The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Got rid of Waze, found a different one called Magic Earth., it claims to be recognised by Android Auto, but so far it hasn't. However the maps look good, the GPS speed is on the right, and it has an option saying communicate by Bluetooth.. so that might get the voice to work if A Auto doesn't.

Delivery from the house of strong ladies, SWMBO will be happy, a big set of artists pens, and also beech balls to make drop spindle weights.

Solder paste and flux were also delivered, along with support wheels for the gate that's under construction.

The welkin of course opened while the parcels were being passed to me..

Thundering tractors.. they are sugar beet harvesting now.

Mixed grill this evening, including black pudding, liver and kidney..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

@Debs.  Your Aldi has even more chrimbo fodder out than ours does!  I don't need any chrimbo pud this year, I've several puds in the cupboard that will be at least 18 months matured* by time I get around to eating them.

I'm waiting for the mince pies to achieve a best before date sometime in the new year before I buy some, they're currently at 13th November.

* They were "6 months matured" when I bought them last year...

I couldn't believe how much Christmas bloat and how early the festive aisle had appeared.....I took the picture as I doubted my friends would believe it either! ☺️ 

.....What's next, hot cross buns? 🙄

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Debs. said:

I couldn't believe how much Christmas bloat and how early the festive aisle had appeared.....I took the picture as I doubted my friends would believe it either! ☺️ 

Not until Halloween.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Debs. said:

2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Not until Halloween.

Have a look on the baked goods shelves, HCBs are available already...

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

20 hours ago, Darlington_Shed said:

Good news: I no longer have to isolate.

Bad news: Mrs Shed tested positive today so we can share our misery.

Tomorrow will be Day 5 since I tested positive, so if I test negative* I can venture out for shopping. Worst case, in west London we have access to all of the online delivery services so an extra day or two of housebound confinement won't be much of an inconvenience, although I am looking forward to a bit of fresh air.

*According to government wisdom no test is necessary - I'll be a free man if I'm not running a temperature. But I'll err on the side of caution.

You're about a day plus ahead of me. We had the reverse, whereby the Mrs was first into the fray and is now past the 5-day, I therefore "got it" from her.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I'll suggest she's to blame though, I value my life and liberty too much to be that stupid!! 😲😲

Given we were both placed on Plaxovid, subsequent testing is, by professional opinion, a waste of time, as after the treatment you'll test positive for some time later!

BIN day <meh> and I did manage to get the BINs out there, but disinterested either way.

I'll miss choir rehearsal again today, but since I still feel fairly carp and very congested it's no big loss.

Another day inside for us b, but we'll be watching the WNBA Lynx or home team (womens basketball) tonight in the first game of the championship finals.

Weather is staying late August-like around here at 16c and sunny BIN time and 28c the expected high. Fear not @southern42 we will see an overnight of 0c Monday 😀

Onward...

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Bear has a new acquisition:

"Poole Quay by Gaslight"

image.png.3b06d89c190c30b4075d25f126d47b27.png

- a purchase from the Warehouse; I often look at the piccies and this one just grabbed me.  It's a big piccy (34" x 24" framed) - the frame does it no favours though, so if I decide I like it enough (likely) I'll re-frame it; it's unusual in that it has the appearance of an oil painting (it's unglazed accordingly) but I'm sure it isn't - different sized versions are available on the 'bay & net.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Just had some pics from my sister who lives out in Florida, seems she avoided worst of the hurricane, had a bit of tree damage but nothing else 

She’s roughly where the dropped pin is 

IMG_0677.jpeg.6fdeebe02ffe53c92ac18c8cd310221e.jpeg

live power lines! 

e67bc4be-afb2-4622-a841-cbee9183cd8c.jpeg.e975e4d3f879efd6949bbbef52e3a148.jpeg

1141a4b8-32cb-4820-b9c0-3bb079b6d50f.jpeg.354970d7dbedd918437f2fd524bd4370.jpeg

b2b43271-a5dd-4e34-958b-7f6d24065014.jpeg.d07d6c685faf9ebb5d0a46c1f0dd1c2c.jpeg

Been worried about her all day so glad to hear from her 

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Hroth said:

* 4ft or 8ft...

32ft Bombarde?

Evening orl, from what was a sunny rock, but I was less than sunny, just couldn't get going this morning.  I took myself off the the Point of Ayre (John O'Groats Fraggle stylee) for a walk, then around the Bright Lights of Royal Ramsey for another mile.  That helped a bit, spent a couple of hours in the garage tending to live steam locos after their trundle out at the weekend, the naughty one has a slot on the bench booked.

Looking back towards the hilly bit (2,036 feet).

20241010_1144461.jpg.80cb8e5ce8a701505108b83dd47dcfc5.jpg

Edited by New Haven Neil
A b
  • Like 6

... Regarding compensation for Post Office victims and who administers it - The money’s going to come from the same source, us, so I wonder what view the Labour government will take on who administers compensation. The post office have not proved themselves very adept at good management practice, so …

https://johncolby.wordpress.com/2024/10/10/postcards-from-home-2024-43-covid-and-horizon/

MerevaleAbbey.jpeg.f46d836ed366c0775ff7f5c49e2b0c34.jpeg

• Like 3