it's one of those times I just wonder what the (insert expletive of choice) to do.................sorry rant over...

Try and enjoy your day..............

Trev

It's great when we get sunny summer days.

The trouble is we can't count on them to plan anything.

That's what you get for living on an island. Continental style weather is far more predictable (specially when you're on the Eastern edge and it has gone past everyone else before it gets to you).

Best, Pete.

Guest Max Stafford

Weather grim here today. Even Abi can't be bothered getting out of bed!

Off to Perth tomorrow to help out on Culrech, but I'm having a day off from Whitrope, having spent two days up there this week with more planned for next week as 'T-Day' approaches!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

showery day so far and not going to change. Fingers crossed for you antibiotics Don.

Anyway our bank is still working, so far, but they haven't called to say they're paying more interest on deposits - odd that - but I reckon it's always a good idea to keep a bit of cash handy because if nothing else it ensures that herself doesn't know what I'm spending when I visit exhibitions ;) and it saves giving shifty looking petrol station personnel any plastic card info.

Oh, and odd tho' it may seem someone (not on RMweb) has passed me a copy of an email invite to opening day at Whitrope, alas it's several hundred miles away too far.

Ha! Very good, Mike. The last time I saw my old Mum (RIP) she gave me a wad of $100.00 bills secretly - told me to keep them to myself. I've still got some! From 2001.

Over here I just poke my card into the Gas Pump, withdraw it and the jockey then pumps the Gas for me. No signing unless I spend more than $75.00. (but Gas is so cheap here.....)

Did y'all see the news from Andy on the latest SQL thread?

Best, Pete.

"I can attest to the fact that when I post in the middle of the night UK time I get just as many problems and there is only a handful of people on board.

That board I mentioned above, The Gear Page has grown exponentially (I'm Member 1207, or something) now 100,000. Yep, they had some issues at times - interestingly one of the things the Mods do not allow is too long threads, like Early Risers on here, they will seal the thread and start another one. The very long threads were affecting the performance...

Best, Pete".

Don't tell 'em that, Pete, they'll shut us down and years of wisdom will be lost..... :O

• RMweb Gold

Two opposite shades of opinion just above then :senile: But I have noticed at various times that this thread does tend to be rather slow in opening and occasionally that bit, hmm, 'awkward' to get posts to 'take' (but others with hardly a couple of pages also fall into the latter camp).

Meanwhile Pete will be starting a new thread called OWLs and will immediately attract all the wrong sort of posts cos folk like Gordon and me will take it to be about something completely different.