The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

A good time to start that diorama Dominic.

I know just how time consuming, tiring and sometimes frustrating what you are doing can be. An hour here or a half hour there doing some modelling can be very therapeutic.

• RMweb Gold

Oh boy, I do have to admit I'm quite miffed by the class I had today. I'm sure I'll be dropping onto my bed later today and just do nothing at all.

Was this a class you taught or one you attended as a student?

• RMweb Gold

I think Dom teaches Monday and Friday Tony, sounds like it didn't go to plan.

I suspect being a supply/cover teacher still isn't covered by Geneva Convention then?

• Like 1

"I see Debs has returned after her enforced abscess."

Yes, her abscess left a gap.

A sudden recess, followed by ingress of the abscess into said recess; mercifully, now recessive! :acute:

A friend of mine (who is still young) dropped out of IT and trained to be a teacher. He only lasted one year in Middle School before resigning.

"Why?" I asked. "It wasn't the kids, Pete," he said, "It was their f@#%ing parents - always complaining or wheedling for higher grades for their precious's, non-stop about anything you could imagine."

He is now a published short story writer of Science Fiction and a "Madman" of Madison Avenue earning boatloads of dosh,,,,,,and very happy.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure I'd still be working as a teacher if I hadn't got ill. Not really caused by the job but it wasn't possible to continue. I never had any problem with parents though.

• RMweb Gold

You are definitely a Saint, Tony!

Best, Pete.

I thought you had to be dead to be one of those!

In my last job (in a sixth form college) my students said they liked me as I wasn't clever like many of the other staff!

• Like 2

It's probably because the PTA is still a bastion of US Education and the Parents over here tend to take a more proactive "rose tinted glass" view of their little bas - er, children than they do in the UK. I can't even remember my folks getting involved in my education - I think that the Head of St. Martin's would have thrown a fit if they did...

Best, Pete.

Morning All,

It looks like it might be a pretty reasonable day today - it has dawned clear and bright.

I had the utmost admiration for teachers today. Both in Germany and the UK (where I have most of my experience) they seem to be struggling against a tide of change. It wouldn't be so bad if the tide weren't going continuously in and out. Plus, with politicians sticking their noses in where they have no experience it seems a recipe for disaster. However, this is drifting too near to politics for RMweb!

Having said that - teachers seem to be very different people to what they were when I was at school.

Have a good day everyone...

Morning Squeaky et al.

Interesting user name, Squeaky.

It's how some of us feel at this time in the morning.

Managed to empty friend's wallet last evening so I'd better get listing more of Richard's stuff later.

"teachers seem to be very different people to what they were when I was at school"

Thank goodness for that. Mine came hotfoot from their training in rendition and torture.

Wish I'd had teachers like our own BoD for example.

Of course, I wouldn't have understood a word he said.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Getting a lot of sleep this past night appears to have helped, though I will be taking things slow today. I'll be sure to treating myself to something modelling-related by the end of the month, though!

Be back soon, so for now, I hope you'll all be having a good day...

Morning all,

Ah, teachers, like DD's mine seemed to relish torture & punishment.............(any one remember "Wacko" on the TV............or was that just a bad dream??) . Feeling my age a bit this morning, yesterday had to climb (30m) up a new build water tower, big boss wanted some "overhead shots" of the latest project. My arms and legs know all about it this morning!.

Well a t least it didnt rain when I was up there!

Enjoy your day

Trev.

I forgot to mention - thanks for the interest in Richard's books.

I'll prepare a list when I have time.

Postage is the killer, although packages under 700g seem to be £2.70 First Class to UK.

Not too bad for an expensive book.

• Like 1