The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all,

All this talk of jubblies..........reminds me I dont think they made it to the rural part of 'artfordshire where I grew up.... now the other sort.........behave you lot!

Otherwise enjoy your day!

Trev.

Morning from me! I'm too young to remember frozen jubblies. :)

Start of the First Test today v West Indies, despite all the complaints about how busy the schedule is, it seems quite a while since the last proper England Test Match. In work so won't be able to listen. :(

Dull and damp in Edinburgh this morning.

Charlie's definitely grown, very cute though!

Have a good Thursday, all - ooh, just realised, today's my last working day of the week. Always good.

Gordon, you'll need to post a photo of the parcel for our amusement! :)

Seems we crashed out again and my post disappeared, so let's try again. Looking forward to Nanny's knitting arriving. At least that will brighten up the day.

Not the best of starts today. Got up to make the tea as usual, opened the fridge and NO milk...Not one drop. :O

A trip to Tesco's at 6.45am is not the best way to start a new day. Needless to say an investigation has taken place and Mrs S's superior debating skills left me in no doubt that I was the guilty partner.

First lesson for the day. Never discuss such a delicate issue with a lady with no make up, haystack hair and a head ache at 06.45am...

• Like 2

"A trip to Tesco's at 6.45am is not the best way to start a new day"

Not the best way to spend any part of the day in my opinion.

Lots of 'freezing' on RMW this morning.

Probably me.

Edited by DDolfelin

Morning all. Went past the car fire on the M25 this morning. The chap managed to get out safely and the Fire Brigade were in attendence. It looked to me like a Nissan Leaf - could only go by the shape as the car was more or less a burning husk. Glad to hear on the radio that no one was hurt.

Could have been worse, Gordon. You may have discovered the lack of milk 4:30 mins after putting the Veet on.......I always look on the bright side.

Forecasters are predicting 4 straight days of glorious weather in Gotham City, all of which may merit in the Top 20 of 2012....

Today: 23C, low humidity, light breezes, clear skies, excellent visibility.

In comparison yesterday got up 30C, high humidity, severe thunderstorms around. It was "Gross" as my daughter said...

I just stepped outside and it was quite windy but I could see the boundary between the clouds and the cool fresh air coming in from Canada.

Have a nice day! Pete.

First lesson for the day. Never discuss such a delicate issue with a lady with no make up, haystack hair and a head ache at 06.45am...

Second lesson for the day, never let said lady see you describe her in those terms, or you'll be wearing the milk...

• RMweb Premium

Morning Peeps ,

weather looks a bit undecided at the moment , mostly grey with a bit of a breeze .

Hoping for a cheaper day today , opticians visit yesterday , a ' slight ' change in vision over the last two

years ended up with two new pairs of glasses and a severe lightening of the bank balance .

Enjoy the day .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

still mild grey overcast here but no rain forecast (yet). Quite agree with Mike about specs - and i've yet to be called for this year's eye tests but if I have to get new specs I shall demand self-locking screws, I sometimes think that I've spent more time reassembling the last two pairs than I have wearing them!.

Off on a train ride today - all the way to Southallistan in order to accompany son down the motorway to Reading and the Royal Berks hospital for another eye examination then drive him home. Seems Mrs Stationmaster would sooner make a semi-cross border train ride than wait to meet him outside the hospital as we did a few weeks ago - such are 'Management Instructions' nowadays. But one bright spot - in this house she is responsible for ordering the milk and keeping an eye on the stock - so if we run short the cat gets the blame.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You lot are greedy I settled for 34 DD.

Aka 3.5 BSH (British Standard Handfuls).

Overcast day with a good chance of rain over the next few days, so true Bonk Holiday weather. Today is a holiday here - the third in as many weeks. What is more, the holidays have all been Tuesday/Thursday, which means many firms take a "pont" - i.e. bridge - day on the Mon or Fri and it becomes a 4-day weekend. This leads to British suspicion that the French have loadsa holidays. Not really true - they never have substitute days, so if Xmas falls on a Sunday, you're back to work on the Monday, as there's no Boxing Day here. Ditto New Year's day. Thus Xmas 2011/NY 2012 was slim pickings!

• RMweb Gold

I'm responsible for keeping the fridge stocked but Aditi does remind me if it looks as if we are down to our last six pint bottle.

It is perfectly safe to have conversations in this house at 6.45 am.

I was concerned that we are getting low on food for Robbie but even if my car isn't back tomorrow, I'll have Aditi's Clio on Friday as she will be going by train to work as she has an afternoon meeting in central London.

• RMweb Gold

Still won't be getting the car back today. As the part is definitely on a lorry somewhere between the factory (Liverpool?) and Chelmsford I didn't see the point of having the car returned and then sending it back in a couple of days. We'll be heading north in a couple of weeks and it would be nice to have a car with steering.

Guest Max Stafford

That's what always disturbed me about the 1970s Toyota ads - 'With a Toyota, everything keeps going right'...

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's what always disturbed me about the 1970s Toyota ads - 'With a Toyota, everything keeps going right'...

Would it not have had to be "going left" for the UK market?

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, grinding through the week but nearly there.

I've had Sky Sports added to my tv package and had for..zzzz.gott..zzz..en just h..zzzz...ow excit...zzzz...ing live Test cric..zzzz...ket is...zzzzz...