The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Although, for example, The Big Bang Theory gets around this by using correct words like "######" - which I personally find funnier. That's me though.

Best, Pete.

###### is really difficult to find on a recent UK Mac keyboard, I had to Google it on a proper computer. # is one of those unsupported things like Blu-ray that somehow don't get mentioned as irritating.

BoD, I just cannot work out the difference between ####### and #######.

To me neither are funny! ha ha.

As a kid I would choose b&w British comedy over American colour every time.

Having now seen a number of British "Live at the Apolo" shows I consider British so called stand up comedy to be the most appalling crude and blasphemous garbage ever to disgrace any screen. On the other hand American humour (and often 'acting') seems to consist of everybody shouting each other down!

Rant over(till next Tuesday, when next showing of BBC 'Comedy night')

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 1

While I can't quite remember what ###### is, I've got to agree with Pete - The Big Bang Theory is one of the best comedies I've seen in a long time without needing to be crude. It's very clever and well acted. On a par with the better episodes of Frasier, in my opinion, and as good as the Croft/Perry comedies!

Guest Max Stafford

And you're not wrong Don! Most British stand up (with some honourable exceptions) is performed by those same North London middle class trendies I had a rant about. Whilst I'm a bit of an irreverent sort myself, I do general like my humour to be funny as opposed to some tedious lightweight acting like a naughty boy showing off! :shout:

Dave.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There was some choice language here earlier today - well one word actually when I bent down to pick up my old modelling tray off the floor and duly knackered my back in the process, the choice word came when I tried to straighten up and my back wouldn't. So far its had an icepack and an application of Voltarol but i think I'll be on the chiropractor's doorstep whenever he's due to reopen!

There was some choice language here earlier today - well one word actually when I bent down to pick up my old modelling tray off the floor and duly knackered my back in the process, the choice word came when I tried to straighten up and my back wouldn't. So far its had an icepack and an application of Voltarol but i think I'll be on the chiropractor's doorstep whenever he's due to reopen!

:O Oh no!........hope you`ll feel better soon, Mike. :good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And you're not wrong Don! Most British stand up (with some honourable exceptions) is performed by those same North London middle class trendies I had a rant about.

That Frankie Boyle really should stop using that fake Glasgow accent.

• RMweb Gold

when I tried to straighten up and my back wouldn't. So far its had an icepack and an application of Voltarol but i think I'll be on the chiropractor's doorstep whenever he's due to reopen!

I do hope you feel better soon. My back pains are always temporary but my father had a back problem that for some reason seemed to be triggered by something seemingly trivial. He'd do all kinds of hard physical tasks and then be incapacitated picking something up. He had an awful GP who equated back pain with malingerer.

Mike you have my sympathies. I always thought people were exaggerating about just getting up or some other minor thing and their back 'goes'. Maybe a muscle spasm, but nothing else....and then it happened to me. Not something I would ever wish to repeat, so I really feel for you.

Had the annual trip to SiL's in Selsey for lunch, but via West London to pick up MiL. 203 miles later, it's great to be sitting indoors in the warm with a cuppa. I think my inlaws must be from eskimo descent. It was bloomin' freezing all the time we were there. They didn't notice or didn't realise how cold it was, so first job once we got home was to light the fire.

Just about thawing out now...

• RMweb Premium

As for nervous disposition, I can reliably tell you that slasher movies of any kind definitely are not my thing. I still well remember how, back in 1997, "Cube" left me seriously shaken when we saw it during a "sneak" performance where you were treated to a randomly selected film.

Edited by 1216 025

On films;-I watch to entertained, on comedy;- i want to be amused, on swearing ;- I have a stock of words to use when the scaple takes a short cut through my finger

I dont find it funny or entertaining and I dont need to hear it in the street.

It is strange (I was goin to say funny but it aint!) how the simplest things damage the back and how some people find it amusing no accounting for humour!

Laurence

Edited by laurenceb
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Give it some warmth instead Mike if you can't bend enough to get in the bath or shower then use a hairdrier!

You would think 'warmth' wouldn't you (as I had always done) but the chiropractor says use an icepack - and they actually sell suitable packs to put in the freezer and then apply, once you've wrapped them up in a towel or something similar to avoid an ice-burn (best avoided - I've got the tee shirt for one of those, big ouch). Warmth will relax the muscles but to treat it that is apparently not what you should do and an ice pack definitely relieves thinks odd tho' it sounds.

Anyway thanks folks for the sympathy and best wishes but alas I've a good idea the chiropractor will be having a bountiful week ahead - the only good thing I can say is that at least this time i wasn't bending over to pick up a nail (which is how it went the first time :blush: ).

• RMweb Gold
at least this time i wasn't bending over to pick up a nail (which is how it went the first time :blush: ).

That was the sort of thing that caused my father's back to "go" but the original cause was somewhat more violent.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Hope you're feeling better by now, Mike - I also had something like that many years ago after some major bit of work in the garden.

Windy and at least partially sunny outside, which I hope will bode well for our return trip today. Forecast predicts up to 18° tomorrow, but it looks like it'll be highly unsteady over the next several days.

Enjoy your day, guys...

Well I'll help you out with another towards the 1,000....Morning all.

Somewhat yawny this morning as I sat watching The Masters until 12.40 last night. Rivetting stuff and hard luck on Oosthuizen. Some really great golf, but how on earth Watson got out of the trees and onto the green to win, I'll shall never know. Shot of the whole tournament.

Hello all,

Day four of the Easter long weekend, so still a public holiday, here now known as "Family day".

The heavy rain of yesterday has largely cleared, though still cloudy and cool (19C) though to me it feels colder.

I had one (2cm diameter) Easter egg yesterday. I meant to measure my blood sugar this morning but forgot. It must be done on a empty stomach, so it's too late now.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Early drizzle has now turned to rain. Robbie has had a run round the garden and seems fine this morning.

I really don't know what we are doing today.

Tony

Morning all, yipee............I got a day off today (well it is public holiday) . Yesterdays shut down works went to plan, even though we were an hour late starting, we were still finished in the allotted time span.

No chocolate eggs for me though. (grump) . Glad to hear that Robbie seem to be improving. Every sympathy will the back pains, "been-there-done-that, got the T-shirt",

Now to attack the weeks reports, and try to get some semblance of order to my home office desk.

Enjoy your day,

Trev

Morning all. I'm a bit bleary-eyed too for the same reason as Gordon. That shot out of the trees was unbelievable. Deserved to win for that shot alone! My eyes were very droopy at that point so I was hoping that it wouldn't go to an 8 hole play-off like Hazel Irvine was describing...

Was tempted to buy a crimping tool set in B&Q yesterday after the discussions on ET but resisted so far. Might well cave soon as I really should do some modelling and that would help for the electrics. If only I could understand point, motor and DCC accessory module wiring! I'm too afraid of blowing things up to wire them up myself just now!

Think today will include a run and a trip to the office to begin tidying up in preparation for my new job. I have 6.5 years of accumulated clutter from this post to sort out... and only 3 working days in which to do it!

Mike, I don't have all the answers, but will try and help if you get stuck or are unsure what to do. Crimping can be easily done badly and a bit more care is required on the wire size/terminal size and crimp tools used. Maybe years of working in the connector business have made me over cautious, but to my mind things should be done properly where connectors are concerned. Any bodging is only going to lead to electrical issues long term.

• Like 1