The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I either have it or bought for Dad a copy of his Reivers book, as we think our family is likely to be descended from the Liddles/Liddels of the Debatable Lands. I might try to get a copy of that Arthur book too as that sounds right up my street.

I really can't recall any Scottish connections being mentioned in my ancestry. My great aunt was married to a Scot but his surname was Jones. Paternal side great grandfather appeared from Dublin.

On Aditi's side the only Scottish connection was that her father was a graduate of University of Edinburgh (Lahore campus).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Mike. Here's the link, I'm intrigued by the legend of the battle at nearby Arthuret. Legend has it that the scale of the carnage distressed Merlin so much he had some kind of breakdown!

I've been to places in Brittany that claim to have all the evidence that Arthur was one of theirs!

I suppose it is like the claims that Robert the Bruce was an Essex boy!

Guest Max Stafford

Bruce does appear to have spent some of his youth in East Anglia Tony, but I think it was up Norfolk way.

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Bruce does appear to have spent some of his youth in East Anglia Tony, but I think it was up Norfolk way.

Dave.

Writtle in Essex claims the link. They were all Normans anyway.

Sorry, Mike - not in stock here!

One of our number will be getting a strange package tomorrow.

I'd completely run out of reusable padded envelopes.

No problem - I'd buy a suitable one at the PO when sending the item.

They had none big enough.

For a princely sum they provided a 'make a parcel' kit.

What a mess. The little reel of brown tape came apart in my mouth (I hadn't taken scissors).

Fortunately I'd pre-wrapped the item so no harm done - except to my packing reputation.

Assuming that's me... I'll be interested to see if it turns up looking like a rugby ball of sellotape...

Mike. Here's the link, I'm intrigued by the legend of the battle at nearby Arthuret. Legend has it that the scale of the carnage distressed Merlin so much he had some kind of breakdown!

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_18

with apologies to Dd for linking to a rival!

Dave.

Thanks very much Dave! It looks like it's a new reprint of a book of his from 2000 or thereabouts but looks interesting. Of course, Arthur lies in Edinburgh somewhere in a cave under Arthur's Seat ready to rise once again to lead the Britons in their hour of greatest need... mind you, I'm guessing he'll be pretty perplexed by aircraft and missiles when he wakes up...

Not my type, Dave.

I'm more attracted to women with two jubblies.

Ah, the Queen's getting too old for you now she's onto her diamond one? ;)

Edited by sixoh8sixoh

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, been a lovely day in these 'ere parts. Days like today make going to my 'office' bearable - here's a couple of mobile phone photos of today's office:

post-6683-0-57587400-1337191922_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-17739900-1337191948_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Not my type, Dave.

I'm more attracted to women with two jubblies.

I was assuming you mean the tetrahedron shaped fruit drink that cost a penny (old) extra if you had a frozen one. Never knew anyone who cope with two.

Aha! Courtesy of Google...

Lovely Jubbly' was originally an advertising slogan for a triangular-shaped frozen orange drink which was popular in the 1950s and 60s. When John Sullivan was writing the script for 'Only Fools and Horses', he included the phrase as one of Del Boy's own.

Others say... "I'm talking early 60's here; the price was 3d, but if you wanted a frozen Jubbly it cost 4d. A Jubbly was in a triangle shaped carton and was basically frozen orange juice, you clipped one end and sucked it like an ice lolly. A frozen Jubbly could be an afternoon's activity."

• Like 1

you clipped one end and sucked it like an ice lolly. A frozen Jubbly could be an afternoon's activity."

And you ended up with a large chunk of plain ice and bleeding gums!

No Mike - it's Gordon who gets the ball of sellotape.

I only mentioned Jubblies as the software would object to ****.

Amazons, I'm reliably informed, lopped off one of their **** in order to facilitate their archery.

One can easily see how a sore *** would interfere with their accuracy.

• RMweb Premium

You lot are greedy I settled for 34 DD. The cat went to the vets and although his jaw looks a mess it is sound and just needs to heal from the inside out, so plenty of antibiotics a booster jab and a sedative all told a bill of £44! He came home and stuck his nose in his favorite dish.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Sunny and slightly breezy and nippy outside, so I'm sat here with a cup of coffee and enjoying the morning peace. On our trip to Leipzig yesterday, we came past three accident scenes on the autobahn - though while I didn't look all that closely for obvious reasons, I guess no-one was seriously hurt. I figure reckless speeds in rainy weather may well have been a major cause for all three accidents, though!

Charlie sure has grown a lot...

charliea.jpg

Though I had the impression he was just as tired as we were last night!

Have a good'un everyone...

• Like 4