The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I'm not sure how many of you guys follow USA & Canadian Railroads but this video is entertaining of the "backyard" railway of Russ Eldred.

5 real miles of mainline (3 miles of passing loops) 285 turnouts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyf1t08mQa8

Fully operational and signalled. It takes 5 such of these HD Vids to show 85% of the layout.

Enjoy with Coffee.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

as I believe my pillow is sufficiently well cushioned. Oh well...

I find the pillows in French, German and Austrian hotels very unsupportive of my head. The pillows are too soft, or funny shapes. I get used to it though. One BiL takes his pillow on holiday with him.

• RMweb Gold

Morning (just) all - it's ch pipe survey day today so fingers crossed that if there is a leak it is not under the tiled sections of floor (although an awful lot of the pipe runs are :mad: ). Nice walk down to the river yesterday with the lad - who seems a bit brighter but is still up & down, he's back to see the Doc tomorrow but is clearly still not fit for work. I'll be at lots of keyboard bashing this week for my little bit of 'advice' in the northlands but hopefully it will be finished by the end of the week. Some rain promised for our neck of the woods but otherwise just the same old miserable cloudy weather.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure how many of you guys follow USA & Canadian Railroads but this video is entertaining of the "backyard" railway of Russ Eldred.

When he was about 3 we took Matthew to Audley End where there is a miniature railway through the woods. There were hundreds of teddy bears (and other soft toys) in the trees and bushes. Aditi loved it. Matthew seemed more impressed with the refreshment room which was a (stationary) double decker bus where you could take your food and drink to the top deck.

• RMweb Gold

- it's ch pipe survey day today

Parents in law had that problem at their old house. Turned out not only did they have a leaking central heating system, there was also a slight oil leak to the Aga. They sold the Aga, had gas installed and had the ch pipes rerouted. At least the tiles were OK.

• RMweb Premium

Fully operational and signalled. It takes 5 such of these HD Vids to show 85% of the layout.

Enjoy with Coffee.

Best, Pete.

Have you got a track plan to share with us Pete ? :O

• RMweb Premium
... but this video is entertaining of the "backyard" railway of Russ Eldred.

Even without the railway that's quite some "backyard"!!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium
Welcome David, Happy Birthday.

That goes from me too - sorry I didn't welcome you to the drivel exchange informed discussion forum that is ERs sooner - there's always room for another one.

Stewart

Hi all,

Will catch up on all the posts later, just checking in.

Currently sitting in the cafe at Tiso having a hot chocolate and about to get stuck into reading some stuff from work. Laptop battery's nearly run out as stupidly I left it on standby not powered down.

Had a lunchtime appointment and decided not to go back to the office but just to take some reading to a cafe instead.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Still far too sleepy - I'm wondering if I may be adjusting to the slowly expanding daylight hours already? Always messes me up... :wacko:

Be back later, so in any case, have a good one...

Morning All, and welcome David, got idea about the engine either (rails to far apart for my knowledge!) .

I managed to watch a bit of that guys back yard railway, but the internet was playing up last night so could only watch a few seconds before it froze. That makes it frustrating! So give up!

Enjoy your day

Trev.

Morning All,

A rather damp and chilly morning greeted me when I surfaced today. It is currently around 3°C and raining. I am certainly looking forward to lighter mornings!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, wet this morning but no sleet or snow as forecast, it doesn't feel cold enough at present. Feeling tired still but actualy slept better last night, still wishing it was Friday but it is payday on Wednesday.