The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

"Having seen Pudsey win £500k on BGT"

Fingers crossed that the dog doesn't succumb to old age or any of the other things that regularly befall pets.

Probably already being pursued by puparrazi.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all , a wet one down here again , and none to warm either .

Tony , in all my years in the motor trade I found that most French cars respond well to a 'booting ' .

Bad end to the day for Williams at the Grand Prix , thankfully no one was badly hurt , it was great to see other teams

rushing to assist in what could have been a really serious fire .

Right then , list of things to do so better make a start .

Edited by Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Premium

I did a quick count up after BGT it is no wonder I never have any cash; 1 dog 2 cats 3 rabbits a gecko a tarantula 5 snakes assorted sizes and 1 old mouse.. Not one of them can sing, dance or paint any better than me

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

"it's probably an age thing..."

Unfortunately not.

It's the result of pushing a wheelbarrow filled with wet concrete and hitting a brick.

Ouch - if you use a Diclofencac preparation be careful of the stomach effects - that particular drug caused me permanent gastric problems.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

and it's raining again (and heading for Essex according to the BBC, sorry Tony). Alas herself regards it as too difficult to get to the jeweller's to collect her birthday present (but it's paid for so nothing saved there) but she is pleased with the path arrangement I laid out yesterday so i can see where my labour will be going shortly ... and so can my back.

• RMweb Gold

The ER early warning works again!

Just been out to get the washing in. Aditi put it on the line at some early hour while it was still sunny. I think the leading edge of the rain has just arrived.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Alas herself regards it as too difficult to get to the jeweller's to collect her birthday present (but it's paid for so nothing saved there) but she is pleased with the path arrangement I laid out yesterday so i can see where my labour will be going shortly ... and so can my back.

A permanent path between home and the jeweller's?

It's not the back I would be worried about.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All, Not been posting much recently which is just as well as RMweb reliability seems a bit hit and miss for me currently. Just encountered the dreaded SQL errors trying to page forward in ERs!

The rain passed through here some time ago starting just after I began a game of golf and ending quite soon after I finished. Who'd a guessed it!

I can only drink red wine or best bitter at cellar temperature at present as I have an infection in the root of a tooth which kicks off seriously if I go near anything hot or cold. The joys of root canal fillings are to be "enjoyed" tomorrow which should hopefully sort it out. These bad teeth must be catching on ERs!

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

A permanent path between home and the jeweller's?

It's not the back I would be worried about.

Fortunately not a permanent path (and she didn't even want to go to last week's jewellery auction either - just as well as it was just before reading Large Scale Show so I could go shopping there instead)

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Slightly cloudy right now, but looking quite good for the moment. However, showers are forecast to commence later on, possibly accompanied by thunder. Frankly, I'd prefer to at least try and sleep in, but that is not to be, it seems.

That being said, I am quite looking forward to the extended weekend - with Thursday being Ascension Day, we have a "bridge" on Friday, and will thus go on a quick trip to Leipzig by Wednesday night :victory: . I'll see to stopping by at my favourite model rail shop while we are there!

Other than that, nothing of notice to report at this time, so have a good one...

Edited by 1216 025

Todays tasks:

Paint an 8' x 4' sign for the Village Jubilee celebration.

Design and print posters for same.

Lick and stick parcels for the post office (and all that involves).

List some more of Richard's stock.

Make sympathetic noises as FiL spent yesterday in hospital (don't ask)

Try and earn some money for myself.

In my spare time I'll try and do some modelling and watch Indian cricket.

Tomorrow will be a busy day - I have guests calling.

• Like 1

Morning All,

It looks like this week is going to be quite a busy one - Still, at least it is a short week.

Yesterday evening was spent at the DIY store buying plasterboard panels to line the dormer window in my second bedroom. It looks like I will be busy over the Bank Holiday!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all,

DD's list seems rather exhaustive ...! Not much to report here but a "quick" diversion to visit the bakers on our way back yesterday took instead of the normal 30 -40 minutes, 3 hours. A fuel tanker had over turned blocking one of the major roads into Lagos, (and the one to the airport too) causing gridlock in one direction, Fortunately we were going opersite direction, even so we got delayed.. Grrrrr.

Still never mind,

Enjoy your day

Trev

No back ache, no tooth ache, no traffic problems, clear sky, no rain threatened, hole in foot closed up 99.9999999999 %, so all is well with the world.

I hope the world is treating all of you as well.

Note to Dd: Hitting a brick whilst pushing a wheel barrow full of wet cement can have deliterious effects on ones well being!

• Like 1

"Hitting a brick whilst pushing a wheel barrow full of wet cement"

It was years ago now, Don.

Just left with the painful memories and a dodgy back.

... and it was wet concrete which is somehow subliminally heavier!

Pleased to hear you are on the up and up.

Morning all. Looks dry and reasonably bright here. Perhaps summer has finally decided it's worth visiting. (Checks forecast... heavy rain Thursday and Friday) Maybe not...

Don - really pleased your foot's fully healed (well, apart from the 0.00000000001%), glad you're on the mend.

Dd - I think I'd rather go to work, your day sounds far more exhausting than mine! Though designing the posters might be fun.

Trev - sounds like a nightmare journey home, but most importantly, did you get to the bakers?

• RMweb Premium

"magis pluvia velux" :laugh:

Ita est!

Edit - On a different note, guys and gals: Which of the two would you choose first, assuming you could only get one at a time?

http://www.railcolor.net/images/basic/siem_20781_66.jpg

or

http://www.railcolor.net/images/basic/siem_21528_59.jpg

Both are on my list of options, so it's really more about "when" rather than "if"... :D

Edited by 1216 025
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It seems to be getting darker than it was earlier. I'll be having a lazy day. My car is going to have a whiny noise investigated so someone is coming to collect it.

I spent ages last night putting the software that came with the new camera onto my PC. I'm not sure it was worth the effort!

Matthew rang this morning. He normally spends ages on the phone discussing highly intellectual matters but wanted to speak to me today. My advice was sought about home brewing of beer!

• Like 1