The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

What have you precisioned so far today, Debs?

Car`s done........clean-oil and air/oil/fuel filters-changed and I also blew some wind in the tyres. :dancer:

2 hours of dog-training with my gang and an order of Specialty Gauge Products S7 gauges packaged-up and posted.......I`m somewhat feeling my age now...... :blush:

I`ll revive when supper time approaches: it`s a cheesy, potato, and onion bake with chorizo-sausage...... :tender:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Now that you mention it, we also need to figure something out for dinner... ;)

This is how my pair of 189s looks with 90% of the work to be done complete:

dsc07161t.jpg

The rear loco has been relettered as 189 038, with the one in front being 189 044. What I still need to figure out is how to fabricate those vertical stiffening pockets on the right-hand sides of the knuckle couplers.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

"vertical stiffening pockets on the right-hand sides of the knuckle couplers"

Steady on.

Now, you didn't expect me not to ask what you may have had in mind when you wrote that, did you? :P

• RMweb Premium

I`ll revive when supper time approaches: it`s a cheesy, potato, and onion bake with chorizo-sausage...... :tender:

Ah, Spanish omelette? :) We had one a couple of days ago. It'll be salad with tuna for us tonight, though.

Car checked out okay as well, with only the usual bits and pieces having been replaced.

• RMweb Gold

I suppose I'll have to do something (but not today) with the chorizo sausage in the fridge. It isn't very much past its use by date. Tonight though I have to finish the too hot goulash while Aditi gets to finish the too bland salmon quiche we took to Enfield on Mothers' Day.

• RMweb Gold

For years I didn't like cabbage, probably due the way it was prepared at school (and at home when I was a child as well to be honest). I'm not sure I've ever had it as a roll, apart from the time we tried something Greek and wrapped whatever was inside in cabbage instead of vine leaves. It was a long time ago though. I'm sure vine leaves would be available in supermarkets now. When we first lived in Essex it was impossible to get an aubergine except in an Indian shop in Westcliff.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello! Sorry guys, I know it's been a while...

Had my maths exam today and got 74% which I am really pleased with considering last time I got 26%!

Currently sipping a good cup of tea whilst editing some videos (not railway themed unfortunately).

Had many late nights this last 2 weeks which has left me rather knackered! Right I'm off to finish editing those videos...

• RMweb Gold

For years I didn't like cabbage, probably due the way it was prepared at school (and at home when I was a child as well to be honest). I'm not sure I've ever had it as a roll, apart from the time we tried something Greek and wrapped whatever was inside in cabbage instead of vine leaves. It was a long time ago though. I'm sure vine leaves would be available in supermarkets now. When we first lived in Essex it was impossible to get an aubergine except in an Indian shop in Westcliff.

Aubergines are very easy to grow - as easy as tomatoes and liking very similar conditions (and hence the fact that we have in store considerable quantities of home produced ratatouille).

• RMweb Gold

We usually grow courgettes and buy aubergines, FiL used to grow aubergines in Nottingham but in his greenhouses. Any outdoor crops he grew had to be protected by underground fences to deter the nightly assault by badgers. I think he quite liked the badgers and probably didn't mind sharing some vegetables.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Well done, Jam! I found out I passed all exams I wrote this term as well.

I was meaning to sleep in a bit longer today, but it would seem my internal chronometer cannot differentiate between work days and the rest. Oh well...

Morning all, so it's 'Hump' day again. I'm another who cant bear the thought of contact lenses, so stick to proper glasses...Hopefully the a/c on the car will get fixed today, it's not fun sitting in traffic jams (aka 'Go-slows') for hours in 40c temperatures......

Well enjoy your day all, and congrats on the exam results by-the-way.

Trev

• Like 1

CONGRATS Jam. WELL DONE!

Hello folks. Getting cooler. 25C today and rather cloudy. It looks like about 7 Oktas today but will probably clear later.

Happy hump day all.

Trev, have you waited all these months without A/C in you car? Or is this another car and a new problem.

Morning all. :bye:

Attending a funeral today, though mercifully, nobody "close": just supporting a fellow-member and representing our 'meeting'.

It`s one of those woodland-setting (eco.) services; I haven`t been to one of those before.....not sure what to expect.

Debs.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I was up at 5 this morning but only long enough to find some paracetamol!

Back to "normal" now and lots of recycling stuff to put out.

Jam, well done.

Dom, well done.

Debs, I do hope the funeral goes smoothly. I haven't been to one of the kind you mentioned either.

Pete, I noticed the Wilko item on the website but haven't read it yet. I shall have to, as one of Aditi's cousins wants me to take him round all the Canvey / Southend places where Dr Feelgood performed!

• Like 2