The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I've still got 2 rashers in the fridge - meant to stick them in the spag bol I made on Monday and completely forgot...

Haven't any bread in the house just now though, so they'll have to wait...

Morning all, dry and high broken cloud here, though can't tell quite yet how many oktas... still a little too dark for that! Yesterday was a weird day - it never really got light up here - low dark cloud all day, but no rain after dawn. Fabulous bright orange sunset as there was a break in the cloud at the horizon, but otherwise a really dull winter's day... Felt like 5pm ALL DAY...!

Guest Max Stafford

I'll be having my bacon sarnie when I get back from walking Abi. Went straight out after cycling home following my 7th and last night shift. Five days off now though. Time enough to finish the Geordie coal puller, I think! Have a most excellent day folks!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Driving this forum with no images it kinda weird. No idea what DNS propogation has to do with it but then again I've only been messing with these computer thingies 35-odd years. If the configuration relies on it then that doesn't sound good to me.

Plenty of oktas in evidence though no sign of bacon. Better go to work then.

Cheers

Dave

Good morning, put we'll soon see about that!:icon_neutral:

Plenty of oktas in evidence

same this side of the county, too although it could be lightening up a bit
though no sign of bacon.

you mean the swine flew?

• RMweb Gold

Good Monring All!

Well, this is it, the last day of the week for me (Sorry Jam! unsure.gif ). All's well here, looks like it may have rained quite persistently over night, and was trying again as I cycled in. 6 Oktas out of the office window now and apparently it's going to get worse before it gets better.... angry.gif (Just as long as "worse" comes *after* i've cycled home!)

Have a good Thursday everyone! MRC tonight, then off to Weymouth tomorrow with SQP :D

GRaham

Sorry Graham, but I have to say I have two inset days - today and tomorrow, and then it's off to Yorkshire for me... ;)

8 oktas here, not a spot of rain in sight... yet!

Just about to have a cup of tea, but no bacon rolls for me <_<

you mean the swine flew?

:lol: Well, you slaughtered that pun didn't you :P

Have a good day all!

Sorry Graham, but I have to say I have two inset days - today and tomorrow, and then it's off to Yorkshire for me... ;)

have a good time. Are you cycling up or will parents let you in the car?:lol:
but no bacon rolls for me <_<

:lol: Well, you slaughtered that pun didn't you :P

just hamming it up!

• RMweb Gold

have a good time. Are you cycling up or will parents let you in the car?:lol:

just hamming it up!

Thanks John. Well, lets hope so, 300miles cycling doesn't really sound that feasible!

I still don't know if we're taking the bike, but where we are staying means we are a short distance to Ribblehead Viaduct. Even if there are no trains crossing, which, let's face it is probable, it must still be an amazing sight!

Camera will be the first thing to be packed I can assure you. Perhaps you would like some photos on here when I return?

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps you would like some photos on here when I return?

That would be nice. I know it may be out of your control but a ride on the Settle & Carlisle line is always something worth experiencing.

• RMweb Gold

"Perhaps you would like some photos on here when I return?"

But of course! Please.

That would be nice. I know it may be out of your control but a ride on the Settle & Carlisle line is always something worth experiencing.

In which case, I shall gladly post them up! I've got plenty of memory (9GB) on my camera so I won't run out of space.

You're right, it probably is out of my control, but i've got to organise the itinerary, well some parts of it.

York NRM is a must, and i've got to work out what else we can do. There are plenty of preserved railways up there too.

I've had suggestions from people on here on the old forum, but I welcome any suggestions.

• RMweb Gold
You're right, it probably is out of my control, but i've got to organise the itinerary, well some parts of it.

If you are near Ribblehead then it is not out of the question. There are only three of four trains each way a day but there is a station at Ribblehead or you could drive to Settle, and go up as far as Appleby or even all the way to Carlisle and back. Do you want me to dig out the times?

Settle itself is an interesting little town and there is an old mill on the outskirts that sells arty/crafty type things. Usually the sort of things wives/mothers like as a bribe for a ride on the S&C