The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Known a few   Eoin as well..

Mapfactor Navigator has an up date rate so slow I've gone half a mile before it moves... Another failure.

Tried hooking up the phone to the in car tablet, but Waze doesn't see it.

Still thinking of a way round...

Soggyness has temporarily moved north of us, I believe it's about to do a I turn and come back.

Edited by TheQ
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, TheQ said:

Sat in the car with it chuckinitdarn, earlier I went to Tesco and Coe and her in the box worked perfectly, coming back because I changed route she went off in a huff...

The best way to think about Satnavs is to think of imps (ask Commander Vimes).

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

I've heard of them but never met one.

Gaelic I think?

Many variations, including the previously mentioned Niall (according to wikipedia, Niall of the nine hostages was the precursor to the Uí Néill (O' Neill, etc) dynasties. Written English has had enough problems with its own spellings and vowel changes over the centuries, then add in slightly different sounds, and a language where vowels can change in different cases. and you end up with a wide variety of spellings.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

I honestly don’t know. 

We learned quite early on never to trust surname spellings. 

One branch of the family variously uses Viall, Vial, Vail, Vaile, Vile, Veal, Veale or Viale. All the same name. 

I have a similar problem with a branch of my family, it could be Jiggins, Jiggens, Giggens, Jaggens plus a few other variations. On one Victorian census return two brothers were living in the same street one was recorded as Jiggins and one as Jiggens. Not surprising considering the thick Essex dialect they undoubtedly spoke with.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

G & L sorted - the existing supplier has a one year fix at the same price I'm paying now - meaning no price increase tomorrow or in the new year.  Close enough.

I finally got around to doing a second sort of Momma Bear's Wardrobe Drawers....all I can say is "not fun".  Nottalott more will be parted with, though the sort-out have resulted in three drawers being condensed into two drawers, so that's a Tick.

The Big River delivered to Bear Towers earlier - a 5L container of Macerator Cleaner; they did their usual "dump it, ring & run" stunt......

I have another delivery scheduled this later week (a forty-odd quid steam iron) - I've decided to have that delivered to Bearsville Post Office rather than risk it be dumped in plain sight.  T0ssers.

Post-din dins meant a sort of some muddlin' stuff - which took longer than I'd imagined; 99.9% of it is done now, so I reckon a Tick can be awarded.

Currently watching the last episode of "Nightsleeper" - total cr@p but I'm intrigued how it'll pan out.

And Finally....

A guy arrived to collect a 4ft Bar/Frost Protection Heater that was in Bear's sh*d; the sh*d was too big & poorly insulated (i.e diddly squat) for the heater to have any effect, apart from burn money.  So I bunged it on Freegle and got a response accordingly.  Tick.

BG

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had my annual eye test today, my distant vision is OK but my my near vision has changed. I am finding it difficult to read small print. So two pairs of reading glasses are on order, £90 in all. My old reading glasses are still OK for using the laptop and watching TV. Afterwards I done some shopping in Tess Coes but the joints were protesting so I stretched out on the bed for a while.

• Like 2