The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Get well soon Debs.

Sorry to hear of the Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb's passing this morning - but wasn't sure whether to laugh or not when Five Live were playing "staying alive" in the background on the radio whilst they paid tribute to him...I know it's his song and all, but I was stuck between laughing out loud and being respectful for the deceased!

• RMweb Gold

BoD - my Dad used to live at Greatham - is the signal box still there on Marsh House Lane?

As I said earlier Mike I haven't been down that way since they started the resignalling.

You have got me thinking though. As the new system is all driven from the box at Ryhope, I wonder just how far south it covers. I will have to do some investigation.

• RMweb Premium

I've no idea what's happened here, as there is a strange big yellow thing in the sky, and only a handful of little white fluffy things.

Hopefully the garden is now as puppy proof as we can make it - all gaps appear to be filled with featherboard, and the boards are painted with preserver, but that and a couple of other little jobs have just about finished me off, so it's pretty clear that I'm still not fully mended...

• RMweb Gold

I've no idea what's happened here, as there is a strange big yellow thing in the sky, and only a handful of little white fluffy things.

Hopefully the garden is now as puppy proof as we can make it - all gaps appear to be filled with featherboard, and the boards are painted with preserver, but that and a couple of other little jobs have just about finished me off, so it's pretty clear that I'm still not fully mended...

I do hope you are puppy proof! Is there a delivery date yet?

My dog seems unusually to be fast asleep on the (patio) doormat. He had a swim he wasn't expecting as what seemed liked a puddle in the park was rather a deep pond. My waterproof boots weren't that helpful as the water went over the top of them. Friend's collies obviously have sonar and avoided the danger!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning (correction) Afternoon All, There's something very odd occurring in these parts. There seems to be evidence of blue skies! What happened to all that nice grey we have had for weeks?

Hope you feel better soon Debs. Luckily my knackered tooth seems to have settled down after the Dentist did some serious excavation last week. Just in time for him to have another go at it tomorrow morning.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

The Doctor insists my recent tooth-abscess is behind my current, pleuritis and kidney infections

This sounds quite horrid. But do I not recall Betjeman talking, I think, of his mother in similar widespread distress "her whole body - one huge toothache!" or something like that. As you seem to be a generally fit sort of person - dogwalking is seriously healthy, I used to find when we had one! - I'm confident you'll pull round very soon, but taking it easy is the key here. Keep us posted - but only if you have the energy!

• RMweb Premium

Be well soon, Debs!

I only now have the time for something resembling lunch as there had been lots of work at school. Let me just say I guess the logic of adolescents follows rules which sometimes appear to be from outside this universe!

• Like 1

Good heavens - I've just had a call from the "Computer Maintenance Department". Apparently my home PC has a virus which is causing Windows to send Spam (or some such nonsense). It was hard not to be sarcastic given that Windows isn't even on the machine.

However - it begs the question, who sold my address to these scammers!

Edited to say: Get well soon, Debs

Edited by Robert

• RMweb Gold

Matthew went to New York recently and among all the photos he put up on his Facebook page was a bridge. In my ignorance I thought it was the Brooklyn Bridge. As it didn't look like the one in the Shorpy link, I did some research (OK few seconds with Google) and identified Matthew's photo as Queensboro Bridge. Trouble is reading about it started off a bit of an earworm!

Simon - no, I've not tried the Craig y Don shop.

I'll see if I can find it next time over there.

Hippo (?Steve) doesn't carry a huge stock but I know he made baseboards for Richard.

Will you take photo's of the Jubilee Lawn, Mike?

Village Jubilee meeting last night. No emergency services needed.

Morning All,

It is another nice morning here - sunshine and blue sky. It's already hot in the office.

A day of testing awaits.

Have a good one everybody...