The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Me? I think I'll go to the pub for a pint and some lunch. Whatever I say will be wrong, so I'm opting out........

Probably a very good idea! Good luck with the dress colours. Aditi seems to be able to distinguish the most subtle differences in shades I can't even detect even though my colour vision is supposed to be normal! Matthew has quite severe colour vision deficiency and it would be cruel to ask his opinion!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Seems like plenty of stress in folks lives. I think you are taking the right course Gordon.

I know what it's like to send a dog back when it won't fit in with the new surroundings. Very tough but sometimes it is the only way. The young lurcher we had for a few weeks nearly drove us mad. Lovely dog but absolutely barking mad. Dreadful to see the look on it's face when we took it back to the rescue centre but o my the relief and sense of calm at home!

Not much stress here. The domestics have just set off for 4 days in Carlisle so I have the place to myself unless some lost offspring turns up. Bit of playing trains is on the cards for today, a shed day tomorrow, golf on Saturday and Railex in Aylesbury on Sunday. It's a tough life.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave (Argh!!!!! SQL errors)

Co Durham is a lovely place it has changed so much over the last few years sometimes I don't recognise places.But the people are still the same friendly warm and with that wicked black sense of humour.I have to come home just to get a feel for the place I hope to get over to Philadelphia later on.I walked sister and her dog this morning Dawdon box has gone as has Hall Dene box some very happy memories from that box!! I think the only excitement now are the workings into Seaham Docks and the rather striking "Grand Central" units Oh for the ghost of a J27 Q6 or WD pounding out of Dawdon colliery!!

Edited by simon hudson

• RMweb Gold

I really haven't done much today so far apart from eat breakfast and read the newspaper. I'll have to go out soon as Robbie starts to let me know if his walk is overdue. We went out last night which is quite unusual for us. Our neighbours treated us to a meal at a local Indian restaurant. We had a very pleasant evening but I do feel a bit tired this morning. Aditi doesn't like really hot spicy food as is often served in Indian Restaurants but this one has quite a varied menu, some of which Aditi recognises. She hasn't got the faintest idea what people are talking about when they mention, kormas, jalfrezis or vindaloos.

Does anybody know what Tomato Breedie is? A South African specialty. That's my supper for tonight served on a bed of white rice. Yum, yum.

A mutton stew with onion and potato cooked in a mess of tomato. The 'mess' being whole peeled tomatoes saute'd to a thick sauce consistency.

the recipe;

http://www.rainbownation.com/recipes/recipe.asp?type=2&id=29

Edited by DonBradley

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody know what Tomato Breedie is? A South African specialty. That's my supper for tonight served on a bed of white rice. Yum, yum.

A mutton stew with onion and potato cooked in a mess of tomato. The 'mess' being whole peeled tomatoes saute'd to a thick sauce consistency.

Never heard of it but it sounds like something my son and his student friends cook up, (substitute lamb or beef for mutton though).

Pork isn't easily available where he lives. It probably would be easier to buy goat than pork.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Yay , got here at last , I've been up since 8-00am honest .

Two practice sessions from Monaco , a bit of shopping and time with the lay out and the day was done ,

tried a couple of times to get on site but more time out messages stopped me getting anywhere .

Hope everyone has had a good day , I do feel for Mick with his funerals to arrange , and also hope Deb's is on the mend .

I'll try to be a bit more punctual tomorrow , have a good evening all .

• RMweb Gold

We had merguez off the barbecue tonight - first bbq this year, although eaten on the terrasse. We'd just about finished when Chevron - grey tabby - turned up with a dead baby rabbit in his mouth, sat down in the drive opposite us, and noshed the lot, while the other three cats watched. We concluded he might not need supper after that. Having finished, he wandered off, and came back 10 minutes later with another one!

• RMweb Gold

Ordered my Raspberry Pi today. I must have been far down the queue. Delivery in about 5 weeks. Has yours turned up yet?

Mine is still "processing" in Farnell's order queue.

I shan't be getting the Python 101 guide until it arrives though!

I was watching the Eurovision semi finals tonight, but I did miss a bit during dinner when Aditi finally arrived home. Sausage tonight (Tesco, Toulouse style!).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I have to admit, I find the Eurovision Song Contest a complete farce, much like Sir Terry Wogan does. It's got nothing to do with ability, just which countries stick together! A shame, because the concept could be quite good!

Edited by SouthernRegionSteam

I think the original concept was quite good but by the time I was your age it had gone downhill.

I`m old enough to remember the precision, French-fluency of hostess; Katy Boyle (aka: Caterina Irene Elena Maria Imperiali di Francavilla) and her now-infamous 'knickerless' Eurovision 74`......dear-Lord, we were easily shocked in those days! :mosking:

Morning All,

It looks like it will be another warm day here - at least I will be able to spend much of my working day in the lab which is nicely air conditioned.

My Raspberry Pi hasn't turned up either. Or should I say, my Dad's Raspberry Pi because they are only available to UK customers at the moment.

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all...

I had no idea what a Raspberry Pi was, so Googled it.

I still have no idea what a Raspberry Pi is.

All quiet on the dress front. I gather they are remaking them all. Managed to dodge all the flak relatively unscathed.

• Like 1