The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good Saturday Morning All,

Well had some success yesterday, got the first phase of the plant I'm responsible for expanding commissioned yesterday ................much to every ones relief (and mine) . So phase to to do soon. (couple more weeks) Then on to two other new plants (still at the foundation stage) . I was told yesterday that the steam raising equipment will be on site in 10 weeks! (Plus customs clearance) So seems like i got a busy few more months ahead!

Ok, enjoy your weekend folks,

Trev

• RMweb Gold

It is a lovely morning here, warm, sunny. Only sound is birdsong. Aditi is off to the hairdressers soon, but I'm sure she will be back around lunchtime and start on the garden. I made my contribution yesterday with the lawn mower. Robbie has already had a mad run round the garden. I bought him a new chew toy yesterday and he seems to like running about with it. I thought perhaps it is time I taught him to recognise colours so this is "red toy". The last one was "blue toy". Friends with some breeds more noted for object recognition say their pets can identify lots of different objects by name. Robbie can identify biscuit / not a biscuit!

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It is a lovely morning here, warm, sunny.

That's not fair.

Yr 11 left yesterday and it should be sunny at hot. It is neither.

It is the law that it has got to be sunny and hot during revision/exam time.

• Like 2

All Hail. No, not a weather report, just a Romanesque greeting.

Weather remains partly cloudy and still cold - 8C

Happy visiting model railway exhibitions, Gordon and racer and anyone else so lucky!

Boerewors, chips and egg for lunch today.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, bit grey here (again).

One of the advantages of my domestic situation is that I can use my house in any way I choose - it's mostly a toy shop but today I shall be pushing the sofas back and using the lounge floor to assemble the base of my new tin shed whilst watching rugby and football on the big telly. Son and son in law are coming over tomorrow to help assemble the rest of it (if not wet), once it's up I should be able to start getting the workshop back up to scratch.

Have a good one, blow the usual healthy stuff I'm going to cook myself an FEB now. .

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

There should be an EEC directive insisting on straight sausages.

It would make them easier to cook.

Much more sensible than straight cucumbers or bananas.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, wet, dull and boring; weather isn't much cop either. Phil that sounds idylic, my fridge is sadly lacking in ingredients and no doubt the smoke alarm would go off waking all the sleepers. Are you ok Tony you seemed to be puting a lot of effort into those modules to give up so suddenly or has it become a bind instead of a pleasure?

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Thanks for the good wishes - I managed my first car trip unaccompanied this morning - 30747 has gone on a course and I drove her to the venue and then decided to spin on into town to get a few bits and pieces that I needed, Shouldn't be too long now before I can manage The Train Shop on my own.

The Wentworth jigsaw was so difficult and challenging that I am getting hooked, and have ordered one based on another Malcolm Root painting - "Coasting Down to Kyle" which depicts one of Mr Stanier's fine black workhorses on the Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh line.

Dull here, but at least it's not raining (yet).

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Here's something those of you with a soft spot for the German railways might like:

...namely a video shot in 1992 at Southern Station in Frankfurt. Hard to believe those ICE sets were still close to brand-new at the time!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, toast (white, walk on the wild side) and tea - very nice it was too.

I never eat the FEB at home but am easily tempted if out. Probably the only time now that I eat black pudding.

I can remember staying in a hotel where there was a choice of continental, English, Scottish or Irish breakfast. The continental was just roll and butter so unlike the lavish breakfast feast served up in some of the German, Austrian and Italian places I've been to.

Tony

I've always found Italian breakfasts to be minimal at Hotels or enfamile. Espresso and a bloody almond cookie if you're lucky. They save the rest of the day for stuffing their faces.

There's always an exception and my MiL makes me a stonking hot fried egg covered in grated hot pepper...

Though I have been across all of Northern Italy have not spent as much time there as south of Roma (where I prefer the cuisine).

Everytime I've been to Germany (which is a lot) all I've been offered for breakfast are "cold cuts", cheese and teeth grinding bread. That includes railways. I'm not a fan of German cuisine at all though, I've never had a decent dinner there ever (except privately). Austrian food is different and better to my taste.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Gold

Evening (almost) all,

Late yet again but all in the good cause of a trip to the little show at Knowl Hill and then ploughing through RMweb for a couple of hours (after yet another trip to Tesco as the spuds in stock had gone off - what do supermarkets do to spuds that makes them go off I wonder?).

Anyway nice to get out to Knowl Hill after a heavy session with the strimmer yesterday. Great little show at Knowl Hill - in the village hall which is fairly small but a nice mix of layouts including a portion of Lancaster Green Ayre which was well worth seeing. And probably the highest percentage of RMwebbers in terms of presence at show etc as I have ever seen (well it was a small show!) but quite a lot of us among the visitors as well. And after my recent problems obtaining flux there was someone there selling flux made to the old Eames 40 recipe - which I used for years for both whitemetal and ordinary soldering, so one very happy buyer.

But it's on to the rotavator and back to the strimmer over the next few days so the flux (and MEK which I also bought) are in the drawer for now but at least I should be getting an FEB tomorrow morning (no toast but potato cakes instead and probably with mushrooms).

Hi guys, busy day one way and the other. Snooker followed by ExpoEM and then West Ham winning their way back to the Premiership. Managed to get my old display cabinet up on the wall. It's only taken two years and filled it with some US stuff, so I can play US trains on ET when no one is looking. I know it won't be right, but hell, who cares?

Tonight will be taken up with food, a glass or two of red wine and then Chelsea in the Champions League. Could be worse I s'pose....

• RMweb Gold

Here's something those of you with a soft spot for the German railways might like:

...namely a video shot in 1992 at Southern Station in Frankfurt. Hard to believe those ICE sets were still close to brand-new at the time!

Smashing stuff - it's nearly 9 years since I was last there (and only to change trains on that occasion) although in a past existence I was quite a regular visitor in order to meet the DB folk at Stephensonstrasse (I always used to stay in Mainz back then).

And I don't know about new ICE's - I can remember seeing the brand new E03s a good few years earlier and before they became 103s!

• RMweb Gold

I suspect that the memory of sparse breakfasts in Venice and Florence many years ago probably encouraged Aditi to select hotels on other Italian holidays that specifically described the lavishness of the breakfast. It isn't only Hobbits that eat "second breakfast".

Tony

• Like 2