The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all,

No colds here, I do feel for those who are suffering though. Yes the Mother - Daughter thing - had message from ex-wife yesterday moaning about daughter, so 'phones (7 1/2month pregnant) daughter who moans about her Mother.................but I'm not going to act as go-between! I'll leave that to my son!

Well it's Friday again, so thats another week past,

Enjoy your days (as much as you can)

Trev..

• RMweb Premium

but for the first time this year I heard a little bit of bird song when I woke up. At last - the mornings are getting lighter!

I'm also hearing birdsong as I'm typing this, and have done so for the past few mornings, in fact. Not much of it yet, but it does look we're getting there, so to speak... :)

Morning all - was reminded that an exceedingly full stomach can, and often will, give you bad dreams. Now sat here with a cup of coffee and waiting for the remainder of the house to surface.

I don't think there'll be any model purchases during this stay as I'd like to concentrate on the French section once again, and none of the two model shops I know here have anything significant in the way of SNCF stuff. Oh well!

Hello all,

Am waiting for the carer to arrive to change the dressing on my foot. I expect her at any time between 8:00 and 8:30 and it is now 8:46. It shouldn't worry me but being meticulous about my own punctuality I get VERY impatient.

Another glorious day although the wind is stronger today, but the temperature is still mild at 26C

No colds, flu or other ailments, nor any Mother/daughter disagreements to upset the tranquility.

It's Friday! :P

It isn't only that they are complicated some of them seem to have complicated access to parts that should be accessible like headlamp bulbs.

Tony

dont mention bulbs!! we had a costomer trying to fit a bi xenon with the engine running and in the rain recently.........he got away with it...not sure how 125,000v its not to be played around with! and it was all our fault! never mind lads fridays here ! go some bits to do on fury,that will keep me out of mischeif !

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

Quite warm, dry and a gentle breeze here. The behaviour of the garden birds here would indicate that they think it is spring.

I wouldn't have minded any kind of dream last night, I was awake quite a lot with quite severe indigestion. Probably self inflicted, ate too quickly, too late!

Aditi is off to some meeting in Debden today but doesn't require a lift to the station as she will be driving there,

I never did the cleaning yesterday (watched cricket instead) so I suppose I should work up the enthusiasm for that at some time today.

Pete, hope the cold eases. I really dislike colds.

BoD, I've only been to Manchester once. It was raining then but I'm sure it will have stopped by now. Matthew is going to Manchester this weekend but will probably be in some conference venue rather than outdoors.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, the birds round here havent shut up all winter. Peace has now broken out so the eggshells can be removed and life goes on. The weather is dull but not raining. Saw a scooter/moped last night with an extra set of lights on start of another sixties revival?

• RMweb Gold

Morning all another grey one - but I'm feeling good. Last night of call out has come and gone, just the really annoying 15-30 to 20-00 bit to do now then free of it for another 4 weeks.

I'm going to an exhibition tomorrow then must try and get to grips and lay the Peco double slip I bought when I gave up on trying to make my home built one work reliably. Once I've done that I should be able to crack on and finish tracklaying for Bodge.

For anyone interested this weekend sees Tornado running on the Mid Hants - we've had the thing at Ropley for winter maintenance / tender repaint for a few months and this weekend is a bit of a shakedown for it before it goes on its travels again.

Have a good one.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Not looking overly bright out there despite the weatherman predicting otherwise. Been missing in action for a while as I seem to have been playing rather a lot of golf (eben wid a gold). I'm just off to play 18 this morning and that will be the 6th round in 7 days! Who said I'm obsessive?

Apparently it's Friday.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Mick. It depends if the scooter was a plastic 'twist and go' or a proper Vespa/Lambretta! Another set of mirrors and a fox tail and he's off!

Dave.

Somewhere on the North German Plain!

Weather awful here today. Rain (Snow to the north of us) followed by Wind to 45mph. In Gotham itself wind could reach 60mph in gusts.

Storm heading out into the Atlantic (North) sometime in the wee small hours tonight leaving just Wind until tomorrow afternoon.

Best, Pete.