The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Trev. No ID is required at our tip. There is a vehicle height restriction and trailers are banned on certain days of the week. iD is required in the neighbouring local area as Southend isn't part of Essex now that it is a "unitary authority", The one I go to isn't really a tip, more of a recycling centre. The famous one nearby is Pitsea tip (as shown on TV).

Tony

Irritation, mutter, mutter. I posted, got a message saying there was a new post whilst I was typing, do I want to see it? Posted 'yes' and my post appeared twice. I deleted the duplicate and both disappeared!

Nothing to report. 4 Oktas of cloud though otherwise a clearing sky but cold. 8C overnight. It is forecast to warm to only 18 today.

Sorry your efforts with he mower weren't appreciated Mick!

Who does your cooking Trev?

• RMweb Gold
Posted 'yes' and my post appeared twice

You should have left the duplicate Don.

It would have contributed to the 1000

Just got an email from H.M. saying that she was disappointed but thanks for the effort anyway.

She also said

'ps. Warren, who is DD?'

Thanks for the replies Dave.

Morning all

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

Beatiful day here in North Wales I'm working in our Llanrwst branch for the next couple of days.The drive up the valley was glorious this morning I just hope it brings some customers out,otherwise I'll be playing on here all-day

• Like 1

Morning all. Welcome on board Simon, that brings the Co. Durham contingent up to 3 on ERs!

Pretty worn out after the weekend. Came in half an hour later than normal into work and haven't had breakfast yet. Not going to have the FEB but will be popping up to the canteen for a cup of tea and a bacon roll imminently.

Grey and low cloud on Arthur's Seat this morning.

I start a weeks holiday Wed evening and I'm going home to visit mam and family.I will no doubt stock up on all the local delicassies (pease puddin stotties and Angus's beef sausage drooling just thinking about it).I want to go over to Philadelphia take some photo's.

I got a shock last couple of visits home.All the boxes on the coast line have gone and I think most of the semaphores.

Tried that shop I wasn't impressed I wont say to much I,ve use the shop up at Betws-y-coed a couple of times very friendly and helpful as is the owner of Hippo toys in the bay itself.Have you tried the one in the backstreet at Craig-y-don he's not bad

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Had only a short time for computering yesterday, and most of it taken up by business-type work much to my chagrin - then I tried to get here when here wasn't here (again) so just gave up and decided to go out and look at the garden with the eyes of a puppy and wound up doing some rough wodwork to board up gaps in the fences. End result was that 30747 took a look and said "well that's tomorrow's jobs sorted, you can get the paint out and do the new fencing".

Oh yes. and about the time that ERs were debating full breakfasts, I was cooking a Scotland meets England one with bacon, egg, link sausage, sliced sausage, beans, tattie scone, and fried bread. I was missing the fruit pudding that would have made this the perfect breakfast.

Oh yes, and seeing the references to the Magna Carta and preserving the status quo and both are/were good bands in their time.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

cloudy overcast here still but sunshine promised for this afternoon so it might get a bit warmer. I did a spot of mowing yesterday in the are that had previously had the strimmer over it and more to do, plus more to strim. Then piles of bricks to move to clear the space for the 'Jubilee lawn'. And another one on chicken last night - with bread sauce and stuffing plus all the proper veg - luvverly.

Morning all from the boring borough. Its a Monday, but I don't care 'cause I'm still off this week. Yahoo! I'm going to head to da shed and I may be some time. I changed my mind with the layout and decided to use 9mm ply tops for the staging yard instead of styrofoam throughout. Its going to add 3kg to each staging module but will save me around £80 and make installing all the tortoise motors a lot easier.

Tomorrow we're off to Member's day at Chelsea Flower Show. I will be soaking my feet on Wednesday and trying to cool down my wallet. :O

On sick leave from E.R at the moment......metaphorically, sitting outside Matron`s room and feeling rather sorry for myself. :cry:

The Doctor insists my recent tooth-abscess is behind my current, pleuritis and kidney infections......I`m excused all activity, incl. driving and even dog-walking!!!! (good-Lord!.....I must be sick!!!!!). :O

I now have three extremely miserable (and highly expectant `Collies) all in the early throws of "cabin-fever".......`sorry guys!. :lazy:

I hope to return to E.R when the "Not to be Moved" board will be removed in a day or two. :bye:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I got a shock last couple of visits home.All the boxes on the coast line have gone and I think most of the semaphores.

They have all gone, certainly as far as Hartlepool - I'm not sure about Seaton Carew and beyond. Must have a trip down to check.

Seaham box is still there, at least until they sort the crossing farce out.

Get well soon Debs! You're being missed already....

Had to give myself a blooming' great kick up the backside as I was in danger of going into the modelling doldrums. Ran out of ply last week and going to the wood yard is such pain. I get the 8 x 4's cut into 4 x 2's but even then have to strip out half the car to fit it all in. My boot is full of doggie stuff and bits of sports equipment that now rarely gets used. 3.5m lengths of 100 x 25 can stick out the sun roof once wrapped up in dog blankets etc to protect the car interior. Anyway, job done for another few weeks, so perhaps I might get back in the groove again...

Guest Max Stafford

Beautiful sunny day in these parts. Looking forward to getting finished at 4. Wonder what to do after work?

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Debs. I do hope you feel better soon and feel well enough for walkies (subject to medical approval).

Gordon. I'll be removing Robbie's stuff from my car before the tip trip but it isn't too difficult, just a large dog crate. My friend Sharon who walks dogs professionally seems to have enough stuff in her car for any canine need. If her husband uses the car at the weekend he is under strict instructions to drive in a courteous manner and not shout at people as it has her adverts on the doors!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

On sick leave from E.R at the moment......metaphorically, sitting outside Matron`s room and feeling rather sorry for myself. :cry:

The Doctor insists my recent tooth-abscess is behind my current, pleuritis and kidney infections......I`m excused all activity, incl. driving and even dog-walking!!!! (good-Lord!.....I must be sick!!!!!). :O

I now have three extremely miserable (and highly expectant `Collies) all in the early throws of "cabin-fever".......`sorry guys!. :lazy:

I hope to return to E.R when the "Not to be Moved" board will be removed in a day or two. :bye:

Sorry to hear that Debs - get well soon

As we're on this page number do you think someone will ask which (emergency) service we require?

Edited by The Stationmaster