The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Ditto, back to work for me too. I took some work away with me over Christmas and didn't even look at it. So I guess once I've cleared the inbox I'll crack on with that.

Forecast for today is wet from about 10 onwards. I'm going climbing after work but at least that's indoors!

Have as good a Wednesday as you can if you're back to work!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, The wind seems to have eased and it isn't (currently) raining. Skies are fairly clear so it is a bit on the chilly side but thankfully nothing like Pete's -12C! Might venture out at some point today but as the staff are at home this morning she may have other ideas and plans for my time. I did cross a couple of things off the list yesterday but only the things that took me 5 minutes tops.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Very red sunrise this morning but now turning grey although it's forecast to brighten up in a while. Man to attend to heating troubles is due today - as long as he can stop the boiler making some 'not quite right' noises and we can get hot water back it will be quite a step, getting the heating back might be nearer to miraculous.

Morning all..

Tax return for 2010 completed and I owe nuffink!.. :sungum:

So that's out of the way for another year.

Picking up my wayward son from Heathrow this morning. Hopefully he'll be there as last email said he wasn't coming home and staying in the US. I told him I had no problem with that if that's where he see's his future, but surprisingly you can't just stay there without a Visa, let alone sorting out all his UK responsibilities first. Bit of a bummer really, but that's how it works and you'll have to live with it.....

CHEERS!

Surgeon very happy with healing process. Dressing only needs changing Mon, Wed & Friday.s

I am much relieved.

I am going to have a celebratory brandy before lunch.

It remains a "perfect" day. Clear, bright, no wind and a very comfortable 23C.

Morning All,

Very pleased to hear that Don - sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

I am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Being signed off sick means I can't go out and I am now coming close to climbing the walls! I can't even motivate myself to do any modelling.

At least the sun is shining this morning. Makes a change from the grey weather of the past few days.

Have a good one everybody...

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

It is a rather damp dull morning here. It is also very quiet, Aditi has returned to work and Matthew is revising for his exams. I'll put all the Christmas stuff away during the day.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

CHEERS!

Surgeon very happy with healing process.

Great news there, Don - take it easy and let nature take its course - from experience, I can say that sometimes the healing process seems slower for me due to my diabetes - perhaps you are also in the same boat.

• RMweb Premium

Great to hear about your progress, Don!

At least the sun is shining this morning. Makes a change from the grey weather of the past few days.

I just checked the forecast and it seems we'll be hit by another storm front beginning this evening. It's quite windy up here already, so I'd better batten down the hatches tonight.

Great news Don. Enjoy your brandy and relax in the sun...

Son made it back to the UK and is already working on an entry visa to the US to stay longer. Very happy for him and the fact he has recognised you have to do some things by the book.

• RMweb Gold

Son made it back to the UK and is already working on an entry visa to the US to stay longer. Very happy for him and the fact he has recognised you have to do some things by the book.

It seems to take time to sink in with younger folk. My lad came home from work yesterday moaning about a different editorial policy the boss wants him to follow while saying I think he wants to get rid of me because i don't do the job that way - and I'm not going to. At which juncture i pointed out that they could get rid of him very cheaply (for them) if he didn't do what they boss was telling him to do. It eventually sunk in.

PS ch now back in full working order and we have hot water!!

Edited by The Stationmaster

• RMweb Gold

If you like cheese and hot spicy things, you have to try this.

I suspect Matthew would like it, however his mother wouldn't like the chilli.

Other cheese news. Somehow in my ignorance I thought Cheshire Cheese and Lancashire Cheese were similar. I'm glad to have been educated this Christmas as I now rather like one of them.

I got given a cheeseboard for Christmas from my Godparents - complete with cheese.

I suffered for it afterwards with rotten indigestion and strange dreams!

I should add, I ate the cheese - not the cheeseboard...

• RMweb Premium

I got given a cheeseboard for Christmas from my Godparents - complete with cheese.

I suffered for it afterwards with rotten indigestion and strange dreams!

I should add, I ate the cheese - not the cheeseboard...

This does sound like there may have been casu marzu on that cheeseboard... :O