The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for your good wishes.

I'll probably have a quiet day tomorrow. I'm not allowed to drive or sign legal documents until noon on Saturday and I am advised not to operate machinery . I think after anaesthetic that I'm OK but having once shut a window without moving my head out of the way I know not to trust my judgement. I'll probably just watch the cricket.

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Woke up with a craving for tea and biscuits!

It is still dark outside, but I let Robbie out for a run round the garden and he returned dry so I assume it hasn't rained. I don't think it was frosty either.

Aditi is planning a shopping trip to Bluewater (a large shopping "mall" for our overseas readers) in Kent. I won't be going which is probably sensible as I feel more woozy than I did yesterday.

Tony

Morning all

'having once shut a window without moving my head out of the way'

I bet that was a pane, Tony.

Smashing!

Good morning all,

Good news then Tony, I only went to Bluewater before it opened.........seem to recall I had to do some mods to a paving machine in the massive car park.

It's "environmental" day here so no movement before mid morning. But stacks of work stuff to do in the apartment. Temps here forecast to be in the high 30's today. (38c on last Thursday), with rain later in the week.

Whatever your weather enjoy your day

Trev.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

I think my window of opportunity for some additional Zs has passed, so I think I'll go for another cuppa coffee instead, though it is terribly dreich outside. Just returned from the vet where Trude had another injection due to a hormonal matter, shall we say.

Be back later...

Morning all Woke up with a craving for tea and biscuits! It is still dark outside, but I let Robbie out for a run round the garden and he returned dry so I assume it hasn't rained. I don't think it was frosty either. Aditi is planning a shopping trip to Bluewater (a large shopping "mall" for our overseas readers) in Kent. I won't be going which is probably sensible as I feel more woozy than I did yesterday. Tony

Sounds like a handy excuse to get out of going shopping Tony! :mosking:

Morning all. Frosty here this morning. A day of tidying up in the flat today before a trip to Glasgow. Loads to do in the flat, as nothing's really been tidied since Christmas.

Also waiting on a parcel of books coming by FedEx. I know it's arrived at their Edinburgh depot, I'm just not sure if "Next Working Day" includes Saturdays with FedEx, or whether it'll hang around the depot all day today while I'm in to receive it, then they try to deliver it on Monday while I'm at work...

Morning All,

It is rather a grey morning here - so I'll skip over the weather and comment on some other things...

Tony: Great news! Glad it worked out Ok. Hope you are feeling less sore this morning.

Dominik: Ahhh - Platform 104 at Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof if I am not mistaken. ;)

I've went to Bluewater a couple of times not long after it opened. At the time I lived in Essex and so it usually wasn't worth the extra effort of a trip across the river. Having said that, my parents went Christmas shopping at Lakeside and said it was starting to look a bit tired now.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Robert, Lakeside is OK but I'd be looking tired if I went there today. I tend to now go to visit a specific shop rather than wandering round the site. i probably go to the shops on the nearby Tunnel Estate more often, Bluewater has a John Lewis which is what Aditi wants to visit today. There is a new JL in Stratford about 10 minutes from where she often works but as her lunch hour is usually 10 minutes "al desko" and at the end of the day she either wants to come home or go for a swim she has only been there once.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Also waiting on a parcel of books coming by FedEx. I know it's arrived at their Edinburgh depot, I'm just not sure if "Next Working Day" includes Saturdays with FedEx, or whether it'll hang around the depot all day today while I'm in to receive it, then they try to deliver it on Monday while I'm at work...

i ordered some software from Amazon late yesterday afternoon. City Link have already delivered it this morning (at about half eight). Their tracking did indicate it was out for delivery.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

My last post seem's to have disappeared into cyberspace maybe because it was written in italics. This was in bold originally.

It has now reappeared life and the computer strange times indeed.

Edited by skipepsi

• RMweb Premium

Morning All,

Although Tony may have been framed it seems they could see through him!

Off to Southampton exhibition shortly followed by a spot of lunch and a session of playing trains. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

i ordered some software from Amazon late yesterday afternoon. City Link have already delivered it this morning (at about half eight). Their tracking did indicate it was out for delivery.

Tony

Mine currently has the last event as 03:37 today, Edinburgh... Fingers crossed.

At least England seem to stand a chance in this Test Match...

• RMweb Premium

Mine currently has the last event as 03:37 today, Edinburgh... Fingers crossed.

I seem to remember that German FedEx do not deliver on Saturdays, except when senders choose it as an option. In fact, only DHL have Saturday deliveries as a standard, if I'm not mistaken.

• RMweb Gold

The feedback from the visual evidence was encouraging, and no need for an urgent appointment, just keep my routine one in June.

The new (to me) technique of spraying the intestine with blue dye to highlight pre cancerous lesions reduces the number of biopsies taken considerably.

Tony

Great news!!

And I forgot to add good morning all (it's an age thing, apparently). No frost this morning and a bit of occasional sunshine forecast - and actually appearing. Not bothering with Eastleigh - awkward rail journey from here and my arthritic knee doesn't like the sound of the length of walk from the station - so it looks like it might be out for the 'paper plus any shopping I'm commanded to look for.

Our lad seems a lot brighter and is off to footie today so hopefully he's on the road to some sort of recovery.

Edited by The Stationmaster