The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue, but we must have had some rain last night, because the arbour roof is wet, but it's not raining now. I’ll shortly be setting off to the butchers for the weekly meat rations and a pork pie for today’s dinner. Then it’s off to the Trafford Centre for a few more bits and pieces, I’ll also call at the bank to get some money out for tomorrow’s visit to the model railway exhibition in Warrington.

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

I guess you meant  this one, currently  headed in from the west...

Screenshot(787).png.235ca9c573056c078c8f0ebf3f4494cb.png

Until about mid-day when the low-cloud went somewhere else. In winter days we can be inside the clouds all day. 

Jeez, and I was thinking Ol Mick was showing his age!

article-2379658-1B0356A2000005DC-991_306x423.jpg.f86973fe1c56eedef17e1dfd53a65e28.jpg      IMG_5752.jpeg.ffef0368864c7c9714.jpg.dfadb15588a3158609a4e6ecd96b51ba.jpg

Time to get some work done, mate!

Great news - I came home this arvo and saw that nice new neighbours have moved in to replace the crappy old Neigh-bours (LOL) .

Property prices have risen already!

image.png.9c3cca5c5bdab65d3e3c4be7de19d9ef.png

Hmm not so certain about that Chimpy me old chum. If you can't see them, you don't know what there getting up to. Better to keep them in sight, so that when they are 'attending the briefing' prior to going over the top, you'll at least have some warning to man the barricades.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 4

9 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Now, given that I am in Tokyo this means an urgent trip to Akihabara beckons in order to relieve myself of this cash. For those of you not in the know, Akihabara is where they have all the high-tech shops (lots of model railway shops as well). 

And tea maids!

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

14 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Better to keep them in sight, so that when they are 'attending the briefing' prior to going over the top, you'll at least have some warning to man the barricades.

Easy for you to say, you didnt have to put up with their rubbish  dance music booming out every Saturday night.

- 

Say what you like about Hip Hop, but I'd take that every day over their stupid rip-off version -  Clip Clop, the lamest musical sub-genre of them all!!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not a bad night last night, six hours sleep in all but when I went to move out of bed every joint protested vigorously so pills were taken. Couldn't see the moon last night as the fist and mog rolled in and it's still hanging about this morning. Not a lot of shopping to do, just a few essentials such as bread milk and eggs but thats for later.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Ahhh, not that 'ol excuse again.....

"It simply must be solid gold, Dear....or Platinum......

🤣

And not any old gold, 22 carat…

Aditi isn’t really in to jewellery as much of it affects her skin. 
She doesn’t wear a wedding ring and was told by a lecturer colleague she was “leading men astray” by not doing so.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

As the weather forecast is iffy and changeable over the next few days and is subject to frequent modification I will have to judge the best time to give the lawn a trim prior to the garden bin collection on Wednesday.  The new presence of storm Ashley is changing the forecast.

The timing trick is to judge when the squelchiness has diminished before the next set of squelchiness causing precipitation.

It's an exciting life now I've retired.

I attended (and joined) the local history (for want of a better tem) society last night. Found that I was one of the youngest there. I also found some odd ideas present.

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

He looks as if he's been stuffed and mounted.

....More than once

Mr Jagger too. On both counts. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Satellite I'd think with the exposure needed to bring out those stars with that level of colour saturation. 

Maybe.   This is a peak time for meteors - debris left by the last passing of Hayley's comet.  Peak viewing is supposedly early on Monday morning (5 to sparrowf@rt  CET) when they predict 25ish meteors per hour.   

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, polybear said:

Well now he's been seeing a side to them that he described as akin to bullying/controlling etc. and has decided he wants nothing more to do with them; he's now found that others have left for similar reasons.  I think he's done the right thing.

That's the side I've seen with people I have known .

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, polybear said:

Buddy OTR mentioned to Bear yesterday that he's decided that a certain organisation (famed for going round the streets knocking on doors

They seem to have given up round here. What we do get are the charity sign up people, most commonly claiming to be the Red Cross. Usually very earnest looking young people whose mask slips when it is mentioned that we never ever sign up for anything to doorstep, unannounced callers. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 5
  • Friendly/supportive 8

1 hour ago, polybear said:

Buddy OTR mentioned to Bear yesterday that he's decided that a certain organisation (famed for going round the streets knocking on doors 😉) weren't all they appeared to be after all;

Yeah, you let one Avon lady sell you some moisturiser  and before you know it they are like seagulls.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

30 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

They seem to have given up round here. What we do get are the charity sign up people, most commonly claiming to be the Red Cross. Usually very earnest looking young people whose mask slips when it is mentioned that we never ever sign up for anything to doorstep, unannounced callers. 

I had one of those last week. I said that I wasn't interested in signing up for a monthly amount but I'd give him a one-off donation. He wasn't interested in that, he told me that they weren't set up to take single donations.

What's that all about? Seems less about helping the charity they  are claiming to represent and more about sucking me dry.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Agree 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

What's that all about? Seems less about helping the charity they  are claiming to represent and more about sucking me dry.

The “chugger” fees for generating the sign up can take almost a years worth of contributions. Charities use these paid collectors as one income stream. If I am going to give, I will initiate the process. 

• Agree 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Great news - I came home this arvo and saw that nice new neighbours have moved in to replace the crappy old Neigh-bours (LOL) .

Property prices have risen already!

image.png.4b8dc8789db98083a88e4e8e0e21efef.png

Don't start cheering too soon - cows are just as deadly as the former Neigh-bours*...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp8egk077x8o

* There's a song about that!

"Neighbours

Everybody hates the neighbours...."

Edited by Hroth
cue for a song
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Funny 6

9 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Don't start cheering too soon - cows are just as deadly as the former Neigh-bours...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp8egk077x8o

Yes but don't equate pommy cows with the rest of the world.

Your lot were exposed to  Mad Cow disease, probably caught off of the Prime Minister at the time.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Yes but don't equate pommy cows with the rest of the world.

Your lot were exposed to  Mad Cow disease, probably caught off of the Prime Minister at the time.

Odd....

I'd have thought you'd appreciate cows with attitude!!! 🙃

Looking at your cow again, its got a Hereford face pattern though not the purebred underside so if nothing else, its related to a pommy cow...

Edited by Hroth
Extra!
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

3 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Odd....

I'd have thought you'd appreciate cows with attitude!!! 🙃

Yes, cows are freedom fighters,

horses are just interested in organised crime, hence the term  "Drug mule".

• Like 1
  • Funny 10