The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Trying to find something to ignite the gas hob when the electricity has failed tends to be fun here. I can never find a box of matches when I need them. My piezo gas torch usually saves the day.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Been a bit off colour today, with quite a lot of stiffness and pain, and decided to have a very easy day. Didn't even bother to fire up the computer until now.

Gordon - you have to retune when the analogue signal goes off, as they reallocate some of the stations to different channels and also they boost the digital signal to a level which could not be used earlier as it would have caused inerference with the old analogue signal. If you don't retune, you'll find that you've lost about a quarter of the stations that you normally get.

Somehow, Lancaster's micro climate has managed to avoid the snow again, though it appeared North, East and South of us. It's now bright and suny with only one okta visible, but with about 30mph winds. I agree that snow in April is not that unusual - I recall often having snow around Easter, both down South and in Scotland. What was a bit odd was the quick change from near summer conditions back to winter weather over such a quick period.

I'm off to have a look around

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Somehow, Lancaster's micro climate ...

Benfleet seems to also benefit from local climate effects though at the moment the early appearance of mosquitoes is more of a feature than a benefit.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

WLAN appears to be acting up at the moment, so I'm on my iPhone right now, and would like to introduce you to little Charlie:

mobile.18nouwf.jpg

He's about nine weeks old now. He still sleeps a lot, and snores when he does!

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

That describes me perfectly....

.....apart from the nine weeks old bit.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is he called Charlie in honour of the world's most famous beagle owner?

Not that I'm aware of, but the thought did cross my mind. I believe one of his brothers was called Chester, though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

When we first brought Robbie home we were rather concerned as the how to look after your puppy book we had suggested that he would sleep a lot and would not be able to cope with too much running about or walking once he was inoculated. He is far more likely now he is nearly 8 to sleep in the day than he ever was as a puppy.

• Like 1

....and one for Debs - who'd be a sailor?

http://www.youtube.c...p?v=T4FIS1FnOQg

Pass the Kwells. :bo_mini:

Evening all!

WLAN appears to be acting up at the moment, so I'm on my iPhone right now, and would like to introduce you to little Charlie:

mobile.18nouwf.jpg

Very cute!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Rather dreich outdoors, so I can well understand why Charlie didn't want to go outside for more than just a few minutes. He's still too small for any walks longer than this street in any case.

Not sure what we'll be doing today, but I'm sure Charlie will be having some ideas! :lol:

• Like 1

Morning All,

It has let to get light properly - and looks grey this morning! Yuk!

Thankfully, Thursday is this weeks Friday - if you know what I mean.

Pleased to meet you Charlie.

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all! Woken by pigeons cooing Love Machine by Girls Aloud outside my window.

Looks like a cool but bright day in prospect.

Enjoyed climbing last night, had 2 friends with me, hands are a little sore today!

Will make an early start at work and if I'm really lucky might even get an early finish for the weekend too.

Morning all,

Looks like today will be less warm, (I hope!) .Tomorrow will be a normal working day for us, but will have Monday off (well I do have to work on Sunday)

Welcome to Charlie, I'm sure there's good times ahead.

Trev

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to Charlie, I'm sure there's good times ahead.

It does look like that, though the in-laws are telling me it did take some getting used to taking him for the first walk of the day (including the usual "relief") around 6 am! :laugh_mini:

Also, he seems to be quite in the mood for playing even in the early morning...

dsc07177l.jpg

His current favourite would appear to be a feather duster.

• Like 5

Morning all! Woken by pigeons cooing Love Machine by Girls Aloud outside my window.

If ever there was justification for shooting pigeons, that would be it. Come to think of it, that would be justification for shooting girls aloud. :sungum:

Cool, quiet, but windy morn here in the boring borough.

Cyber tech geek mode = on

For all you Mac owners out there that don't think virus and trojans can get to you, here's a reality check. A recent internal security note at work shows that while Macs represent around 12% of online personal and business computing, they are now accounting for nearly 30% of all Botnet activity. That means you are nearly 2 1/2 times more likely to be infected without knowing, than the rest of the world.

Here's a public article that shows just how fast the malware and trojan infection of macs is happening.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/04/05/mac-botnets-gaining-traction-using-drive-by-java-exploit/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=chetwisniewski&utm_campaign=naked%2Bsecurity

Surf safe, always put a condom on your floppy.

Cyber tech geek mode = off

Have a good one, and Hoppy Easter

Hello all,

Still lovely clear weather and rain still forecast for Saturday and Sunday.

We had some electricity blackouts a few weeks ago during the hot spells due to excess demand due to the use of air conditioners, however normal services have resumed. Will probably recur when it turns cold and electric heaters are turned on.

The world does stop turning!

I bulk buy my brandy supply, so closure of the off licence does not usually affect me.

Edited by DonBradley