The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, the frost was melting off the car as I walked the dog so dry and clear is the weather I am hoping for. One more get up and work will be done for the year. Paid work that is!

Take care with your foot Don and make sure you follow the Doctors instructions.

Edited by skipepsi

Last day today before Xmas break. I won't be wearing a hat. Bah. Humbug.

Is this a day without kids, BoD, or do they make them come in for a one day week?

Another visit to the Doctor today to assess how my foot is healing (it's not)

Happy break to those already on vacation.

Good luck getting the foot sorted out Don.

No vacation for me yet. I'm working my first 5 day week since November (I can hear the tiny violins out there...). On the plus side, it's our office Christmas lunch on Thursday, and I would imagine the wheels of Government will turn even slower than normal on Friday...

Pretty mucky here too, DD.

I picked my Christmas present from Jamie's mum (along with some of my own cash and other presents) yesterday, and was told to get some use out of it this week, so I set it up last night. I was recently talking about getting a decent iPod dock recently, and this one came with excellent reviews on Amazon. The only problem is it's got a rather punchy bass - even with the bass boost turned off - so I'm worried I may be annoying the living daylights out of my neighbours!

Morning all, looks damp & murky out there, but no sign of frost. Guess what I got a "list".............now to get the car started.

Good luck on the foot Don, & make sure you follow the doctors orders.

Enjoy you day

Trev.

Guest Max Stafford

Working at 2 today, so I'll need to get Abi out shortly. Neither of us are that raring to go since it's so grey and wet this morning - yeuch!

Still, got to be done.

Hope you get your foot sorted Don!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Is this a day without kids, BoD, or do they make them come in for a one day week?

With the pupils. :rolleyes:

We are all convinced that the person(s) responsible for setting school holidays in Durham mus have had a bad experience at school. They always come up with the most inconvenient and illogical dates, especially at Christmas. I'm sure parents would have been happier for pupils to have had a couple more days at school this week too.

We are all convinced that the person(s) responsible for setting school holidays in Durham mus have had a bad experience at school. They always come up with the most inconvenient and illogical dates, especially at Christmas. I'm sure parents would have been happier for pupils to have had a couple more days at school this week too.

My daughter's school here is working right up until normal time this coming Friday. Separation of Church and State?

A good week everyone (and take care of that foot, Don).

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Today has been exciting so far. Furniture arrived at 9.30 but by then I'd had an unexpected trip to the station. The Clio lost an alternator belt as Aditi started it this morning. A pulley seems to have broken and the power steering belt has also been damaged. I charged the battery up and drove it to our nice local garage and left it for them to fix. One of my molar fillings dropped out last night so as I walked back from the garage I went into the dentist to ask for an appointment but he filled it straight-away which was nice.

Then I can start the planned tasks for today, working through Matthew's washing pile. He has been so busy over the last two weeks we said just bring it home. Hopefully the washing machine will survive.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I have been readmitted into hospital today so a merry Christmas and a happy new year if I am not home by that time

Don

I do hope you are home and well as soon as possible.

Very best wishes

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I hope those extra spendings will not impact your Christmas budget too badly, Tony!

Tooth was £47 (as mentioned by Mick recently!).

Not sure about car yet but it won't be too bad unless the reason the belt came off was something serious jamming rather than the pulley failing. The garage are very reputable and won't make anything up!

I think apart from dairy products and some vegetables I've done the Christmas spending apart from what Matthew has decided he would like. I've been asking Pete's advice in his role as Senior Racket Scientist!

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

Morning Afternoon All, Hope the quacks can sort your foot soon Don.

Played golf this morning and it started out bad and got worse (the weather that is). It's the first time I have played on a course that was so frosted and frozen that when putting the ball it either skidded rather than roll or came to an abrupt stop frozen to the grass! Then things improved NOT! It started to rain and continued to the end of the round. Horrid.

Probably no more golf until the new year so it had to be done. Now I have the joys of picking up a hire van, loading it with sundry furniture and driving it down to Dorchester this evening for delivery to No. 1 son who has just moved into a farm cottage. That'll be fun if we get more freezing rain.

Have a good (and safe) one all.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by eldavo

• RMweb Premium

Good luck with that Don. Dave look on the bright side if he is moving in somewhere else then he has moved out of yours! My eatimated date of departure for number one and only son (19) is sometime after hell has frozen over, possibly quite a long time after.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

5.30 am - rain/sleet/snow falling onto frozen streets.

6.30 am - temperature -1C sheet ice on the road, pavements also virtually impassable.

7.00 am - 30747 and I decide to have a day off if possible. 30747 calls in and asks her boss to find a substitute for the day.

7.30 am - newspaper deliverer fell over twice trying to get to a neighbour's house - I asked him how safe the roads were - answer was "stay where you are" - since waking at 05.30, only ONE car has gone past the side of the house, and that was sliding lovely - the newsagent's van was the second.

8.00 am - Rain starts - temperature risen to plus 2.

9.00 am - A few cars start to brave the road conditions on our estate.

10.00 am - Still raining, and seems that most of the skating rink has started to melt - temperature plus 6. Decide that I should, after all, put in an appearance at my place of employment.

10.30 am - Set off for work, as I don't want to take a day off unless it's necessary - this lot might come back the same another day!

Now chucking it down with rain - typical British weather if ever I saw it. Looking at the forecast for the coming week, it's I'm dreaming of a dreich Christmas.

Don - sorry I just reviewed the last few posts - good luck there, hope you like hospital turkey LOL - seriously, get back out soon.

Tony - that's what I had to pay as well for dental treatment, so I guess you're still getting NHS dentistry - that price covers several fillings, and/or extractions. I think that the basic checkup with scale and polish is £19.50.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Gold

Yes we still have NHS dentistry available here. Our dentist was the only NHS dentist locally for many a year but a couple of new practices have opened. My dentist is very good, he is very considerate and seems to hate doing anything painful, though he did offer to do today's filling without an anaesthetic if I so wished.

The car may be ready tonight.

I'm just off to collect a few sacks of medication, then we'll be almost ready for Christmas..

• RMweb Premium
... Dave look on the bright side if he is moving in somewhere else then he has moved out of yours! ...

Absolutely spot on Mick. Now if I can make him nice and cosy hopefully he won't want to move back. If not we'll have to move!

Felt as though Hell had frozen over this morning so there is hope for you yet. ^_^

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I think Matthew's plan is that he should stay here and we should move out! Though to be honest I'm not sure when he would be actually earning anything if he follows some "career" options he has mentioned.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

All the best, Don, and be well soon!

Just one more course tomorrow and I'll be done for this year! Of course, the Christmas break will be occupied by my completing the teaching practice report, and by beginning to revise stuff for the exams I'll be having in early February.