The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning ,

a somewhat mixed weather outlook from the window at the moment , the sun is shining but

from a rather cloudy sky , and not nice fluffy white ones mores the pity .

A good shopping trip yesterday , items required obtained and not at major expense , so

more work can progress , now all we need to do is stop deciding to make alterations and additions

to the plan .

I too spent some of my earlier years helping some of the local farmers during school holidays and at

weekends , potato picking , hay making , ploughing and milking etc , had some time behind the wheel of

different tractors , a ' little grey fergie ' , Fordson N , and an Allice Chalmers in the mix . Never got to drive

a combine though .

Right , time to walk out and get the papers before it does or does'nt rain .

Have a good day .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Didn't get too many tractors in North London, so that experience passed me by.....

48 years ago I was singing "When I get older losing my hair, many years from now".....

Today, it's for real.... :D

When I first heard that song I thought it was "when I'm six foot four..". Does this mean it is your birthday today?

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Happy birthday, and welcome aboard the year of the song, Gordon :jester: Doesn't feel any different from the one before, just gives you a slightly bigger excuse for misbehaviour I reckon. Anyway have a nice day and don't get puffed blowing out all those candles.

Off shopping now.

• RMweb Gold

Yup, 64 today....

Happy Birthday! I have a few months to go to make the same age, and having seen a schoolfriend fall 3 weeks short of making it earlier this year, am being cautious about counting my chickens!

Anent horses - we've had them for the last 29 years, but I've very seldom sat on one. Unlike a car, which you can abuse by riding the clutch, hammering the engine when cold etc, knowing it may only cost you money, an animal deserves to be treated properly, and inexpert riders may not do that. All that said, a canter across the Long Mynd many years ago was rather fun!

• RMweb Premium

Happy Burpday Gordon. Nearly eligible for the pension book holder.

I see ERs is still as productive as ever. I take a 3 day trip to Rome and come back and find another 8 pages of deeply meaningful discussion.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by eldavo

Happy birthday Gordon! :drinks: Hope you're getting something nice, like a new engine...

Just spotted this emoticon while I was looking for the beers one. Never likely to be used in Early Risers... :offtopic:

Hot and sticky in Edinburgh today, big fat raindrops as I walked to work.

No driving of tractors or combine harvesters for me, unfortunately! I did "park" my dad's Rover 3500 when I was about 3, sitting on his knee.

Hi Gordn,

My deepest apologies. I read your post when it was posted and I thought that "now it's a reality" referred to losing your hair and not to being 64 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I will drink a brandy in honour of the occasion tonight

Thanks for all your best wishes.

Had a mixed day. A trip on the West Somerset Railway was great. Not so good was dropping my Canon camera in the car park and breaking it beyond repair and then breaking off an arm of my half decent sunglasses. Now a Catch 22. This is the second camera I've dropped. Claimed for the last one on insurance but premiums went up and I lost my no claims record for shopping around. Unless these things are £500 plus, it doesn't make sense to claim, so it's down to me. Just as well the prices have come down and very glad it was my five year old pocket camera and not my new SLR.

Come on England!

Thanks for all your best wishes.

Had a mixed day. A trip on the West Somerset Railway was great. Not so good was dropping my Canon camera in the car park and breaking it beyond repair and then breaking off an arm of my half decent sunglasses. Now a Catch 22. This is the second camera I've dropped. Claimed for the last one on insurance but premiums went up and I lost my no claims record for shopping around. Unless these things are £500 plus, it doesn't make sense to claim, so it's down to me. Just as well the prices have come down and very glad it was my five year old pocket camera and not my new SLR.

Bad luck. it's a bit of a swine when that happens. Had a better experience today... SWMBO's iPod (5+ years old at a guess) had stopped taking charge and wouldn't even turn on. Apple's website suggested a replacement battery would be £39. SWMBO took the iPod into the Apple Store today, and was told it was a dinosaur, they wouldn't replace the battery, but instead if she paid the £39 it would have been for the battery she could have a brand new £198 iPod with double the storage. Result! Good customer service from Apple there.

Come on England!

What do you mean "Come on England!"? They've just beaten the Windies to take the series, what more do you want? ;)

• Like 1