The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

"Sounds like it should be a cross between Camembert and Gorgonzola "

That's a strange coincidence!

It is.

According to Wikipedia it isn't a coincidence, the name is deliberate marketing. I'm not sure why a German cheese would want to sound Italian or French though.

Edited by Tony_S

I'm afraid I'm very conservative when it comes to cheeses. If it moves I run

Cheddar, Gouda and Edam being my staples.

BoD, The brandy was accompanied by a grated Cheese filled Portuguese roll! :P

Edited by DonBradley

Morning all,

Well made it back "home" in one piece, together with a lot of fancy cheese's (Christmas unopened left overs). Glad to here the foots on the mend.

Talking about youngsters believing the "rules" don't apply to them, the only people causing hold ups at airport security yesterday (Bristol & Paris) were 20 somethings..........

Don, realy good new on the foot front!

Whatever your up to today, enjoy

Cheers

Trev.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

'Twas a dark and stormy night, the rain fell in torrents, and here I am, sat with a cup of coffee. I think tidying up some will be the first task for today, following which some purchases will have to be made.

Be back later, so have a good one!

Morning All,

I'm back in the office again this morning - feeling a little tired. Given the number of early nights and late mornings I have had of late, this is surprising but then I didn't sleep all that well last night. Too much howling wind and driving rain.

The storm is set to abate later on - hopefully there won't be another one hot on its heels! Must have been pretty wild in your neck of the woods Dominik.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is windy enough here to require the bin bags to be wedged under the back of the car.

I don't have too many planned tasks today, though I do need to tidy up my car a bit as it is off for its annual service tomorrow.

Tony

Thanks Mick,

I am planning on being VERY careful. I do NOT want the agony of another infection and/or another session in hospital.

So Doctors rules, advice etc. etc. will be meticulously followed, even when it feels normal again, which is still some months off.

Thanks for the thought.

'Twas a dark and stormy night, the rain fell in torrents,

In fact the weather was frankly abhorrent.

The wind it was lazy, blowing right through you,

We're not in the Arctic - no snow for an igloo!

But Trevor and Don won't share in our sorrow,

They've got some weather we'd quite like to borrow!

But for all us up here in the north hemisphere,

We're all off to 'Ampshire to sample Phil's beer!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Very windy here in London. Walking out from London Bridge past the Shard I nearly got blown over with a lot of crashing sounds in the Shard and the road barriers just outside all blew over!

The tower crane on the Shard wont be in use today!!

Ian

Storm abated here.

The plants are mightily confused.

Wild Pansies, Wallflowers, Snowdrops, Jasmine, Carnations, Cyclamen are all in flower (if looking sorry for themselves).

Still no reasonable batch of birds seen feeding here.

Occasional visits but not such large numbers as in the past.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

The wind it did blow chez 45156 last night and today, and when I got up, the milk had been left on the step, as the milk bottle rack was nowhere to be seen. When it got light, I went out and found it in a bush in the front garden, complete with the empties. I've cancelled the builder who was due to take the patio doors off until things calm down a bit.

Other than that, not a lot so

Regards to All

Stewart