The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Happy to take some pics and do a blow by blow account, but wondering whether or not to start a new thread. I have done similar accounts in the past on ET, so don't want to repeat stuff that's been done before, but if you believe it would be of interest to the general membership, then happy to.

This is where I'm at, so far.....

post-6950-0-19816900-1335710147_thumb.jpg

Just back from Twyford where we were lucky to catch the Great Britain on its last leg to Paddington. 5043 Earl of Mount Edgcumbe thrashing up the slow line at a fair old lick. I would guess around 70mph, but could be way off. It was certainly going fast for an old lady.

We were lucky to catch it as it turned up the best part of 10 minutes early, so barely had time to turn on the camera. Thankfully it turned out OK....other than Steptoe's Yard at the front.

post-6950-0-77779100-1335710414_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

First and foremost - happy birthday to Methany, who is now an honorary ER to join the ranks of ER pets with Robbie and all the others. 63 eh (using the 7 doggy years = 1 people years calculation).

Lovely day here - NOT - blustery and heavy rain. I'm late on parade, mainy because 30747 decided to brave the weather and visit a car boot sale, and I had a moan that I'd nothing to do here, and she suggested that it was time to sort out the books - both railway and otherwise, and promptly took them all down from their places, and left them piled all over the living room, and then departed. The end result is that I now have about four big boxes of books to get rid of at a car boot, or to the charity shops - there's no surplus railway titles, though, but the job took ages. I was most gratified that 30747 actually got there, as she found some packets of scenic materials and picked them up at 50p each.

I hope that there isn't too much rain induced disuption elsewhere, and I see that the Taunton gathering has happened - I believe that Cap'n K has organised submarine trips back to the station, and I do hope that those going home by train manage to do so, as I believe that there has been a tree down on the GWR main line somewhere between Plymouth and Exeter.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1

First and foremost - happy birthday to Methany, who is now an honorary ER to join the ranks of ER pets with Robbie and all the others. 63 eh (using the 7 doggy years = 1 people years calculation).

Here he is: my "Itsee-Bitsee-Teenie-Weenie-Tricolour-Metheny" (as he was once known as a puppy).......'not quite yet' clutching a pension book; his birthday treat has been an egg-custard; all to himself. :tender:

LateJune011.jpg?t=1242065162

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

Well I go t back from Taunton in one piece athough at one stage an MTB would have been far more use on the M4 than a car, distinctly nasty coming up the hill towards Jcn 18 with the visibility down to well under 100 yards and me down to 40miph but still idiots who apparently think they're invulnerable belting past at well over 50.

Taunton was great fun and even the mad dash of getting the module 'complete' was an interesting sort of fun although it effectively kept me off here for a good part of Thursday and all of Friday and part of Saturday, but the distinctly damp scenic plasterwprk survived the trip west and even got home in one piece. At least the preparation for Mmeber's day won't be quite such a mad-rush experience as most of what I need for that is in my head, I hope.

Nice pic Gordon but I'm afraid that Land's End just isn't the photo spot it used to be with all that junk lying around and the Fort Knox fencing. And what a smasher Metheny is, lovely dogs.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

Forecast for the week looks OK up here! Certainly interesting conditions today on the way to and from Aysgarth where I met this wonderful individual!

Dave.

post-6676-0-70255800-1335743259.jpg

post-6676-0-47859800-1335743263.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Eight oktas in the sky and looking like it might rain any time. However, the forecast says it's supposed to turn sunny yet. No school today because of May Day tomorrow.

Have a good one, guys and gals...

• Like 1

Good morning all, and THANKS Dd!

I don't think you showed us the Signal box or these particular sheds before.

Still overcast and rainy here and forecast to last all week! I'm wearing an extra layer of clothing although the max temp is forecast at 19..

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

I think all the rain and cloud must have gone north as it is dry and sunny here.

It may have gone to a different North as we've currently got about half an okta of cloud here, and it's bright sunshine, and warming up nicely.

Pleased to see that Taunton went off well, despite the awful weather. Looks as if a splendid time was had by all.

Debs - lovely photo of one of your four legged friends.

Regards to All

Stewart

Morning all. Those lovely doggie pics cheered me up no end as I had a rough evening thanks to some reheated sausages for lunch. Sun is out and everything looks fresh after the amount of rain we've had. Still some massive puddles on the golf course, so it will clearly take a few days to completely drain.

Have a good one whatever you do...

Morning All,

It is quite a nice morning here in Schleswig-Holstein.

Hopefully a trip to Miniatur Wunderland is on the cards for later. I haven't been for some years - so quite looking forward to it!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 1