The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Last lap this morning. Just our bedroom floor to screw down and job done. 1000 screws, umpteen battery recharges and knackered knees. Happy days.

Can't get Evita out of my head after catching the film the other night.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, it is wet and miserable outside, I am quite dry inside despite the failed repair to the bathroom toilet by the landlord's contractor but just as miserable. A day examining my files to make sure management cannot find anything else wrong.

Thanks Pete for the Tornado weather explanation and the video.

Max, I love the Karoo in all it's various moods and guises.

I have spent countless holidays on various farms there and many long drives through it in all quarters of it's vastness.

We had rain overnight but it cleared in the early morning so it's now a lovely cool day

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Bit later on as our ISP appears to have had a problem over night, which but appears to be resolved by now. I think today will see us tidying up some and possibly going for a walk in the afternoon.

Cheers everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning(ish) all.

-1 C. here. It is snowing quite heavily and it is lying. Thankfully not on the roads athough that looks as that might be changing.

Must head for the hills and see if I can find some deep stuff to play in.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Just been out for a lovely walk - as usual 45156 felt the cold, and 30747 was saying how balmy it was - temperture was about plus 3 with an easterly wind so it felt like about minus 3. I doubt we'll ever agree on when it's cold. Started off with very heavy rain, which appears to have turned to wet snow on some of the hills, but by no means all - there was snow lying on one slope, and none on another with the same orientation, and at the same height. The lad who was due to come and wash the car didn't show up, though as it was chucking it down with rain when he was due to come, that's not surprising.

Plans for this afternoon include sitting doing as little as possible, though no doubt as I sit, I'll see jobs that need doing, and will make a start on them - it's the same every time I want to switch off! At least this week, I hope that I won't need to pull out any large pieces of furniture.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Similar weather here Stewart 3c on the car thermometer and out in the wind and rain more like -3c unfortunately Mrs B feels the cold much more than I do so we were not out of the car for long.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all (yawn)...

It would appear it is raining slightly at this ungodly hour. However, it is rather balmy at 6°C. I signed up for an assistant teaching post last week and will thus be back at school on Mondays and Fridays - hopefully for the remainder of my time at uni. Obviously, I'm quite excited and I hope all will be going well.

Cheers everyone...

• Like 1

Morning all,

Another day of container off-loading (6 out of 17 yesterday, and some one got the paper work wrong an we got one belonging to some one else.......discovered that while it was still on the truck!

Then just as we finished, the rains came ......

Oh well lets see what today brings?

Enjoy yours

Trev

Hi all.

I'm interested in Trev's experiences.

Not so long ago, sending anything to Nigeria was akin to setting it adrift in the Atlantic.

Sounds like things have improved a bit.

Is it still necessary to 'oil the wheels' a little?

Mucky day here.

Morning All,

The weather is filthy here this morning. Wet, cold and windy.

The weekend was good. It was a pretty quiet one - we did some jobs around the house and didn't do anything too stressful!

Have a good day everyone...