The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

No need to apologise, Jack. I'm sure some dweeb reporter made a mix up between Dulles and JFK and which served which city...after all Mick thought the same as you too!

I'm sure all the photographers will be out in choppers and on the ground when Enterprise loops around the Statue of Liberty.....

The thing is Enterprise was already with the Air and Space in Washington so when they had the chance to get the more significant Discovery they jumped at it and NASA agreed to move the Enterprise from Washington to New York - that is what will happen next Monday.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Dry at the moment, but rain and possibly thunder are predicted for later today. I'll need to take a few images of my newest acquisition, but I assume this will have to wait till tomorrow.

Have a good one everyone...

Morning All,

Not a particularly nice morning here. Rather cold, and I will not be at all surprised if the rain, mentioned by Dominik, arrives before too long.

An interesting discussion on Doctors. My Chiropractor was talking about the importance of a full body treatment - she treated a woman with knee pain who had been going to a doctor for five years. He had been treating her knee, and ignored the fact that the knee pain was caused by an ankle problem. Plus Pete, although modern medicine doesn't recognise the fact I am convinced that in some situations you can (for want of a better word) "catch" cancer.

Oh well - time for a coffee - lots to do today, and the little guy has an appointment with the dentist later on.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning al.

Clear and bright here and moderate temperature wise. Predicted max of 27C

Robert, how does Thomas react to going to the dentist?

I remember as a 5 or six year old kid crossing the road to the other side rather than go past the entrance to the dentist's surgery! I think half expected him to jump out, grab me me the shoulder and drag me in.

Edited by DonBradley

Morning all,

Spent several hours yesterday in the chaos that surrounds any of Africa's regional airports, two hours in the sun does nothing for my temperament.......(pretty hot even at 8:00am....)

But did get some good news, my daughter has presented me with grandson #2! (which also means I won the bet with my ex!!).

Enjoy your day,

Trev

• Like 1

Morning all!

Don, I was much the same with dentists until my late 20s..! In fact last week was the first time I've voluntarily gone to one outside my normal scheduled appointments!

I honestly don't think I've ever met "my" GP. I've seen a few of the other members of the practice and several nurses but I'm sure I've never actually seen my doctor.

Enjoyed my leaving lunch with my old division yesterday. Came away with some Tiso vouchers so I might use them to get some new climbing shoes. Mine have had a couple of years' use and are now a little bit on the fragrant side...

Looks grey and dull here. Have a good day everyone!

Guest Max Stafford

Perhaps we should for a rainwater trading bloc like OPEC lads. The western border country is the rainwater equivalent of Saudi Arabia!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

More rain (showers, some heavy) and more forecast and intending to get on with some more modelling. Yesterday's newly purchased Humbrol was almost as 'gooey' at the bottom of the tin as my older stuff - or maybe it isn't that much older? (but it does go on quite nicely, definitely a more comfortable feeling than using the acrylics - even for a spot of weathering).

The UK forecast for the next ten days indicates rain on nine of them.

We had a couple of light showers overnight (the first rain for weeks) and we may get an inch over the weekend bit it is much needed in my garden....temp today is 73f (in old money).

Have a good day!

Best, Pete.

Robert, how does Thomas react to going to the dentist?

Generally, not too bad. However, He's never had anything much done other than check ups.

Today may be a different story. He has to have one of his milk teeth out and I know he isn't looking forward to it. (Can't say I blame him).

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Wet and miserable here, as well as a bit chilly - still need the CH for a couple of hours at a time.

I had a couple of bad experiences as a kid with the dentist - on both occasions, I had extractions with gas, but nobody had told me what was going to happen, and they just shoved the mask onto my face. However, in later years, I have managed to come round to visiting the dentist when I need to, and to have my periodic checkup.

Off to checl some layouts.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

I think the scenes in "The Marathon Man" may have been inspired by the school dentist when I was about 5 in Somerset. I really have no problem with my current dentist. He is very competent and for years was the only NHS dentist near here! Matthew at about 12 or 13 had to have four healthy teeth removed and our dentist wanted to refer him but Matthew insisted that our dentist did it "as he liked him!"

• RMweb Premium

So sorry to hear this Gordon , he looked to be a great companion , I'm sure he will be missed .

At least it was a painless parting with no suffering , only for those left behind .

RIP Lukey .

Edited by Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, Gordon.

We've all been there with animals many times, and we do only look after them for the time that they have with us, which of course is not as long as our time. When the time comes, it comes and the best thing we can do then is to make sure that our friend doesn't suffer any longer. It doesn't really make us feel any better, but we can rest assured that as far as the pet is concerned, we have done the right thing.

RIP Lukey

• Like 1