The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Tony and I were just tweeting about music on Twitter and I thought I'd ask here... Songs that are similar or that you perhaps even sometimes mistake for others?

3 examples from me:

The Hollies - Air That I Breathe and Radiohead - Creep

U2 - One and A-ha - Angel in The Snow (Instrumental)

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Can Read My Mind and George Benson - The Greatest Love Of All

Sometimes it's snatches of similar tunes, basslines or lyrics... Anyone else got any?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

We're at -13° as I'm typing this, and while daytime temps are expected to rise over the next several days, nights will most likely remain rather cold. They also mentioned a possibility of snow for next week, if I'm not mistaken.

Nothing else to report as of yet, so - have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Did you see post #21203 with photo? I thought you might find it interesting....

Best, Pete.

Yes, I did - sorry for not mentioning it before. Guess I had my mind elsewhere when I typed my previous two postings... :mellow:

I bet those American double deckers are even larger than those we have here in this country...so there'd be no chance of running any of these over here either, even though our loading gauge is larger than the UK one.

Morning All,

my 'net went AWOL Sunday afternoon & came back earlier this morning, which meant I got a shed load of catch-up emails to do! (Not to mention whats been going on on here! .

Didnt mention that I actually saw passenger train here the other day, coach roofs & ends had lots extra passengers on........but of course no photo, sorry!

Enjoy your day (If you can), back later,

Trev.

Yes, I did - sorry for not mentioning it before. Guess I had my mind elsewhere when I typed my previous two postings... :mellow:

I bet those American double deckers are even larger than those we have here in this country...so there'd be no chance of running any of these over here either, even though our loading gauge is larger than the UK one.

That's OK; I was wondering about the "Euro" look of the locomotive, is it following trends in Europe? I know that the latest Voith is way more angular.....

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

I was wondering about the "Euro" look of the locomotive, is it following trends in Europe? I know that the latest Voith is way more angular.....

I don't think I could say this were a general trend. Neither the new Siemens Vectron family nor Bombardier's upcoming TRAXX 3 nor Alstom's PRIMA 2 are in any way angular.

Morning All,

My garden thermometer read -13.8°C this morning - this is slowly ceasing to be funny. The water in the bathroom pipes was close to freezing this morning (they are lagged, but run to the shower along the wall of a dormer) and all the paint has flaked off of my drive gates. Particularly irritating as I sanded the whole thing down and repainted it this summer. I used Hammerite too as I wanted it to last. :angry:

Traffic was heavy, and driving was stipid on the way to work - it seems the cold is affecting people's brains too!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Traffic was heavy, and driving was stipid on the way to work - it seems the cold is affecting people's brains too!

When I think about what I observed on the train yesterday and what a driver I know told me about his completely buggered shift, I'd have to expand that finding to rail passengers!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dry, clear and -1C here. I went out for long enough to fit a replacement wiper blade to the Clio.

Pete, the new Class 70 diesels here in the UK are quite angular (though they aren't really a European design!)

Guest dilbert

A very dry -8°c over here - with the wind chill it is effectively -15°c. Snow forecast tonight. Roll on spring... dilbert

edit BJH's 'Poor Man's Moody Blues' is an excellent pastiche of 'Nights in White Satin'

Edited by dilbert

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Tunes that are similar: Paganini's 24th Caprice for violin and Rachmaninov's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini

Gordon: when you have stopped the world let me know, I would like to get off too.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Still cold here, but not as cold as many others. Forecast is for "warmer" (ie just into positive numbers at night) weather towards the weekend.

These mornings, just getting up is an effort, and I am beginning to believe that Seasonal Wotsit Syndorome is real.

Anyway,

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Not sure about all this stopping the world business, wouldn't we all just fall off rather than getting off? In fact maybe it's the opposite and we would weigh more due to the absence of centrifugal effects.

Yesterdays plans all went awry as the golf course was closed due to the freezing and thawing over the last few days. Perhaps the world has ended! Not really much to complain about in my world as can be seen.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave