The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I've returned from the garage having carefully stored the winter tyres. I forgot to take a book to read so sat at the tyre place watching morning television. I found myself becoming "grumpy"!

Dusting and polishing stuff downstairs almost complete now so a walk with Robbie should be next even if it has started pouring with rain. He has been very patient today. He was really irritating last night, I think he objects to us sitting down and watching a film. Until recently this was quite a rare occurrence! When I say irritating, it is amusing really when he uses whatever logic a spaniel has to try to attract more attention.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Late on parade again, due to having an enforced supermarket trip as 30747 wants to stock up before I go into hospital, as I'll not be able get there for a few weeks after the surgery , so now all the food cupboards and the freezer are bursting at the seams. The good (bad?) news is that I managed to visit Richard's without getting my wallet out - though I must say that I was sorely tempted by a Heljan railbus, but I managed not to succumb.

Nice to see Debs has stayed with the drivel-fest forum of educated and erudite discussion that it ERs - I wonder how how long we can keep up being nice?

Great news about the job Mike - I hope that it all works out for you.

I had hoped that by now we'd be thinking about putting the stove away, but instead I've had to get more coal and logs this morning. 30747 has said that it WILL be put to bed by the end of March. She is a little like a Civil Service buildings officer in that regard - heating can only go on in mid-October off by 1st April - regardless of outside temperatures and conditions.

Anyway the lovely curry smell from the kitchen tells me that the Indian Feast meal deal that we bought is nearly ready, so...

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I somehow got a feeling like I might expect a migraine some time soon as I've been feeling rather grumpy for most of this afternoon. I did try some loco modding, but it turned out to be too windy for any airbrush work. Perhaps I should try to catch a nap and see if this helps...

Anyway the lovely curry smell from the kitchen tells me that the Indian Feast meal deal that we bought is nearly ready, so...

It`s a 'Ruby' for we here at Collie Towers this evening........but hopefully it wont be a dodgy-ticker! :laugh:

Guest Max Stafford

I've opted for the beef at tonight's dinner.

I got up about 12 and I've been zipping about cleaning the place and doing the laundry. I'm staggered by the amount of fluff, dust and general crap that one man, dog and cat can generate in a short space of time. I really need a new bed too. Not only is it worn out, but the underside of the divan style is the worst accumulator of the above-mentioned nastiness and I intend to replace it with an open frame as my bedroom is rather small and the bed takes up most of the space, thus inhibiting movement for cleaning purposes.

Anyway, lost of spring cleaning as you see. Now, as Molly the cat was sleeping in the conservatory and I wanted to hoover the lounge, I shut the old patio door over. It used to lead into the garden before I had the conservatory (doghouse) built. Ten minutes later, I took some laundry out the machine to hang out and walked through towards the garden, forgetting I'd closed the glass patio door...d'oh!

Dave.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Our house smells quite nice at the moment with all the baking of cakes for tomorrow. As well as the profiteroles I think a cherry cake may appear as I've just been sent out (successfully) for glacé cherries. I don't think we have decided what to eat tonight, it won't be curry though. Not that I have a problem with curry but most of the ones we do require something soaking overnight.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

forgetting I'd closed the glass patio door...d'oh!

Dave.

I've done that but not at home, last time was at the Renault garage, very clean glass doors, and an auto opener that must have not recognised me as being alive or warm or whatever they detect. Our patio doors usually have a visible bird strike on the glass to attract ones attention.

Thought you might have nicked that on first half performance BoD, but as they say it's a game of two halves. Congrats to Wales on their victory. They really deserved it.

In between all that I've been beavering away. Made two new points yesterday and another two today. Suddenly Peco seems quite appealing. Add to that a problem with lack of space for Tortoise motors and it's been an uphill battle. I had to order some remote mounts for the Tortoises and they look promising even though they could be an engineering nightmare to install with operating wires inside PTFE tubing and a mass of cranks and linkages.

I'm leaving it for today as Stella is calling me....

• RMweb Premium

Still feeling rather wrung out and sensitive to pretty much anything, so I guess my earlier suspicion will most likely have been correct. I guess I'd better go back to bed early - hmph.

• RMweb Gold

Somehow at the same time as all the baking Aditi managed to prepare a goulash. She used the same recipe ( Delia's) I do but I normally use half the paprika suggested as Aditi doesn't like hot spicy food. Let us say my wife's definition of "rounded" in tablespoon quantities lead to us eating a dinner that would make most English curries mild in comparison.

Tony

Thanks again, all for the congrats. Been a busy day an just caught up with the thread.

Mum and Dad were up today to visit and we went out for lunch into the country to a hotel just outside Strathblane.

Don't think I'll stay awake for watching the F1 quali rerun on Sky, it's at about 1am. I don't have Sky but Paula does. I'm almost dozing off now watching FP2.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

I think catching as much sleep as I could both yesterday and over night helped a lot, though I may well choose to have another nap today in order to sufficiently regenerate. Migraine's not something I enjoy having at all...

As it was too windy for me to do any airbrush work outside yesterday, I shall see whether I might be able to do anything today.

Cheers everyone!

Gt back from Church and it's taken half an hour to catch up with yesterdays posts. A very busy Saturday but a very slow Sunday so far!

i definitely approve of DD's suggested change of Avatar. Does Mrs. DD concur?

I spent half an hour yesterday going around the 7 1/2inch gauge garden railway in Deb's post. Am absolutely GREEN with envy/

Really nice and cool today - 26C

I only saw a few minutes of F1 qualifying beforw leaving for Church so missed the final grid positions. I've left the TV on Sky hoping to hear them at some time on the news

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

No idea about temperature but it looks quite a pleasant day. Rain is forecast but we won't be doing any gardening today. Breakfast. walk with doggy and then drive round M25 to Enfield.

• Like 1

I spent half an hour yesterday going around the 7 1/2inch gauge garden railway in Deb's post. Am absolutely GREEN with envy/

This is the tram/trolley you rode, Don......"Clang, Clang, Clang" she went!

New projects on-shed ("Stokeham Hall"):

"Goliath" visits:

• Like 7