The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Just remembered I forgot something I was meaning to write:

Tattooing on the other hand isn't something I subscribe to. I can't really see the attraction.

Well, you do have two hands to choose from, have you not?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mike's horizontal snow has reached Durham.

It's neither yellow nor white but a sort of pre-prepared slushy brown.

It amazes me how surprised the people on tv and radio sound.

This weather is not unusual.

Last week's was.

• Like 2

Guest Max Stafford

Even last week's wasn't. I can remember a few weeks in March/April like that.

I'm sure we're getting rumbles of thunder among the snow flurries this afternoon. They've now arrived after a wet start. Not lying though.

Dave.

Still more snow flurries this afternoon and we're expecting more this evening. None lying in Edinburgh but East Lomond hill (nowhere near Loch Lomond, that's just to confuse tourists) over in Fife is white over (when visible, which is intermittent).

My Dad, aged 69, has just got a Blackberry. (and no, not the small squishy fruit) Mum threatened to kill him the first night after he'd set up email on it as it woke her several times with emails coming through during the night.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It just seems free.....you`ll end up paying; 'one way or another' :P

Actually Matthew paid for it! I arrived in time for my appointment and realised I'd left my wallet at home. Fortunately Matthew was able to pay by phone using his debit card for me. I was able to save him a trip to the cash machine for his trip out this evening as once he found my wallet I told him to take what he needed. I think I still owe him the balance as what he took for an evening listening to a politician in Ockendon didn't seem to deplete my wallet much!

Car passed MoT. Warning that front disc pads might not last another year, not surprised, I think they are original parts.

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My Dad, aged 69, has just got a Blackberry. (and no, not the small squishy fruit) Mum threatened to kill him the first night after he'd set up email on it as it woke her several times with emails coming through during the night.

I assume he has configured his email sounds now or at least found the vibrate only option!

• RMweb Premium

I assume he has configured his email sounds now or at least found the vibrate only option!

I have always preferred setting the mobile phones I had over the years to vibrate only, and have stuck with the habit for the iPhone I now have. If I do activate sounds, it's only when I'm at home and during the day. I never liked being sort of "controlled" by phones, which I guess will be the ulterior reason for it.

• RMweb Gold

Even last week's wasn't. I can remember a few weeks in March/April like that.

I'm sure we're getting rumbles of thunder among the snow flurries this afternoon. They've now arrived after a wet start. Not lying though.

Dave.

Every year a group of us go on a 'walking' weekend in the Lakes. We used to go at the end of March. We have stood on fell tops in shirt sleeves some years and in blizzards in others. One year we didn't even try for the high tops because of the conditions. Another year sun block was the order of the day.

Cargo ship full of rocks stuck on rocks at Llandulas tonight.

A55 closed for a helicopter pad.

No reports of injuries.

TV says waves were breaking as high as the rescue helicopters.

Latest is: 5 crew lifted-off.....2 + winchman; still aboard, awaiting 2nd. helo. after 1st helo.`s winch failed.

She`s well a`ground; fully beam-on to the concrete rip-rap groynes. :O

Guest Max Stafford

It's not those Russian blokes again, is it?

On the subject of ringtones. I selected the bell sound for messages and emails. Sounds just like a block bell, which is why I picked it. I wish I could get an ambient soundtrack of signal box sounds; I find them strangely comforting!

Dave.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Hazy outside and the air pressure's low, which might explain why I felt a tad wrung out last night. After breakfast, I think I'd better finish packing bags for our Easter trip.

On the subject of ringtones. I selected the bell sound for messages and emails. Sounds just like a block bell, which is why I picked it. I wish I could get an ambient soundtrack of signal box sounds; I find them strangely comforting!

Did you notice the steam loco whistle? :D It also is easy enough to create your own ringtones, as I found out recently.

Morning All,

It is quite mild here this morning. Around 10°C, but it feels colder due to the wind.

It must have been a pretty rough night over in the UK then, to drive a ship aground. We had storms forecast, but nothing transpired.

Right - off for a cup of tea!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Quite mild here and rather damp outside. Pink recycling bags and waste food (not a lot) have been put out.

Today's task is searching the loft for baby stuff. Somewhere up there is a nice wooden cot and Aditi's brother is going to let us know if it is suitable for use by our nephew / niece.{due July).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Yes Don, I am pottering here and there. Cobbling together lights at the moment and laying the concrete base for the shed. Will try and take some pictures later (mustn't mix them up with the wedding photos).

On the subject of bins.

A new recyclables bin arrived yesterday (black with a blue lid since you asked). Everything that used to go in the box and bags we have now goes in here. We asked about the old bags/box.

"We don't want the back, chuck 'em. Grow potatoes in them, whatever"

"Aren't they recyclable?"

"No"