The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning!

Windy and some snow in the air over here, as Robert mentioned - but not as extreme as the forecast predicted yet.

Funny bit of news from today: A certain electronics store chain which likes to advertise with the slogan "I'm not stupid!" has been running a campaign where every day all purchases over 200 EUR and with the bill ending in one digit from 0 to 9 are given out for free. However, several customers thus just bought the same item ten times so that they would get one for free anyway, and then just returned the other nine items - much to the exasperation of the stores. Many stores have thus taken to granting only gift certificates in exchange for returned items, rather than paying back the actual money.

A certain electronics store chain

I missed that one! I wonder which store that could possibly be?!? :unsure:

Ich bin doch nicht Bloed :icon_lol:

(Edited because RMWeb seems to have a problem with Umlauten!)

A friend struggled 40 miles through the ice and snow yesterday to collect a small part for his washing machine.

He had ordered it and was informed that it had arrived in stock and was ready to be collected.

It hadn't and wasn't.

He was displeased.

The store shall remain nameless but a clue might be that it is called after the preferred foodstuff of the Indian sub-continent.

Morning All,

We had another fall of snow overnight and so it is really looking like a Winter wonderland outside. I was up early clearing my bit of pavement.

I'm off into town later on, so hopefully the roads are reasonably clear.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning :icon_yawn: ...

Another (hopefully) calm winter Sunday beckons... Don't think there will be anything spectacular going on today. I do hope, however, that I'll be able to seal a deal on a new computer next week! :D

Morning all!

Felt like I shouldn't have got out of bed yesterday... One lightbulb blew, taking out the lighting ring fuse, it was snowing so nearly pitch black inside trying to change the fuse! Then got to the car and discovered that when I'd hit a Glasgow pothole on Friday, I'd damaged a wheel and now had a slow leak where the rim was twisted... Wonder if I can send Glasgow Council a bill for a new wheel?

Still half dark here, but no fresh snow overnight.

Have a good Sunday, all.

Sorry to hear that your break wasn't very pleasant, Mow.

I think the Redwings, Mistlethrushes, Fieldfares have either been late in arriving or are scarce this year, Gordon.

If you didn't already know, they like ripe fruit.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

We have had some snow overnight but so far it isn't as bad as was predicted. I'll trek down to the bird feeders and top them up. I thought that if birds actually resorted to cotoneaster berries it was a sigh of a hard winter. They (and squirrels) have not eaten the fruit off our crab apple tree though.

DD, St Clamber's hearse would have to be a stretch Volvo to be modern round here (or horse drawn which some people seem to favour)

Tony