The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny, no wind and pleasantly warm here. Aditi told me it was very pleasant at 5.30 this morning, she has been planting tomatoes. We are off to the other side of London today, to a 50th birthday party.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

up way to early today , dont expect this to become a regular arrival time from me , I

blame the sun coming through the curtains so it wont happen often if the weather

go's back to rain and cloud .

Condolences to you and the family Dom , there is never a nice time to get this type of news .

I will be going into town soon to try and pick up the lateset BRM , seems from the gossip pages

it is a good read so I mbetter check it out myself .

Have a good Sunday all .

• Like 1

Morning all,

Bit late on parade today.............but it's Sunday so guess that's OK? Sorry to hear your news Dom..

I was told yesterday that I now have a steam turbine to install, (along with all the boilers) at one plant, the scary thing is it's "on the water" ( From India) due in ten weeks! and the building & infrastructure has yet to be modified! Oh what fun...so now got to spend today altering drawings so that the civil guys can get stuck in.................Oh s....................!

Enjoy your day,

Trev

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Quite sunny here at present but light rain is threatened for this evening but we are supposed to get more sun during the coming week. After mass scanning yesterday I think I'll give it a rest today, the scanner needs it I think.

We've received a council handout about the day the Olympic flame will be passing through - at least it seems to be a good way of banning some of the on-street parking which plagues the town and the other good news is that, while it is going to process along the river and cross the finishing line of both the 1908 and 1948 Olympic rowing events, we are not the scene for this year's event. (But we have got the 'ladies' regatta shortly followed by the big one so the latter will bring its usual 'entertainment' no doubt).

Sorry to hear your news Dom - never nice to lose a loved one especially the elderly.

• Like 1

Five days weather in New York in case you are visiting (be warned):

Today: 22C, mostly cloudy, SE Breeze.

Monday: 23C, PM Showers, SSE Breeze.

Tuesday: 27C, Partly Cloudy, S Breeze.

Wednesday: 34C, Sunny, WSW Breeze, Sticky!

Thursday: 35C, Mostly Sunny W Breeze, Sticky!

Wind direction is everything in the Summer, which officially starts on Thursday.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Condolences from me too Dom of the loss of your granny - my thoughts are with you.

Probably my last visit til I get back from holiday, as I've a meeting at work tomorrow to "discuss" my continued absence, then a stack of jobs including loading the car for my holiday, which is an internet-free zone, for an 06.00 start - I should be back with you all (SQL errors permitting) early next month.

Also, on the technology front, I've just ordered a new mobile phone from Argos, and the main deciding factor was how few functions it had - it makes and takes calls and text messages - not even a camera - yippee!

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

I know we were talking about this in private Dom, but please accept my condolences via ERs along with the rest of the crew.

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Also, on the technology front, I've just ordered a new mobile phone from Argos, and the main deciding factor was how few functions it had - it makes and takes calls and text messages - not even a camera - yippee!

Stewart

I also made sure that the one I bought had nice legible numbers on the buttons (and decent size buttons).

Trust all will go well with the discussion about 'continued absence' (the last, and only, one like that which I had lasted about 3 minutes and went along the lines of 'well now you're back would you like to go?' 'Provided you can cross my palm with sufficient silver I think I'll say yes to that'. It then took them 8 months to process it and send me off, smiling broadly, to bank and building society!!!!

• RMweb Gold

Yes, a sad day Dominik. Before long though, the sadness will fade and you will be able to remember all of the good times you had together.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Grandparents; seem to be a backdrop to our lives.....such a hole is left when they depart.

That they are, Debs. Once you have known someone for essentially all your life, it is all the bigger a loss when they leave.

Attn. Tony!

Are you or Aditi familiar with the Sitar virtuoso Niladri Kumar? I'm searching for a CD called The Collection - but it may be a bootleg.....

Any ideas?

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Morning all, cracking shot DD, Aint nature wonderful? Just had a very large moth flying around inside the apartment, Took some persuasion to get it to fly out the balcony door......

Oh well it's Monday, wonder what this week will bring us?

Trev.