The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Thanks for that, Gordon.

I've just bought the Readers Digest book of birds (awaiting delivery - me, not the birds) but that looks like a useful tool.

Any Amazon updates on the Hair Re-growth Foam?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all , not raining at the moment , a quiet early morning preparing for a trip up

to Thornbury for an afternoon session at the Bristol exhibition , shopping list made

out in preparation . Veet is NOT on the list . :rofl:

• RMweb Gold

Tony, it's brightened up so very pleasant weather to greet your nephew.

That is nice to know. His plane landed at about 7.30 (not sure our or your time!).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dull and cloudy here but at least it's not raining (nor is any forecast - but I did say forecast). Hmm - another Bristol show missed but the way the M4/M5 junction is and the 'bus service from Parkway I'm not going to shed any tears - missing Melksham was a bind but missing this one won't be. In any case I've got to get underway for Mrs Stationmaster's birthday tomorrow as I'm sure she'd like a card and I'm told we're going shopping to look for a potential pressie - she's decided she wants an exercise bike which could be interesting as she can't ride one of the normal variety and wants this thing (if it happens) sited on the landing.

As someone once said 'we live in interesting times'.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Must be something

I've fallen in love...

Her name is Giulietta, she has a 60 plate, and comes in a beautiful cream colour.

Oh to have the money for an Alfa.

Must be something in the air. I have a similar problem but her name is Virage with a 12 plate and I definitely can't afford her!

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I've fallen in love...

Her name is Giulietta, she has a 60 plate, and comes in a beautiful cream colour.

er yes, I understand that the spares are very expensive (the only one i've ever driven was an Alfa Sud - quite nice for a 'cooking' car in its day.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry Tony. It's clouded over again as another cold front is moving in.

It won't be that different to the weather here then. I hope he takes some photographs while he is there. Matthew did take some while he was in New York. It seemed to be raining, (except at the baseball game).

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Late on parade, as was up early - and as 30747 has Fridays off and goes to her art class, she had a few "small jobs that you can do sitting down" - promptly pulled out a load of books from a hidey hole that I'd forgotten, and lo and behold, all the ones that I couldn't find were out on the floor for sorting and disposal of as many as possible - I am up to five folding cratefuls now and car boot seems the most logical disposal route - there's no transport books there at all though - just fairly recent fiction.

Dull now, and likely to rain before long.

Thanks to my cyber friends for the birthday greetings - strange how many of my cards had trains on them!

One of my presents was a railway jigsaw puzzle with a Malcolm Root painting of a Duchess and it is a very posh wooden job with some very unusual cutting of the pieces, including bits shaped like signals, gradient posts, old gripping tongs, and other railway related things - also the other pieces are very irregularly cut, and there appear to be corners made up of two pieces cut like mitres, and also straight edged pieces which are not the outside edges - made by an outfit called Wentworth, and it looks as if a 250 piece puzzle will occupy about a month. I don't think I've ever seen a puzzle that looks so difficult - anybody else out there know this maker?

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

Not heard of them Stewart, but I must let my BiL know about them...

http://www.jigsaws.c...our_puzzles.php

His passion are 'wasgij's' which as their name would suggest are backwards jigsaws. Somehow you have to guess as the pic on the front is only a clue as to what is going on...

http://www.jigsawpuz...ij-Jigsaws.html

I tell you what, that 'Virage' is a bit of a slapper. I thought she was in love with me, but how wrong can you be. Seems she'll go with anyone..... ;)

You must be very tempted, Dave...

How do you stop this auto correction on a Mac? I'm fed up with it changing my words automatically...

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Premium

Not heard of them Stewart, but I must let my BiL know about them...

His passion are 'wasgij's' which as their name would suggest are backwards jigsaws. Somehow you have to guess as the pic on the front is only a clue as to what is going on...

I've got a few Wasgij puzzles, and they are very challenging, some are the same picture from the opposite perspective, and some are the same image brought forward in time.

Wentworths are totally different, as they are wooden, expensive (250 pieces about 25 quid from what I can see, and have the very unusual cutting of the pieces. Apart from the "whimsy" pieces, there are no two bits cut the same.

The one that I got was

http://www.jigsaws.co.uk/more_info.php?id=51&c=41&t=8095&p=&pgnum=2

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Gold

Apple auto-correct seems to provide endless hours of fun if the internet is to be believed. It always seems to suggest something not quite as intended!

I'm not using a Mac at the moment but I don't recall Mac mail forcing any spelling corrections on me.

• RMweb Premium

I've fallen in love...

Don't get a cream one , the rust will show more easily , in fact , proably best not to buy an Alfa at all .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 1

Oh, don't be so harsh on Alfa's.

I loved my 164 Cloverleaf years ago. Wonderful drivers car with a beautiful six cylinder three litre engine. Love has a wonderful power of making you forget the appalling sales, service and support plus the five bob electrics that had a mind of their own. It was a tempestuous three year affair, that I still recall with affection. Of course that was back in the 90's and I believe they have improved considerably since then. They couldn't have got any worse after all.

Some of the most beautiful cars on the road today. If you have the heart and mental strength to enter a passionate love/hate relationship, then go for it, but eventually it may break your heart....

• RMweb Gold

Was she the Flavia of the month?

Good morning all

The sky is a strange colour this morning.

I think it's called blue.

Shouldn't last too long though.

• Like 1