The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I'm daft enough to still think how "clever" Robbie is at getting his blanket out of the cupboard and taking it to his basket at night. He doesn't put it away in the morning though, that seems to be my job.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

To be honest I'm not much better!

My brother is very, very tidy and organised. His USB lead collection is beautifully arranged.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Matching is something I'm not too good at advising on. It seems to be the same with curtains, some part of the pattern has to be exactly the same shade as say the carpet. I also fail on noticing that Navy Blue and black are different colours. Matthew has inherited his grandfathers very poor (not just red-green) colour vision so he is excused from "helping".

Tony

Fortunately Mrs Stationmaster is not a clothesoholic (but she does like handbags) so I don't get too much of this. However it does irritate me when called upon to assist in judging what goes with what etc that my 'well that doesn't look right/looks awful/I like it, why don't you?' is regarded as being less than helpful - if I'm not meant to be passing judgement why am I there?

• RMweb Gold

He certainly sounds like a suitable case for treatment. :gamer:

His "thoroughness" does have its advantages at times. I'm sure he probably also has the last working collection of Video2000 VCRs, enough tools to dismantle and analyse broken electronic devices and owns every cooking gadget ever sold. Since retiring he is enjoying being the pub "geek", sorting out other pub customers IT problems for beer (must be real ale though!).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Fortunately Mrs Stationmaster is not a clothesoholic (but she does like handbags) so I don't get too much of this. However it does irritate me when called upon to assist in judging what goes with what etc that my 'well that doesn't look right/looks awful/I like it, why don't you?' is regarded as being less than helpful - if I'm not meant to be passing judgement why am I there?

My wife likes to look smart and does like a nice handbag but when she finds one she tends to keep it until it falls apart. She does also have a big handbag/briefcase for work documents but has stopped being irritated when I refer to it as her shopping bag. When I have accompanied her on shopping trips it usually comes down to which of the two final items she likes the most. Apparently saying "Buy both" isn't helpful!

We had been looking for new lounge furniture for years and couldn't find any we both liked or were comfortable sitting on (I am about a foot taller than Aditi). When we did find some it must have been the easiest sale the salesman had ever made!

• RMweb Gold

The thought of buying a frock/dress/suit (I don't know the current PC term) to match the existing is treated with scorn.

I never had you down as a frock sort of person DD.

His "thoroughness" does have its advantages at times. I'm sure he probably also has the last working collection of Video2000 VCRs, enough tools to dismantle and analyse broken electronic devices and owns every cooking gadget ever sold. Since retiring he is enjoying being the pub "geek", sorting out other pub customers IT problems for beer (must be real ale though!).

I think my Dad still has a working Video 2000 VCR though it's not in current use.

Evening all. Been a long day, including a job interview, so I'm now feeling fairly shattered and ready for a quiet night in dozing in front of the telly. Though I really ought to tidy the stuff into the cupboard now I have all the right bits from Ikea, but just need to prise my backside off the couch first. Mind you, there've been a few posts on Eastwood Town, so might go read them first...

• RMweb Premium

However it does irritate me when called upon to assist in judging what goes with what etc that my 'well that doesn't look right/looks awful/I like it, why don't you?' is regarded as being less than helpful - if I'm not meant to be passing judgement why am I there?

Oh yeah, Mike, ask me how I know this kind of thing... :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think my Dad still has a working Video 2000 VCR though it's not in current use.

I wouldn't like anyone to think that my brother still uses the Video 2000! For day to day use I'm sure whatever he has in his man bunker (I don't think even the beloved cats are allowed in) is state of the art.

-ee, BoD. Thanks! One of a number of irons in the fire at the moment, so not too worried if this one doesn't come off, as it's actually my least favourite of the options. I was pleased to get an interview, though, as apparently there was a lot of interest in the job.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Quite nippy outside as the cars look like they're frosted over, but it does look like we're going to get some nice weather. No list as of yet, but I'm sure there'll yet be one.

Have a good one everyone!

Good morning all, I guess I've been lucky never to have been asked (often) about the female clothes thing, I always restricted my self to "that looks nice dear" ....................

Looks like another warm one here today over 40C in the shade on one of my projects yesterday (dont ask what it was in the shipping containers.....)

Enjoy your day

Trev.

Morning All,

It looks like we have Winter's last gasp this morning. I was quite surprised to find the temperature around 0°C and needed to scrape the frost off the car before I drove to work.

Oh well, onwards and upwards!

Have a good day everyone...

Plenty of hydration called for, Trev.

Now in the throws of 'helping' with the plans for village Jubilee lunch.

How difficult can it be?

Watch this space.

There is one group that is majoring in throwing table tennis balls into the river.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

It is foggy here this morning, though a sunny day is forecast.

Dd, is ping pong ball launching a traditional local event? I do hope your environmental risk evaluation advises on the bio-degradable nature of your balls.

Tony

I think it's a down-market version of the yellow duck fund raising effort.

One 'buys' a ping pong ball with a number on it.

The first one to reach the Irish Sea is the winner.

I believe that's how it works.

As the balls are hired, it shows some misplaced confidence that they are going to be able to return them!

"the bio-degradable nature of your balls."

It's SWMBO's pet project.

How the heck do they determine which one reaches the Irish Sea first (or did you mean the next bridge down stream)?

Old TT bals used to be cellulose, I think - which presumably is why you don't find vintage ones for sale....

Sorry, I'm feeling literal, this morning.

Best, Pete.