The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Tis stupid o'clock in the morning, the fire hose is on, tis chuckinitdarn and it's quite windy out there. Paws and ankle not happy, weather radar says we've some time more of this..

Yes the jungle is high out the front, you'd never believe that had been sprayed with weed killer, needs doing several times more.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Just looking out of the office window and it has literally gone from glorious sunny morning with a blue sky to almost dark as a humongous black cloud is crossing over. I think a nice thing about being high up (we are on floor 21) is you get a great view of such things and see ground level go from bright to dark under the cloud. The weather here is so mercurial, it really does flip between extremes within a very short time, no build up or incremental change.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Her indoors is off to spend some time conducting about 10 recorder players for 3 days starting today. This means I can (other than doing some scheduled domestics my life is my own.

Tea beckons.. TTFN

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

It's raining here for a change but is getting brighter.  Shopping this morning then two more steres of wood to stack. One more for tomorrow.  Then hopefully a bit of wire strangling  ©Barry O

Ttfn. 

Jamie

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,

3.5 hours sleep, long Wake, 1 hours sleep, short awake, 1.5 hours sleep now running a bit late.

100% blue welkin out there, puddles not quite to maximum, everything dripping wet. The rain should at least have washed the mud off the roads , to be replaced by leaves, as they are really falling off the trees now.

There's a video on BBC breakfast at the moment that ChrisF would have loved, a Koala taking a stroll round a railway station in OZ.

Both mead demijohns are bubbling well, oddly one is showing a fairly clear liquid, the other off white. I must start drinking some of my Stocks of previous produce, out in the pub shed there are probably 50 bottles of various home brews.

Plan for today

Investigate the landrover electrics.

Assemble the trophy box,

More work on the microscope case.

Time for breaky..

• Like 18

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

Tis stupid o'clock in the morning, the fire hose is on, tis chuckinitdarn and it's quite windy out there. Paws and ankle not happy, weather radar says we've some time more of this..

Yes the jungle is high out the front, you'd never believe that had been sprayed with weed killer, needs doing several times more.

Wouldn't leave it too long as below 5 C it becomes inactive.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning, from a persisting down rock, dead still so it looks like it's in for the day.

Gurgle maps here is years out of date, shows the car before the car before on the drive.  I've had this one 7 years.

Pal H coming around to talk trains this morning, and compare arthritic bones and hip surgeries.  Age.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

I am glad that it is dull today for purely selfish reasons.  I am off to have a laser gun fired at my eye.  All very science fictiony.  A fairly minor procedure with low risks but needs the maximum dilation of the pupil which for me, usually, means a day of wall to wall blue sky and bright sunshine.  

Have a good day folks. See you all later (see what I did there?).

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold

A dull wet day, about 25mm of rain since I got up.  The forecast says it should stop by 7p.m. tomorrow, but it may be light rain at times.

The groceries have come and been put away, I have some ironing to do.  Yesterday evening  I found some face masks at the back of a cupboard, the ones which are out of date will go, there are plenty still within the use by date.  To be honest if things ever get back to needing face masks I'll only go near other people when I really have to!

I may do a bit of shopping and I will try to find a barber as mine is on holiday in Australia until the end of the month.  I might even just cut it myself as I did during lockdown, I can easily charge up the clipper.

Apart from that there could be some modelling or something.

David

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

To be honest if things ever get back to needing face masks I'll only go near other people when I really have to!

And me.

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

might even just cut it myself as I did during lockdown, I can easily charge up the clipper.

Or let to all grow and become a guru.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

And me.

Or let to all grow and become a guru.

Sadly I don't have all that much hair so it looks awful when it gets long, it is best when cut very short!

David

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well, I chose a good day yesterday for doing some DIY stuff, it started raining last night and it looks like it’s only just stopped! No work outside today, we are off out to Chatsworth House to meet up with some friends and have dinner and a walk round the grounds, that’s if the rain holds off. 

Back later.

Brian 

• Like 13

1 minute ago, BSW01 said:

... we are off out to Chatsworth House to meet up with some friends and have dinner and a walk round the grounds, that’s if the rain holds off. 

Used to live in the village of Two Dales, not too far from Chatsworth. It was either raining, foggy or snowy there; at least that's what my wife thought...

Off to Salisbury in a bit as my wife has an MRI scan there, then after bringing her back home it's off to Bristol to pick up one of my daughters. Her hospital shift finishes at 8pm so I said I'd pick her up outside there. Her friend's dad's funeral is down here tomorrow and she wants to support her. 

Retirement is all go...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

21 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Thats Casula Train (LOL!) station. 

Its a southwest suburb of Sydney and is  pretty built-up but the Georges River flows beside it so it more than likely came from the buffer zone that surrounds that or from the nearby Holsworthy Army base which is 20,000 hectares of bushland.

Meanwhile they are updating the Koala Crossing signs on my route to work from  the traditional yellow ones with a koala on it to LED-style electronic  signs due to  tourists pinching the old ones all the time!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. It certainly rained last night but at the moment it's blue skies with the odd cloud. It's going to be dry but cold towards the end of the week but no frost likely as it will be too windy. I removed a packet of bacon from the freezer last night intending to have a bacon butty (or two) for breakfast. But this morning it was swimming in water and when I drained it off it didn't smell to good so in the food waste bin it went.

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

Well, it appeared that I have lied to you.  The drops they have put in constrict the pupils rather than dilating them.  I guess the letter they sent out was just a standard one warning that dilation may be needed.  I did think that dilation would be strange for what I am having done. Just waiting to be called in.

Anyway, the sun can feel free to shine if it wishes.

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

Currently dry, but that can't be trusted....

Oh well, better get on with dry outdoorsey things until the rains arrive as the prognosticators of both ilk say they will!

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Used to live in the village of Two Dales, not too far from Chatsworth. It was either raining, foggy or snowy there; at least that's what my wife thought...

Off to Salisbury in a bit as my wife has an MRI scan there, then after bringing her back home it's off to Bristol to pick up one of my daughters. Her hospital shift finishes at 8pm so I said I'd pick her up outside there. Her friend's dad's funeral is down here tomorrow and she wants to support her. 

Retirement is all go...

Last time I was in Odstock Hospital was in the mid 1960s, my little sister had just had her tonsils out. She was most happy to be fed ice cream while the swelling went down,  the hospital was then rows of wartime wooden huts.

Well that was interesting, still haven't identified exactly where the land Rover fault was. Some of the fuses I'd swapped around while identifying the fault weren't making due to corrosion that wasn't visible. Eventually many fuses cleaned with fine emery.

So that led me astray, so i inspected the wiring at the back.. it has a non standard extension cable between harness and lights, I swapped over two that were incorrect.. Then brakes came on when the running lights were switched on. Which at least now showed the lights work... Then I followed the harness down and found the wires swapped over again. Swapped that to the correct sides now it all works..

Crumpets for lunch then microscope/ trophy box work..

It's all gone dark outside..

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Last time I was in Odstock Hospital was in the mid 1960s, my little sister had just had her tonsils out. She was most happy to be fed ice cream while the swelling went down,  the hospital was then rows of wartime wooden huts.

I had my tonsils out when I was four. That was in 1952 when sweets, including ice cream were still rationed.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

had my tonsils out when I was four.

I must have been about 8. I definitely remember being told we would have ice cream for breakfast. It was cornflakes, dry without milk! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, DaveF said:

To be honest if things ever get back to needing face masks I'll only go near other people when I really have to!

I don't need even that to avoid people .    😆

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Off to Salisbury in a bit as my wife has an MRI scan there,

Must get new glasses , read that as Sainsburys first time .    🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5