The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Clevedon's beach wasn't that "child friendly" so we used to go to some place called Brean which was near Burnham on Sea for the seaside. Memories of that beach include getting a lot of sand in my eyes (frequently) and Mum (once) locking the boot key inside the boot. I can still remember Dad walking up and down the beach looking for someone else with the same Ford Anglia to borrow their key so we could pack away the picnic hamper, windbreak etc

I think Clevedons beach is a bit like some parts of Burnhams , more mud than sand .

Well Brean is still near Burnham , definitely a nice sandy beach too , so you would still suffer sandy sarnies ,

but the road down through Brean now resembles Blackpools golden mile , very commercial .

It still attracts holiday makers in their thousands every year , loads of caravan sites and camping sites all the

way to Brean Down . You should do a google maps arial view for the full effect .

Edited by Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Gold
Had to travel into town to be measured up for the July jamboree.

Oh dear.

A while ago I promised to 'do' the photos at a wedding as a favour. I did one a few years ago and promised myself never again, but somehow got conned/roped in. It's next Saturday and I hadn't given it much thought until earlier today. Now I'm beginning to fret a bit.

I guess by next Friday it will be full squeaky bum time.

• RMweb Gold

I just looked grey and plump in mine..... :rolleyes:

My sister in law is about 26 weeks pregnant. All the older males at yesterday's family tea had much bigger tummy bumps!

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, good that you are back in one piece Stewart. Not alot of excitement here an excess of squirrel errors this morning followed by a marathon shopping session DD1, DD2 + Mrs B took 4 hours out of my life but the prom outfit is now complete.

I sometimes mistake it for the Report button.

:blush: That one might`ve got me in trouble: it was several mornings before I twigged that "report" didn`t mean "present/on parade". :bye:

Edited by Debs.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

:blush: That one might`ve got me in trouble: it was several mornings before I twigged that "report" didn`t mean "present/on parade". :bye:

How about anyone creating a marching smiley? :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Max Stafford

The most dangerous person I ever knew became a health and safety rep for his union. I'd been trying to track him down for many years after losing contact. I only found out about his transformation to H&S person when I found his obituary online recently.

I wonder if there was any connection between the latter two items...

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if there was any connection between the latter two items...

Dave.

He was certainly well qualified for H&S if learning from experience was required. I don't think he was the sort of person that would have banned a donkey walking through a town (see PhilH's H&S thread). However it was liver disease through alcohol intake that did for him in the end. He always was a very sociable drinker.

• RMweb Premium

Morning troops...

Quite sunny but nippy as I'm typing this, and the forecast predicts the weather to continue being unsteady. Yee-haw...

I think some tidying up will be called for first thing today.

Cheers everyone, whatever you're up to...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Now that I am off for two weeks the weather has taken a nose dive.

This is to be expected as I had planned to get my bike out.

Perhaps some modelling will actually happen.

Morning all,

Glad to hear that Stewart's back and on the mend, well thats another month gone, Well looks like my trip home (to a village near Clevedon) for Easter has been put on hold. Anyway why would I want to go to the UK with the weather forecast as it is?

Enjoy your week.

Trev

Morning All,

The weather seems to have improved again - but it is rather on the cold side. 0°C as I drove to work.

Saturday was a write-off weather wise. Still, it didn't rain which meant that I could do some work in the garden. I had two old steel gates which were rusted shut, and these have been replaced by a nice new set of wooden gates. The steel gates were built to last, but the bottoms were rotting out severely. When I finally got them off (with the help of an angle grinder) and they were placed in the back garden for disposal a huge amount of rust and detritis dropped out of the bottom. It looks like a mouse or other rodent had built a nest in one of the gates as a large number of nut shells also dropped out.

All in all, I am quite pleased with the outcome. The new gates are made of impregnated timber, but still need painting with woodstain. Plus, I need to dispose of the old gates - there's never a scrappy around when you need one!

Have a good day everyone...

We had a drop of rain over the weekend but the forecast is showing that big orange thing in the sky for the whole week ahead, rather nice.

We'/re a little behind on total rain but the reservoirs are way ahead of the game due to all the stuff we got last Autumn from Hurricane Irene onward.

Watched the new "Great Expectations" last night. Quite impressed, though it seemed more "violent" than I remember. Gillian Anderson looked like Madonna to me with OCD.

Best, Pete.

Morning all! Didn't get chance to post yesterday. Kept trying to catch up but the little tyke kept me busy every time I started looking at the thread!

Stewart, good to hear you're back on your feet and that it was only the admissions and discharge that got screwed up, not the op!

Trev, sorry to hear you're not getting your break but looks like it would have been the wrong week in any case!

The variable message signs on the M8 last night were displaying "Snow forecast Monday" - none yet though the fine weather has definitely broken, there are raindrops on my window. I do remember it snowing once in Durham in June, probably during the 80s or early 90s... Didn't last or settle for long though!

Got through a vast list of chores over the last week. Still got a fair few to do but the flat is looking (generally) far tidier as a result. Need to take a few boxes of CDs etc down to my parents' for loft storage next week to clear some space.

Have a good Monday, all, if possible. I'm back to the office in an hour's time after my week off. Two (shortened) weeks left in this post...