The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I think the rooves are a bit ad hoc aren't they, Pete - especially in dry climates?

Probably boarded and corrugated nowadays.

Wooden shingles would not be out of place if not too regular in shape.

If an old building, probably external steps to a flat roof with a low wall and spouts for drainage.

"It was the Adobe structure bit I had to research. "

Think 'Alamo' - and the second battle of Adobe Walls (ruined buildings) where a dozen or two buffalo hunters held off 700 Indians with powerful single shot Sharps rifles and other weapons.

Edited by DDolfelin

• RMweb Premium

Oh boy. Initial weather forecast for next week predicts a Siberian cold front to swoop in from Thursday onwards, possibly sending temperatures down to -20°C. Time to stock up on rum and brandy wine, methinks!

The UK Met office have firmed up on cold from the East for the UK too, after last week announcing that their modelling was offering two effectively equal probability outcomes for mild/wet Southwesterlies or airflow from the East resulting in sub-zero conditions. Must relate to the jetstream position.

Doesn't explain why I woke up at 2:40am expecting daylight...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Could well have stayed in bed for a while longer, but alas, that was not to be. I'll be getting ready to leave in a few minutes, so will report back later when I'm at uni.

Cheers everyone!

Morning All,

As Dominik mentioned, it is supposed to get a lot colder later in the week - but at the moment the temperature is around freezing.

Snow was threatened, but hasn't materialised. However, I am not so unhappy about this!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Quite mild outside here in Surrey this morning at 05.00. Got up at 04.20, so been sitting in the conservatory doing a little bit more to an N scale bracket signal I started last night which will go on Banbury.

Shame I have to go to work otherwise could have finished that signal!!

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I found it to be quite chilly already, so I'm glad to be on board my train now. Thankfully, the car was not frozen over.

On another note - which of these two would you rather pick if you needed to decide?

http://www.bahnbilder.de/name/einzelbild/number/539686/kategorie/deutschland~unternehmen~mitteldeutschen-eisenbahngesellschaft-meg.html

http://www.bahnbilder.de/name/einzelbild/number/570666/kategorie/oesterreich~strecken~brennerbahn.html

Edited to say I'm sorry to hear your troubles do not appear to end, Mick. I'm not sure if I can offer anything aside from sympathies, sadly.

Edited by 1216 025

Mick, I too am very sorry to hear about your terrible weekend, I don't know if it is any consolation, but I am regretting never

having married! It wasn't a conscious decision, it just didn't happen and now I have no children, no family and no companion.

I do remember once before your reporting on here that you regretted not having divorced 10 years ago,

I really do hope that things improve soon. My thoughts are with you.

• RMweb Gold

Monday morning and I have no idea what this week holds in store.

In an outbreak of efficiency I've aleady done some of the things that need doing. Main task was getting somewhere for Robbie to stay next weekend. We are going to Droitwich. I think it would be unfair to impose Robbie on my brother's elderly cats. Robbie will be very happy where he is going, he gets taken on runs rather than walks!

Tony

Morning all. Slept in a wee bit this morning, must have needed it. No sign yet of the parcel leaving the depot in the tracker so guess I'll have to go to work and bite the bullet on the long round trip to the depot at some point.

Mick - sorry to hear about the troubles. Fingers crossed that'll remain the worst weekend for a very long time and things pick up.

Dominik - definitely the second. I think the snow helps, but I think I prefer the shape of the second's nose.

Sorry to hear you had such a terrible weekend Mick.

It sounds somewhat inadequate to say that I am thinking of you both but it is about all I can say, and it's true!

Fingers crossed that you get it sorted.

• RMweb Premium

Seminar cancelled due to our prof being ill, so here I am going for some railfanning. As it is, I just captured this formation a few minutes ago:

mobile.8ddu28.jpg

These were 203 309 and 314, top-and-tailing 719 102, which is a roadbed inspection DMU. I do not know why it was not operating under its own power, though.

Edited by 1216 025

• RMweb Gold

It's a long way to Kingmoor's debatable lands from Essex, Tony! You sure Robbie's ready for Boot-camp Stafford? :mosking:

He'll be staying somewhere a little closer but I'm sure he would be very happy to visit the place where parcels come from. Last year Dave organised regular barking practice for Robbie!