The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Still only 12C here, but promised to rise to 21C at max.

Will remove my jersey later

Come and bask with me Dd!

I spent much of yesterday attending to enquiries about train stuff for sale!

The whole lot, including the 7ft backscene, sold as one deal last night at a fair, negotiated price, paid for on the spot and removed!

No separate packing, posting, insuring, worrying or hastle.

The wonders of Internet forums!

Much thanks to Timothy who had done ALL the work of deconstruction, sorting out and setting up.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, the rain has stopped for a while I understand another band of rain is on its way north. Yesterday was difficult but hopefully will have positive results for the people involved.

• Like 1

Good morning all. 18C and mostly Sunny today in Gotham. We've had a showery week - which is good as I helped my wife plant the tomatoes on Sunday. Will get sunnier from now on.

Good Luck, Gordon!

Best, Pete.

Good on yer ...seems all the best people wear Drizabone (but my hat is Jacaru I'm afraid).

PS They're a lot cheaper in Aus than they are here.j

I mail-ordered mine a few years ago, direct from Aus., and saved loads over the U.K prices (v/reasonable postal costs/fast delivery times)........the riding length swagman style coat is superb for dog-walking in bad weather; as rain sheets-off at wellie/boot height, not soaking my legs (as with a 'normal' length waxed-coat). :good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, another dreary one today. First day back after ten days away from the madness of core work hours, but the battery is flat in the van. Trying to find the right people to phone to sort it out in the morass of my employer's red tape glue is very daunting so I've let my boss do it for me - fully expect to be sat here till this afternoon!

It was a big day today as well, I'm supposed to get the 'Beat the drought' stickers put on the van - if it's not too wet of course.....

• Like 1

I had an old British riding mac that came down to just below mid-calf. It had those interesting straps that you could put your legs through (for when riding a horse in the rain) stops the Mac from being blown araound.

Does Drizabone have those? They are actually very handy also for motorbikes.......or am I getting mixed up with Tony's S&M story?

Best, Pete.

It had those interesting straps that you could put your legs through (for when riding a horse in the rain) stops the Mac from being blown around.

Does Drizabone have those?

Yes mine has those straps on it......I`ve found they stop the mac 'flapping' in the wind.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

Today's excitements include putting out recycling (delayed due to Bank Holiday), waiting for parcels, walking dog and then a trip to the far east (well the western edge of Shoeburyness) to go to a well known supermarket to collect a camera as ordered by Aditi, She has also given me a shopping list.

It is very overcast here but doesn't seem to be raining. Though as we live in the mountainous part of Essex we won't flood here anyway.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Currently sunshine is flooding through the window behind me and more is promised this week (and more rain of course). Just noticed it's the reading Large Scale Show on Saturday so notwithstanding the threat of a sunny day I might pop over as it is usually quite a fun occasion (and in the meanwhile all the G scale stuff from a past auction has to stay under wraps).

A spot of auction lotting to come this afternoon and i shall have a bit of fun with my pal whose catalogue for the next auction arrived t'other day. Several 'Titanic' items of course including two contemporaneous postcards from the time of the sinking showing 'Titanic' - one is I'm not sure what but definitely not 'Titanic' while the other is quite clearly the 'Olympic', even in 1912 stuff was being passed off as something else!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Glurg glurg glurg - it's been chucking it since last night, so I'm quite glad I don't need to turn out this morning.

Breeder has confirmed that our new brown bundle is thriving, and has given us a collection date of 29/30 June.

I see Gordon's absent so far this morning - probably getting well fed on a hotel breakfast courtesy of the BBC - so let's just hope that he and his family are among the few to beat the brainy s*ds who are the opposition - shame that there's no railway category on the show, as Gordon Vs Chris Hughes would be interesting.

Mike - according to some conspiracy theorists, the Titanic and the Olympic were switched so the postcard might have more significance!

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Gold

We received a Titanic boarding card yesterday. Probably a good job it was late. Seriously it was from some friends who had been to a Titanic exhibition at Mystic Aquarium.

I suspect by now Gordon is in makeup being prepared for the recording. I watched yesterday's episode on iPlayer so that I would understand the format when we watch Gordon.

• RMweb Premium

Feeling quite muggy outside, so I guess we can, in fact, expect rain and thunder later today.

I'm just sat aboard 423 453 and noticing this set has been on this line rather frequently in recent times. I sure would like to get the current stock allocation diagrams for our suburban lines.

• RMweb Gold

I see Gordon's absent so far this morning - probably getting well fed on a hotel breakfast courtesy of the BBC - so let's just hope that he and his family are among the few to beat the brainy s*ds who are the opposition - shame that there's no railway category on the show, as Gordon Vs Chris Hughes would be interesting.

Mike - according to some conspiracy theorists, the Titanic and the Olympic were switched so the postcard might have more significance!

Regards to All

Stewart

When will Gordon and co be broadcast - anybody know?

And yes Stewart one of the dafter theories but still propounded by some - however an alteration was made during building which gave the 'Titanic' a noticeable difference in appearance from the 'Olympic' although oddly the 'Olympic' was never altered to conform (possibly a consequence of the changes to accommodate extra lifeboats or, more likely, to be able to get folk into them?).

• RMweb Premium

Morning all , as far as my bleary eyes can tell it's not raining at the moment , nearly nine hours sleep and

I still feel washed out , that can't be right can it ?

Today I will attempt to do a Metcalf card building kit , should be fun , it will either look okay to go on the layout ,

or it will get demolished and recycled .

Right off to the shops , enjoy the day all .

• RMweb Premium

Metcalfe are excellent kits. Which one are you planning to construct?

Hi Don , I'm doing the sand drying building , my partner in the layout is doing the station and

platform buildings from the same range , his looks good so there is hope for me yet .

Guest Max Stafford

Raining pretty much since 8PM when I got home yesterday. Very late on the go, but Abi needs her walk!

Dave.

Morning all,

Warm but still very wet on the ground here in our corner of Warwickshire, more rain is 'booked' so an indoor pursuit is in order for this afternoon... the kitchen ceiling needs two more coats of paint, the book cupboard needs another tidy up and I've just extracted my Dapol D63xx from it's hiding place ready to repaint it in blue / small yellow panels livery as Laira's D6314..... decisions, decisions!

Tidying things up seems to be quite productive in our house this morning, my other half Sue has found some tins of cat food which none of our four will actually eat, they're still in date so she's decided to give all forty tins to the Cat's Protection League.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

... found some tins of cat food which none of our four will actually eat, ...

My mother didn't exactly have a fun-filled childhood but one of her few funny stories was about how when her father returned home drunk and made what he thought was a fish paste sandwich.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 2