The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
Don't let me put you off coming to Febex at Alton next month, but I am a former member of the Association of Cricket Umpires and Scorers and passed their exam with 99.7%, so whilst you're helping me operate Lynnbottom, I'll happily talk to you about cricket!

:lol: That's fine by me, just so long as you dont quiz me at the end ;)

BoD that explanation of cricket id brilliant, but one has to understand cricket in order to appreciate it. I don't think that it will help Jam at all!

Luckily I had just read a beginners guide of crickets basics online beforehand so I could see what he was saying. :lol:

And just when I thought the weather might be getting warmer its cold today, not to mention foggy in the morning.

Did you forget to turn the volume up for the last question?

Ha Ha! Not Out! Pardon? Not hare-ing down that route!

Did considerably better than several full-time County Scorers!

• RMweb Premium

Dare I ask what the 0.3% you got wrong was?

Working with a New Zealander (who supports England for any match except when we are playing his homeland), couple of Australians and a South African means that cricket seems to be a popular topic of conversation at work, especially at present...

Dare I ask what the 0.3% you got wrong was?

It was a few years ago, but IIRC I attributed a wicket to the Substituted wicket keeper!

Oh - welcome to Early Risers, Claude! Don't recall seeing you here before.

• RMweb Premium

Morning!

So, weekend beckons...and plans include probably hitting a certain Swedish furniture house later today, as well as visiting my girlfriend's uncle for dinner tomorrow. Hope you're all fine!

Later ;) .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Still dark here and raining at the moment. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing today. Yesterday morning I was phoned up by a local reporter to ask if I would go and have my photo taken. There has been a local protest about some proposed building on a school playing field adjacent to this road. The County Council have backed down and are going to use another site that everyone else thinks is much more sensible, cheaper etc. Needless to say when I told Mrs S I was going to feature as someone in a crowd in a newspaper picture she said she hoped I'd combed my hair.

Tony

plans include probably hitting a certain Swedish furniture house later today

Oh yes - that reminds me that I need to pay a visit there too.

I went just after Christmas to pick up some "Gorm" shelves for the garage - but Ikea were Gormless :rolleyes: