The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, woke up at 9.55 this morning bright sunshine but very windy. After being dismissive about yesterdays rain it got much worse and the lawn was covered in standing water for a while. I was quite happy to learn a little more about DCC, I had hoped to buy a dynamis with the money my Mum left me but ended up spending it all on the Saab. One day!

Happy Birthday Jam enjoy being 19 and only responsible for yourself. Tony it sounds like Robbie has got his zest for life back which must be heartening for you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Happy birthday Jam. Go steady on the loopy juice!

Glad to hear Robbie is recovering well Tony. For some reason I woke in dark mood today missing our old mutt. Strange how these shaggy old dogs get to you.

Off for a round of golf before the weather turns nasty. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Happy birthday Jam! I rather like the Rekordelig Apple and Blackcurrant cider and Strawberry and Lim cider, adn the Kopparberg mixed fruits... Not so bothered about the big Irish brand, don't think it tastes that good, and I normally feel queasy after one bottle of it!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

First off - happy birthday, Jam - hope the day goes well for you - not too much of the strong appleade now, your head will thank you in the morning.

Good news about Robbie, Tony, hope the recovery continues at speed. On the dog front, a colleague of mine has a three month old Sprocker puppy and came in with said bundle of fun this morning, to visit me and bring me some canine cheer - it worked, but I really wonder whether I could cope with the sheer exhuberance of a spaniel pup at present.

Managed to get hold of the district nurses this morning, and they agreed to come out early to take the staples out - that is now done, and was one of these moments of sheer relief. I mentioned that there had been problems all over the weekend, and she asked why I hadn't called. " I did, but the phone no was on answering service". "Ah", said she," but did you call the weekend number" - "what weekend number?" -" this one". Great, nobody gave me the emergency number for the service at all, so I was suffering for no real need - never mind, it's all done now, and I can start to mobilise the muscles.

Absolutely hoying down with rain last night, and into the morning - shame we can't send some down to our Southern counties.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My cider preferences are both Bulmers and also Koppaberg - I haven't had Koppaberg in a while though - must remember to get some ready for a potential party on the 14th (weather permitting!). Never tried Rekordelig though...

I had about 4 Bulmers the other day (which my dad bought me, of all people!) and I actually fared rather well I must say. Didn't even get a headache in the morning.

I haven't really got anything planned for today, but I do want to get some modelling done as I haven't done any in what feels like an eternity.

• RMweb Gold

Stewart, glad to hear about the staples.

A cross between a springer and a cocker would probably look a bit like Robbie. Working cockers look rather like small springers. Once upon a time before "show" cockers appeared a big cocker was a springer and a small springer was a cocker for working dogs.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Stewart my suggestion's would be either wait until a Sussex of at least 2 years old comes up at a rescue or get a retired racing Greyhound an easy dog to look after and two twenty minute walks are enough for most of them to curl up in the warmth. They are not fond of walking in the rain or being left alone for long periods of time.

• RMweb Gold

They are not fond of walking in the rain or being left alone for long periods of time.

Robbie doesn't get left alone very often but seems to cope (I leave Radio 2 on for him) however he seems totally weatherproof. He does have a bad habit that he seems to lead other dogs astray. Other owners have commented that their dogs have never shown interest in ditch-diving until they followed Robbie in. He won't be doing that for a while as he is on a light exercise routine at the moment though he seems not to realise it.

• RMweb Gold

Ooops - sorry I missed the birthday hint Jam - all the belated best.

And great to hear that Stewart has got rid of the staples. The chiropractor didn't do a bad job this morning although there was plenty of elbow used and one bending session produced a 'click' that even Mrs Stationmaster heard on the other side of the room - so some relief has been obtained and I'm actually walking a bit better than I was before I went. A further session to come on Friday which will concentrate more (with the elbow I expect) on the site of the core injury now the consequentials are on the way to recovery (I hope) but no long distance driving for now so it looks like I can forget Trainwest this coming Saturday (fingers firmly crossed for Taunton the following weekend).

BTW the idea of using ice packs is to deal with strain and muscle damage as soon as possible after it has happened. If heat is applied it relaxes the damaged area and can result in more problems and muscle bruising when it cools down after the heat is removed. Best treatment if you suspect muscle damage is an immediate ice pack says the chiro (and my problems would have been worse if I hadn't done that he reckons as I damaged a muscle and a nerve).

• RMweb Gold

So am I

Have you got a Buster collar and blanket stitching down your abdomen as well? I do hope you aren't rolling on your back to show everyone your operation site!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Gee, the first session of my previous course turned out to be slightly chaotic. I am now waiting for the third and last course for Tuesday. It is clouding up outside, and, fittingly, I do not have an umbrella with me.

It sure is good to see the landscape erupting in bloom, though :) . Thankfully, I did not have any hayfever issues as of yet.

Commiserations, celebrations, good will or best wishes to fellow ER's and their dogs. Miss a day and everything happens...

Seem to have spent the whole day in telephone queues. What on earth is going on? If I could get hold of the guy who invented these waiting machines and music on hold, I'd personally cut off his goolies, very slowly and with a blunt knife.....

Aaaargh!

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

One of the worst calls was to the council. Permanently engaged. Surprise surprise our council issue blue bags weren't collected this morning, so last week was a one off fluke...... :angry:

Our scheme always does one day late if there is a Bank Holiday Monday. The best way for us to identify bin day delays due to other Bank Holidays is to see why Robbie is barking.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One of the worst calls was to the council. Permanently engaged. Surprise surprise our council issue blue bags weren't collected this morning, so last week was a one off fluke...... :angry:

Yours

Wrathful of Wokingham

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yours

Wrathful of Wokingham

This sounded serious so I Googled Wokingham Blue Bags. There are some wonderful quotes to be found there, especially from those people with undersized wrong shade of blue bags. It sounds as if revolution is brewing.