The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Looking quite pleasant outside, but the forecast predicts an increasing chance of rain beginning this afternoon. I expect another lot of add-on bits for my MRCE 189 to arrive next week, so that I may hopefully conclude this little project soon enough. I shall also see to installing some interior details around the cabs.

If I may ask you for another vote - come pay day, I was planning to add one of the following three to my fleet. Which one would you prefer?

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/Deutschland~E-Loks~BR+156/596070/meg-804-ex-156-004-und.html

or

http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1408750&lang=1&file=siem_21462_53&action=image&position=

or

http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1408334&lang=1&file=siem_21463_52&action=image&position=

Morning all,

Not much going on here at the moment, though I shall be going to the nearest supermarket to re-stock the freezer & cupboards later (4 -5 hour round trip!) .... Enjoy your day, weather permitting....

Trev

Eeeeh by gum but it's cold! 11C overnight not much warmer now! (this is supposed to be Sunny South Africa after all)

Back from Church.

Found out why there are candles in Church.

Lights went out shortly after service began and stayed out.

Clear sky, Sun is shining but no warmth in it, even when standing in a beam!

Edited by DonBradley

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, dry but chilly this morning.Zara went back to the RSPCA yesterday it took about 6 hours for the cats to understand she had gone and relax. Last day of holiday today and still lots of things undone must get my list........

Morning all,

Excuse a couple of days' absence. Been a busy time. But we did get to see Tian Tian and Yang Guang on Friday, and surprisingly for Giant Pandas, both were awake (some of the time)! The light wasn't great for photography, and I'd only taken my little compact camera because I knew I'd be carrying it all day, plus the packed lunches and no doubt Jamie... So instead of photos, here's a bit of video instead of Tian Tian (if I can make it work).

http://youtu.be/lJdqjxB5msE

Dom - for me it's MEG804 of those 3. Though don't you want something that burns coal and chuffs? ;)

Mick, sorry to hear that Zara had to return to the RSPCA, but if she terrorised the cats, then it's too cruel on them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Quite cloudy but it is pleasantly warm here.

Nothing specific planned today. Dog will be taken for a walk / run, a garden centre may be visited.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

well the rain hasn't arrived yet (but it's promised for this afternoon) and yesterday the management managed to get a fair bit of veg planted out so currently all is well in the world.

As for Dom's locos then it's no contest - the (ex) 156 (although I must admit to being rather taken by 143s as well - quite nice, and of course initially novel, seeing them putting in appearances in the west).

• RMweb Premium

G'day all , a bit grey and dull here at the moment , shame as yesterday was so

sunny and warm .

I dont plan on doing a lot today , need to save some energy as it will be a late night

waiting for the Canadian GP .

Have a relaxing day .

• RMweb Premium

This is turning out to be a slow day...been doing some coursework for uni and preparations for school tomorrow, and am now having a cuppa coffee.

Truth be told, I am actually strongly gravitating towards the MEG 156, and do hope it will still be available by the end of June.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Late on parade as 30747 had other ideas about what to do with the computer this morning, then there were a number of jobs to tackle outside in more preparation for Lily's arrival. Was not here yesterday either, due to deciding to have a day out, which meant we came back with a nice bag of sausages from Cowmans of Clitheroe (a selection of sorts - loads to choose from) and with tummies full of Drake and Macefield of Skipton's pies - healthy, perhaps not, but delicious nonetheless.

I've got some photos of the puppies, and will endeavour to post a few here later once I've had a play with then for size and things.

Advance notice also for anybody in this area - Heywood House (home of the Littledale Light Railway) is having an open garden day for NGS on 24th June from 11 am according to the Yellow Book, and that normally means that the railway is operating. If you are visiting, please be aware that this is NOT a railway open day, it is a garden open day with railway running, so it's not likely that there will be lots of like minded railfans there, but there will be the green finger brigade in large quantities. Admission is £3.50 and a ride on the train is usually £1.00 extra.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited for a couple of typos

Edited by 45156
  • Like 1

A sunny Sunday-morning has given way to rain-showers this afternoon.........

I did my good deed for today: acting as a Quaker taxi-service, bringing elder/disabled 'Friends' to our meeting house this morning......`even had a very-young visitor from North Carolina; listening to her speaking to one of my other passengers (an 88 year old), I was reminded how confident and communicative; young/educated Americans can be.........Many British youth have (seemingly) lost 'something' by comparison......for which, I do blame this British obsession with "mobiles". :this:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have completed task number one. Robbie has been walked. Dave may know (from his time looking after Essex) where I walked today Hadleigh Downs is the country park in between Hadleigh Castle and Benfleet Station. We started on the high ground and walked down to the railway line and crossed at the farm crossing and returned along the sea wall to the big car park near the station. The farm crossing field has a lot of cattle grazing on the marsh. While the cattle were then about half a mile away Robbie decided to roll in the fairly fresh cow pats that had been prepared earlier. He was very good when we got home and was hosed down without protest.

Robbie didn't accompany us to the garden centre but we got there just in time to purchase a rose, an obelisk kit and some green string. Aditi is digging holes and widening borders so there must be some grand plan. I have been given responsibility for the broad bean crop this year. We haven't grown them before, but they seem OK at the moment!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've tried and tried to upload some of the puppy photos, but they won't upload or attach for some reason. If anybody is desparate to see the little bundles of fun, the only way I could do this would be to forward the breeder's e-mails to me with the attachments. However, to do so, I would need to go off forum, so would need a private e-mail addresse. If any dog loving ER would like to see these, PM me with an e-mail address - I won't add it to my contacts file so that if I ever get a spam generating virus, it won't transmit to you. There's a few of us here who do like canines (Tony, Debs, Dave come to mind straight away) and I'd be happy to share these pics with you. Don't all answer at once, now.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure Stewart will pass the test, especially as you give the answer above the picture.

I'm sure he will!

I don't think the problem with not being able to post images is a forum fault though!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Full set of oktas in evidence, but dry as of yet. I'm just about to prepare for work, and also expect a zebra to go on its way to my place later today. I'll let you guess what this is supposed to mean for the moment!

Be back later, so enjoy your day...

Morning all

Yet another Monday, a bit of a sad one as the Canadian guy who has been sharing my apartment for the last four years is leaving today. He's going back home, having had enough of Ng!

Still life has to go on...

Enjoy your day.

Trev

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, grey as far as the eye can see. Nothing exciting today just back to work, last night had far too much drama as DD2 went from black to blonde a decision that seems to have taken up the last three days of the holiday.

Morning All,

It is rather a gloomy morning here - not helped by the fact that I made the mistake of eating a large piece of garlic bread before I went to bed last night. I slept badly, and need to remain downwind of my poor colleagues today. Note to self - do not repeat!

Having said that, it was a good weekend. Quiet and the weather was reasonable.

I can sympathise with you Trev - four years of shared experience counts for quite a lot.

Have a good day everyone...

Edited by Robert