The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the replies so far gents!

Mike, glad you like the bottle shape. And yes, we are with AOL! I have to say, they have not been a good ISP at all. We've had numerous issues with them in the past (I don't know why Dad doesn't switch ISP, but never mind!). We had internet problems a couple years back where we threatened to change to another ISP, as if by magic, suddenly our internet problems were instantly resolved. I think Mick might be right about it being a cost cutting measure to be honest. Either way, I'll see if I can find out if the problem is my end or their end...

Interestingly, we've had a lot of phone calls and other correspondence from BT recently who want us to switch to them!

Weather in these parts is also sunny, and actually quite warm (inside as I'm sat next to a window anyway!).

Just had my maths lecture (only two hours this week) and for once I could actually answer all the questions. Trust me, that never usually happens! It's all about mechanisms (cogs, gears, rack and pinions and gear trains). It's nice to not have to worry about not understanding something in a maths lecture.

• RMweb Premium

Jam, just in case your parents may end up considering moving away from AOL - I can also very much recommend cable. We've been on cable for several months now and I'm very pleased with speed and reliability. Of course, I cannot tell how good the offerings of British cable providers may be.

Thankfully, we were also given a rather good router with integrated cable modem. One of those we had when we were using DSL was rather cr*ppy and eventually replaced, so I'm well aware of what a decent router is really worth.

And while you're talking of sniffing and running noses...

I've just heard that I've got a place in this year's Great North Run. I'll be fundraising for the British Heart Foundation. I've got an initial target of £350 to make for them (or else I'll have to go round their HQ and wash their dishes for a year until I've made that target)...

Good luck with that, Mike.

I regret I'm all charitied out this month.

I've decided to fritter away my fortune on food and fuel.

Tesco have kindly given me a voucher for 10p a litre off petrol.

Unfortunately, the nearest Tesco petrol is a 36 mile round trip.

• RMweb Premium

I've decided to fritter away my fortune on food and fuel.

Tesco have kindly given me a voucher for 10p a litre off petrol.

Unfortunately, the nearest Tesco petrol is a 36 mile round trip.

But don't you have to spend £60-00 to qualify for that ??

No.

I got it as part of a deal with their electronics department.

We reached an agreement.

They replaced a kaput sat receiver with one that worked, they paid the difference of £40, gave me the voucher for petrol plus £10 shopping voucher and points on my Tesco card if I can find it and I didn't pull their arms and legs off.