The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Guest Max Stafford

I'm not surprised it slowed you down if it was going in reverse... ;-)

Dave.

Evening all, have returned from celebrating DD1's 21st birthday, patchy fog was the only problem, no back seat driving from the inlaws and only a Fiat with the strangest headlamp pattern I have ever seen slowed us down over the hills.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Just about -4° this morning and snow has been predicted to begin later today. Thankfully, it doesn't look like I'll have to do any long trips - meaning beyond the supermarket.

More news to follow as, and if, events unfold...cheers everyone! ;)

Good bright Monday morning all.

Slightly cloudy, but generally bright with a slight breeze which promises to become a wind and cool at 21C.

Another week closer to next Christmas (I know that will rile some)

BoD sais ......."Now what shall I do .."

You couldn't during the Summer holiday, then again over Christmas break, so on with the shunting layout..........

• RMweb Gold

You may be having a problem with your foot bu there's absolutely nothing wrong with your memory!!

I started on the loco depot again yesterday but ran out of one style of plasticard that I needed. A trip to the model shop is on the cards today. Then on with the modelling.

Morning All,

After a few days absence, I am back. The internet connection in Tutzing was a bit flaky, and I didn't get a chance to go online over the weekend.

Hopefully there won't be too much snow today. I've got an appointment at the dentist later on :biggrin_mini2:

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully there won't be too much snow today. I've got an appointment at the dentist later on :biggrin_mini2:

Should that not be "hopefully there will be tonnes upon tonnes of snow so that I shall not make it to my appointment at the dentist's"? :D

Guest Max Stafford

Like Stewart said. Just a normal, grey late winter's morning here. A little surreal, considering the cold and chaos elsewhere. I think it could be described as 'meteorologically bland'.

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Well the weekend started off well - got a lot of modelling done... and then suddenly it went downhill yesterday!

Could not find the effort to do anything at all. Strangely enough, my best friend also felt exactly the same.

Last night was quite stressful as I had to juggle several things - my coursemate who takes me into uni said our timetable has been messed up and they've moved everything around. Cue madness with me trying to sort out babysitting and organising lifts. After about 50mins or trying to sort it all out it was eventually decided that he couldn't be bothered to go to the first 9am lecture (which also means I can't) and then I found out babysitting is cancelled anyway. Eugh, what a nightmare.

Anyway, I've got to go in to hand in my bottle today, and also to go to a two hour lecture on something (what it is, I have no idea, but I know it's a computer lab session). Now to print off my submission form, have a shower and then just sand the edge to my bottle just to give it a better finish...

Morning all. Peace and quiet at last. Family have all departed. Love 'em all dearly, but it so nice to have our home back to ourselves.

Missed the BBC documentary last night on the train driver in the US, or was it SA?, so iPlayer and a coffee whilst Jack is out walking the dogs this morning.

Have a good Monday, one and all.

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Premium

I was going to say " Not S.A. They now teach our drivers on a six month course and that's it. Instant drivers, just add 'blank stare'!

Not much different over here, I'm afraid I have to say. Makes me wonder if the railways do prefer automata over thinking people after all... :mellow:

• RMweb Premium

Not much different over here, I'm afraid I have to say. Makes me wonder if the railways do prefer automata over thinking people after all... :mellow:

I was told once upon a time that BR took the bottom 10% of the list to make sure they didn't get too bored and challenge the 'Management' but he had to train them!

• RMweb Gold

At least here on the DLR you can sit in the front seat and pretend to be a driver.