The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Dave. Big guess time? Does the Nokia have any software so that you can transfer the contacts etc to your PC into one of the windows mail programs?

If so, then the iPhone should be able to import them through iTunes if it behaves like other iThingies!

Hopefully somebody will know the proper way to do it.

I've got a Blackberry and all my phone stuff went over on the SIM (standard size) and the first time I connected it to my computer it found all my other contacts. I suppose the idiot-proofness is why my phone is favoured by management types!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

We're currently below -10° and it continues to be windy - not the most pleasant kind of weather for being outside... :wacko: I was feeling rather sorry for the PW crew whom I saw at work yesterday, checking some points or other - this kind of job cannot be much fun in this cold either. Anyway, I'll be off for my appointment later on, and at uni in the afternoon.

Cheers everyone...

Hmm,

well that fell on stony ground?

Looking "forward" to another scorcher here, picked some of my tools yesterday afternoon and nigh-on burnt my hand, pointed the heat gun at them recorded to wrong side of 45c!

Well enjoy your days guys (unless of course you're frozen in)

Trev.

Guest Max Stafford

4S now fully operational! I just added my contacts manually during the night. It's certainly a different experience from the old Nokia. I can't imagine it will be out of my hand much for the foreseeable!

Currently -7 here. I do love this weather provided I'm properly wrapped up. My week's work will be over in 40 minutes and after a wash, power nap and a light breakfast, I think I'll head up to Whitrope for my weekly run. I need to visit the barber's too for some maintenance to the sensible but stylish French crop!

No chalot jokes please, Dd! ;-)

Hope you're feeling a bit better today Mick and hopefully Don's bearing up in the Cape summer too!

Dave.

Da

Ho, ho Trev, I got it immediately! :P

At a very HAPPY median between your frozen North and Trev's burning Tropic.

Here a clear blue sky, very slight breeze and a max of 27C predicted.

Heard on the news of deaths from the cold in Poland and other Eastern European regions

I hope all is well where you are!

My funny has corrected itself and I got in normally today. Yesterday's problem must in fact have been a problem at Google South Africa

Mick, I really hope yesterday's 'normal degree of misery' can gradually convert to some degree of happiness.

Edited by DonBradley

Morning All,

Great heavens above - it's cold out there!

It is as clear as a bell, but the temperature is currently around -10°C. Now there's cold, and there's ridiculous!

Oh well - better get on. I've got a presentation to give this morning.

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all. The weather app on my 4S suggests it's -6 here in Edinburgh at the moment. Oh, I'm really looking forward to my slide to work in that...

Not feeling particularly rested this morning, I feel like if I slept till about 10am I'd feel a lot better... Hey ho, I'm awake now.

Morning Folks! Phone call at 6.45am and then looked out to find white stuff everywhere! Oh, dear! Off to Cambridge in the MX in a few minutes too, that'll be interesting. Still the new lady in my life suggests I might want to bring everything I might need in case we get snowed in.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, could be worse I suppose................................. :derisive:

Guest Max Stafford

The only thing I can't seem to do just now is connect with my WiFi. I can't remember the password and it doesn't seem to be any of the serial numbers under the router.

Scratching my head at the moment. :-)

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Actually, belay that. Checking on the PC, I found it was the only one of my range of passwords I hadn't used, thinking its use unlikely.

A lesson learned methinks!

Dave

• RMweb Gold

The only thing I can't seem to do just now is connect with my WiFi. I can't remember the password and it doesn't seem to be any of the serial numbers under the router.

Scratching my head at the moment. :-)

Dave

Was it pre configured and supplied by your broadband service?

If so it might be on the paperwork it all came with... A lonshot I know but worth a mention.

Otherwise its do a factory reset of the router but you will need all the settings to get it to connect with your broadband service provider!

Ian