The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Afternoon, grinding through the week but nearly there.

I've had Sky Sports added to my tv package and had for..zzzz.gott..zzz..en just h..zzzz...ow excit...zzzz...ing live Test cric..zzzz...ket is...zzzzz...

I'd speak to your installer about that terrible interference Phil! ;)

Just been to collect two parcels from the sorting office. I can now confirm receipt of all expected packages and a Wales-wide shortage of brown parcel tape and cardboard. :)

'it would be nice to have a car with steering" - a feature definitely to be desired

:mosking: I wish more cars were fitted with (working) indicators; for, drivers in these parts seem to share a directional-telepathy that I`m clearly not party-to! :no2:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

:mosking: I wish more cars were fitted with (working) indicators; for, drivers in these parts seem to share a directional-telepathy that I`m clearly not party-to! :no2:

Huh! Britain is a paragon compared to France, where they have no idea what indicators are for - especially on roundabouts!
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Also I have got out to check my indicators as I have at times suspected that the only excuse for some other road users could have been faulty lights on my car.

When in France, I just keep telling myself I'm in France. Belgian drivers seem to be just like Essex drivers!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, sounds like the Reading Society of Psychic Drivers have spread their benign influence eastwards... hard luck.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can't stand Chris Evans but just watched his bit about bowel cancer on the 'One Show' and it was excellent. I did the test thing about 3 months ago, messy but obviously worthwhile.

Get tested!

• Like 1

Can't stand Chris Evans but just watched his bit about bowel cancer on the 'One Show' and it was excellent. I did the test thing about 3 months ago, messy but obviously worthwhile.

Get tested!

I remember attending a medical some years ago and being given a pack labelled: "Test for occult blood in stools" :mosking: ......I protested that I didn`t own a pentagram, hadn`t bitten the head of any chickens and hadn`t indulged in Wiccan-worship (lately) :girldevil: ,,,,but they still wanted the test done! :laugh:

• Like 1

Escape to the Country this afternoon was from your neck of the woods DD. Ruthin, Caerwys and Mold. Beautiful countryside....

It'll probably be on iPlayer if you are interested..

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

it seems to be rather breezy and cloudy but it isn't raining.

I'm off to the station soon. Not sure what time Aditi will be home tonight as her meeting this afternoon takes place very near to John Lewis so I suspect she may be visiting there this evening.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning troops...

Forecast predicts warmer, but somewhat wetter weather over the weekend, but we do hope we'll be able to have a barbecue for dinner tomorrow.

We went on a trip to the Saxon countryside yesterday, and again for a walk with Charlie after dinner last night, which is where I took these images, in which representatives of the Anseriformes order feature heavily...

seeyq.jpg

see2c.jpg

ast.jpg

schwann.jpg

Notice the pen resting and breeding on her nest, which is why part of the lawn was cordoned off. The cob eventually fell asleep while drifting on the water.

Have a good one, guys and gals!

• Like 7

Good Friday Morning all,

Indicate while driving, not here......................they all seem to have an inbuilt sense of what others are going to do. (one of the reasons why I dont drive myself) and when the traffic for the most part is very slow moving at fag paper distances apart, front and back but also side by side....

Must press on though got to go and try and sooth the water between a prima-dona commissioning engineer & a un-realistic client............wish me luck!

But try to enjoy your day,

Trev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good pics with some nice artistic content.

In my experience, the swans are pretty good at keeping folk away from the nest!

I wonder if the particularly grumpy swans come to the UK. When I've seen them on the Rhine they seem quite amiable.

You would have been amused at the meeting I attended last evening.

The plan was to put a planter around an existing street name sign with a brass plaque 'Jubilee 2012'.

All permissions obtained and every possible contingency examined.

.... except in the mind of one Council empire builder.

"The soil in the planter will damage the poles holding up the sign"

"The poles are already in soil"

"But the soil will be watered"

I offered to put a dustbin bag over the delicate sign to protect it from the rain but didn't get any gratitude.

Obviously a dustbin bag wouldn't protect the sign should, coincidentally, a JCB hit it later today.

It will probably need a new sign - perhaps more resilient to the forces of nature.

Good Friday morning all.

It's that time of the week again folks.

Cloudy with a prospect of showers, clearing later but clear tomorrow and Sunday, though cooler.

I said a few days ago that we seldom fall below 10C but tonight is forecast to be 8.

I don't mind over night. I'll be warm in bed!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, a bit damp underfoot but no rain at present. I was reminded of Newmillerdam where I spent many happy hours as a child by your photos Dominick, nobody ever put an exclusion zone round the nests the swans saw off all possible danger. Today is DD2's last day of compulsory school as she was born in the same year as I was 40 I am feeling very old today.

Edited by skipepsi
  • Like 2

Good weather at home in Caldicot and here in Cardiff as I look out the window from my desk.

Feeling rather old as it's my eldest daughters birthday next week and she is 21!

I'm feeling like a grumpy old man