The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all , bright sunny and warm already today , F1 practice shortly so that wil pass an hour

away befrore ant other duties .

Yesterdays playing testing went well , showed up a couple of minor track problems , but only

with the kit built loco's , probably down to lack of slack in side play .

Enjoy the holiday DD , I've never been to Greece , southern Cyprus is as clocse as I got .

Have a good day all .

• RMweb Gold

We've already got gate fever here.

SWMBO has just decided that her holiday wear needs replacing.

What a surprise. :mail:

Will you be taking a selection of items for barter (just in case)?

• RMweb Gold

Crete is our destination.

Yes - I'll take some urns.

About 20 Drachmas an hour.

(just in case someone posts the question)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

shopping done, Waitrose and Tesco duly emptied and now the garden calls but if it's too hot MRJ was obtained in Smiths during the shopping expedition and should provide some amusement I understand.

Greece/Crete suddenly seems a popular holiday destination and I hope you enjoy it DD although I'd be on the lookout for Colonels carrying out coups judging by the political situation - so take a camera and you might get some good pics of the tanks and things ;)

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully you will be home again before it all goes t-ts up DD. I wonder if the' Arab spring ' will wander round southern europe as well, the next election in Greece might be the last for a while.....

According to the DT today we won't be accepting them Pete - I reckon DD had better take his bike with him 'just in case'.

That's doable but from Crete? The boats will come regardless.................Me? I'd head for Cyprus.

Best, Pete

Afternoon all! Late on as I was running the Edinburgh Marathon Festival 10K this morning. Managed to waddle round in 1:01:32, 35 seconds slower than I did in October, but it was a far hotter day and a hillier route. Have crashed now and completely zapped of energy.

MRJ was obtained in Smiths during the shopping expedition and should provide some amusement I understand.

Oh?

• Like 1

Just booked Airport Car Parking.

It costs more per square foot than the accommodation.

Do they think we've nothing better to do?

It's like joining the Secret Service.

I've left my BiL as a deposit.

• RMweb Gold

Do I watch the England game or Eurovision? Not much to choose between them really.....

Probably the same result too.

(I'll let you work out what though).

I have been across to Carlisle for the day. Very interesting day on the station. Duchess of Sutherland (with bits dropping off), West Coast 47s and then this strange loco with a funny colour to the top of its chimney.

A broken down freight south of Carlisle caused an interesting build up. The class 47s in the far sidings, Duke of Sutherland on platform 3, the yellow New Measurement Train on the centre road, a Pendolino on platform 4 and a Transpennine express shunted into the Necastle bay, alongside a 156 and 158. One of the class 47s left south to return later, presumably involved in shifting the broken freight train We were just thinking 'that about blocks everything up then' when a train consisting of a Class 20, three Class 37s and 2 nuclear flasks came off the Cumbrian coast line and powered through the station.

• RMweb Gold

We now have trains with the Union Flag on them (not a little one either). is this on all National Express trains or just our C2C ones?

I'm back from Enfield and it is still very warm here in South Essex.