The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I was in between berets at the time.....

Looks like there's an awful lot of top air going into that firebox, somebody doesn't like the boilersmith?

Flaps up when it's working, no problem, and it was only on about 23% so not working that hard..

Edited by PhilH
  • Like 1

Morning All,

A slightly misty morning here. It also looks like it is going to be another busy day.

The choke knob lock failing on Mini's was a common fault. The clothes peg trick is a well known one! I don't have that problem with mine - it's automatic choke!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 1

Hello all

it's Friday again. Where doe time go?

Saw the surgeon yesterday ad he doesn't need to see me agin until/unless circumstances change. i.e. I get my 'diabetic shoe'

The shoe man happened to phone yesterday cancelling my appointment for 20th as shoe will not be ready.

Cooler weather, 24/22C but still lovely!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Weather is somewhere between misty and overcast. I don't think it will be as warm as yesterday.

Dd, is there a splendid prize for the fastest ball to the sea?

Tony

"How do you know whose balls are whose?"

They all have little radio collars, a homing function and tiny biometric identity pads.

Of course, for the less technical, we could just use the numbers on them.

Debs/Wonderwoman: Just been looking at the "Doggies' Day Out" in your profile.

That train driver bears some resemblance to our Phil.

Those 12"-1 foot aircraft that you make - what are they called?

Do you have footage of that 5" tank doing its stuff?

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Debs what a lovely garden railway you've got there - very reminiscent of my friend Mike's railway at Littledale near Lancaster (Littledale Light Railway) - as you're sort of local, you might even know of that line. How long is your run?

Quite a nice day so far, and there is some sunshine, so hopefully a decent weekend in prospect and for once I've got the whole weekend off to have a play with the new CD machine and to get to know my music collection again.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Robbie has never been on a train but perhaps we will be able to remedy that when we go up to the Lake District later this year. We will be driving there but I'm sure there will be railways to visit. Or of course we could go to the coast and see if any of Dd's competition balls are passing by (as it will be that week we are away)

• Like 1

Looked at your gauges. Do you machine them yourself? If so, I'll let the guys at the 00-SF group know as they were looking for suppliers in the UK a while ago.

Yes Gordon, I precision-machine them all, myself.......with monies donated to Dogs Trust (via Gift Aid)

...so, it`s a yes please on passing along info. to possible customers. :yes:

Edited by Debs.

Those 12"-1 foot aircraft that you make - what are they called?

That`s my LongEz (designed by Burt Rutan).......whom is now well-known as the designer of the Virgin Galactic vehicles: SpaceShip2 and Eve.......Burt has enjoyed an amazing career designing many quirky and unique aircraft; and I have had the privilege of working on many of his designs during my professional, aeronautical-engineering career.

The LongEz is handmade (mostly) using composite materials and has its 180 hp. engine at the rear and its tail at the front (the so-called; 'Canard' = resembling a duck).......or rather: "Ass back`ards" as I like to say......fast, agile and lightweight it`s a "sports-car of the air".