The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Indeed it was quite lengthy, but the star appearance of Pricess Elizabeth sitting on the bridge over the Thames and hooting as the royal tender passed was the highlight of the event for me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to mention the most bizarre part of yesterdays trip. As we reached the end of the M61 heading north congested traffic filled all three lanes,it continued onto the M6 we were behind a Peugeot 3008 and to say his driving was poor would be polite. He continued to occupy the outside lane even though he was so slow some people undertook us. After the congestion cleared he still stayed put but after about 5 miles he pulled over and as I passed him Mrs B reported he was reading a book spread across the steering wheel.

Edited by skipepsi

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Off to work within the next half hour, so let me just say hi for the moment. We had some really torrential rain yesterday and it continues to be overcast and grey, so I guess we won't have seen the last bit of precipitation yet.

Be back later...

• RMweb Gold

Hi Don. I did a lot of damage to it when I was younger. Running in school. The starting block wasn't nailed down properly. Block shot back, track spikes dug in, foot went one way, I went the other. It still sets off some airport security due to the pins and a small plate. Every so often it just seizes up. The quacks at first thought it was gout but the tests were negative. The newest theory is that too much stress on the joints are causing inflammation which is mimicing gout like symptoms. Trouble is usually that by the time I can get to the quack its settled down again and its next to impossible to diagnose.

Icepack and Lemsip is the order of the day. Tempted to break out an ancient card kit I have of the Seattle Space Needle.

Andrew

You can get Lego versions of the Space Needle. Only seen them in the USA and always run out of that one when I visit.

Ian

Morning All,

Did manage to catch some of yesterdays pageant on the Thames on BBC news site. Well until the net went! All the jobs that were planed for yesterday went reasonably well. Now lets see what today brings.....

What ever you're up to enjoy!

Trev

I basked in glorious sunshine watching the whole pageant from start to finish, though I did find it a bit long.

Jolted upright when I saw the Princes Elizabeth! I got the original Triang version, second hand, in about 1954 and had it

on two layouts. Eventually sold it in 1998.

Although the forecast is for clear weather, at present it's heavy mist and gloomy.

Have a happy day all.

Gordon, I heard about this accident yesterday evening, the plane crash (second involving Nigerian planes this weekend) is around 30k from were I am, There are lots of conflicting stories around locally about what happened, and it could have been far worse for those on the ground had it happened during the working week. There was also a bombing of a church in the north of the country on Sunday morning. So its "Keep Calm & Carry on" for me, any way I'm off into the bush this morning.

Trev

Morning al,l a nice change in the weather today,I'm walking up to Aber lake today and will hopefully catch a wild trout or two.I managed most of my jobs yesterday between watching her Majesty and doing dinner.

I have to agree about commentators though.I think everything is just dumbed down so much and it might be an age thing,but to me the new generation of reporters are egotistic dummies.Mr Dimbleby must be spinning in his grave.I certainly couldn't blame the weather and technical difficulties I think they just weren't up to the job.There school reports read "Must try harder and pay more attention"

Enjoy your day what ever you get up to

• Like 1

Morning All,

It is a rather cloudy and somewhat cool morning here - but nice nevertheless.

However, we have network problems in the office which need sorting out!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Le Mans Test Weekend went well, the weather was decently hot Friday and Saturday, and only the tiniest shower on cooler Sunday.

As I suggested might be the case, you do meet some people - as here

post-4295-0-35768000-1338794807_thumb.jpg

We saw lots of lovely cars, too. The organising club has a recent history of encouraging innovation - but I'm still not sure Le Mans is quite ready for this

post-4295-0-11570400-1338794858_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Nice pic of young Mr Brundle, Ian. That Nissan looks rather special. Seems to have taken some design cues from Reliant....

Yes, the Delta Wing is a bit dodgy looking. Managed 23 laps - nearly a GP distance! - with a fastest of 3.48.2, which is about mid-pack for LMP2. I suspect it's strengths are lightness, lightness and lightness. It will use a lot less fuel and many fewer tyres, and make fewer stops in 24 hrs. The way of the future in a green world? Edited by Oldddudders

Great photos Gordon. Many thanks!

I am envious and jealous of the opportunity.

You did choose the locality where you live very well. Congratulation.

Local Estate Agents (Realtors in American) advertise the three most important factors in buying a house are;- Location, location, location!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all ,

dry at the momment but a definite threat of wet overhead .

Love that Nissan Ian , a most unusual concept . And a happy looking Mr Brundle too .

Not sure what to do today , so many choices , throw a dice and see what comes up is the

way to go I think .

Have a good day all .

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the tip off Ian. I must have missed it somewhere along the way. Done a bit of Googling and this popped up...

Well if that's the future I'd rather they copied Morgan and put the wide track wheels at the front instead of copying Reliant and putting them at the back. It used to be all too easy to inadvertently cornet a Reliant Regal on 2 wheels instead of three - not daft like the stunts on 'Top Gear' as it was easy to get it back onto 3 wheels but still seemingly the wrong way round with the triangle.

Anyway morning all, thanks for the pics and link Ian & Gordon - and I hope Deb enjoyed the day too Ian.

We currently have no rain and allegedly won't get any until tomorrow - the sky however is suggesting something different but 'the management' is still keen to get out and get some planting done in the newly rotavated area (which is probably distinctly boggy by now ;) ).

Edited by The Stationmaster

One look at that Nissan worries me about terminal understeer and the front end being unstable and flipping up ala the Mercedes of a few years ago.

But, what do I know? Brundle looks well as does the Missus, Ian!

Does Derek Bell ever go back nowadays?

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

One look at that Nissan worries me about terminal understeer and the front end being unstable and flipping up ala the Mercedes of a few years ago.

But, what do I know? Brundle looks well as does the Missus, Ian!

Does Derek Bell ever go back nowadays?

Yes, we were there, standing at Mulsanne Corner, the year Peter Dumbreck took off in the Merc. He set off for Indianapolis and never arrived, finding himself in the woods, instead! Something similar had happened to team-mate Mark Webber earlier that day. Watching the Delta Wing go through the chicanes at Maison Blanche it seems pretty stable - and after all, Marino Franchitti has tested it, being used to all sorts of cars, and is obviously comfy with the feel. Marino was chatting to Warren Hughes on Saturday when we saw him. He and his brother Dario (who has won the Indy 500 twice*) are less well-known in Europe than they might be, given that they are Scots. Paul Di Resta is a cousin.

The bi-ennial Le Mans Classic is this year, and we certainly saw Derek Bell there in 2010.

*I lied. Dario scored again this year - despite a kamikaze last-lap attempt on his lead by Sato which ended in the wall! Very few men have won Indy 3 times.

Edited by Oldddudders

Andrew

You can get Lego versions of the Space Needle. Only seen them in the USA and always run out of that one when I visit.

Ian

Got one for Christmas a couple of years ago Son found it in the Lego Store @ Bluewater.

It's only about 7" high but quite cool. I built one of the card kits about 15 years ago but had to leave it in Canada. Picked up a replacement last time we were in Seattle.

Edited by AndrewC