The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

No, you didn't miss anything, Pete. I just decided not to say too much as I went along as there were just so many variables. As this is just a storage/fiddle area with plain dead straight track, it's not that critical in terms of underlay. With 3mm underlay in other areas, it's easier to continue, so I'm just using 3mm cork tiles as a base.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The sun is shining on the Thames Valley (trust me to write that - it's now gone in!) and little else to report. Hopefully the leaking hot water tank will be replaced tomorrow - which if nothing else means the dining room will get a bit roomier and I need no longer bother with turning the water on & off several times a day. Back to the chiropractor tomorrow which hopefully should finally sort the neck/shoulder muscle damage although things are improving and the 'agony' stage is past (thank goodness).

"by the pricking of my thumbs Something Wicked this way comes..."

By gosh, Andrew was right! The marshmallows on the roof are holding off the charged particles!!!!!

Best, Pete.

PS Good luck with all your issues, Mike..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

It seems that some countries' press are reporting it as the end of the world and others are just ignoring it.

Interesting topic for Aditi's next thesis.

I'm not sure I'd like to suggest anything while she is trying to be more assertive. Matthew is studying quite a lot of satellite derived stuff this term. This term's project is about risk analysis using remote sensing satellites. So if any of you end up with a nuclear waste site in your back garden you may know who is responsible!

Edited by Tony_S

"by the pricking of my thumbs Something Wicked this way comes..."

By gosh, Andrew was right! The marshmallows on the roof are holding off the charged particles!!!!!

damn and blast. I wanted some nice toasted marshmallows. :O Seems they had the opposite effect.

Tony, somehow I can't quite picture Aditi kicking the door in of her boss's office with a .44 magnum in hand. "Go ahead, make my day" :triniti:

Edited by AndrewC

• RMweb Gold

Tony, somehow I can't quite picture Aditi kicking the door in of her boss's office with a .44 magnum in hand. "Go ahead, make my day" :triniti:

Probably not the manager's door. He felt she was being taken advantage of by being nice/cooperative by colleagues. She probably is too small to cope with a .44 magnum. Though the disapproving glare can be quite severe. Seriously she does get fed up with this attitude that to succeed in management that you have to be "nasty".

• RMweb Gold

This will do - having lunch break at a reservoir deep in the Hampshire countryside. Only sound is birdsong and for the first time this year I have the warm sun on my face.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

This will do - having lunch break at a reservoir deep in the Hampshire countryside. Only sound is birdsong and for the first time this year I have the warm sun on my face.

Moments like that are getting rarer but bring back farming times

• RMweb Gold

Really nice walk today! The park is quite damp and Robbie was running so quickly the water was thrown up behind him like one of those jet ski things. By the time he decided to rejoin me he was almost dry though, must be the solar wind effect.

• RMweb Gold

I dont think my electricity has gone or this computer has crashed just yet. I'll just check .......

......nope. Everyting seems just fi

• RMweb Gold

I'm just wondering if it is now safe to finish watching the Horizon documentary!

As it is quite warm out I think I shall venture out and do a little woodwork in the garage. With my skills that more likely to be a danger to me than solar flares.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I was hoping that there might be some Northern Lights following this flare up but it looks like it's clouding over.

Perhaps I should pop up to Old Aberdeen.

Edited by BoD

Evening all... busy day, sitting in a hotdesk area in another SG building after a conference. Waiting for a friend to go running with. Unfortunately it looks like it's clouded over so no chance of seeing the aurora unless it clears...

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Off another day, as I still felt a bit rough - and I had to start the day with a trip to the dentist, and just to be sure I went to the Docs in case there was something sinister - and of course, it's "a bug" but with my diabetes and impending surgery, I have to be a bit cautious. Back to work tomorrow, then. I was just walking in the door when the phone rang - it was my manager calling to enquire after my welfare make sure I was at home and not out skiving.

Well, the world is still turning, despite any prognostications to the contrary, and the new RMWeb seems the same as the old one. I see that Andy has locked the frothfest now.

I may not be here for the next couple of days, as I hope to get away straight from work and home on Sunday - I really need the change of scenery. A couple of nights away will certainly help.

I also managed to get a bit of better news as I was due to work on 7th July, and have just managed to swing a Saturday off - so Stafford, here I come - and I can christen my Senior Railcard, as I will have one by then. As senility approaches, I really must start to find out just what I can get cheap as an over-60 - I thought I'd get a bus pass, but I won't get that now til I'm 62, apparently, due to changes in the elegibility.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Evening, getting chilly now. I can't wait to retire, but some days at work are better than others. Being out and about all day every day a bit of sunshine helps lift things. Today was a beaut so lots of this:

post-6683-0-07795600-1331230313_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Congrats to Gordon, Eastwood is up above the gallery on the front page header thingy now. (It may have been before but I've just noticed it!)

Good grief Tony, that's a surprise. I'm just waiting for the wisecracks now.... :D

• RMweb Gold

Good grief Tony, that's a surprise. I'm just waiting for the wisecracks now.... :D

You mean things like "featured for services to the plywood industry"

I think it is up there as not only is it a rather attractive project, it is full of your helpful advice.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

working before 6 today for he first time in over a year, had to drive in to birmingham, normally do swaps so i can get in by train but wasn't quick enough today, up at 02:45, into brum for 4 and about to get in a taxi to tyseley to pick up my units, shock to the system!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Still another hour or so till sunrise and I'm just having breakfast to be ready for work. No plans for the weekend as of yet, but I'm sure we'll be able to come up with something.

Be back later then...